To be able to accurately track work order processing steps, define work order statuses.
By default, work orders have the following predetermined statuses:
- In progress. Indicates that work order processing is in progress.
- Completed. Indicates that work order processing is completed.
You can use these statuses “as is” or edit them according to your business needs.
If the predetermined statuses do not cover all steps of work order processing in your company, add custom statuses.
To edit a predetermined work order status:
- Go to Settings > Accounting settings > Sales.
- In the Work orders section, ensure the Several work order statuses check box is cleared.
- Edit "In progress" status or "Completed" status as described in Editing predetermined sales order statuses.
To add a custom work order status:
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Under Accounting settings, click Sales.
- In the Work orders section, select the Several work order statuses check box.
- Click Work order statuses catalog.
- In the Work order statuses list, click Create.
- Specify the status details as described in Editing predetermined sales order statuses.