1C:Drive supports the process of reserving products that need to be purchased for completing a certain sales order.
The process includes the following steps:
- Place sales orders.
- Backorder products.
- Receive and reserve backordered products.
- Optional: Transfer reserved products to another warehouse.
- Optional: Change reservations.
- Issue reserved products to customer.
Before you perform these steps, ensure the inventory reservation process is set up. For details, see Setting up inventory reservation process.
As you need to reserve products for a certain order, Creating sales orders.
When you create a sales order, do the following:
- In the Warehouse field, specify a warehouse that you want to issue the products from.
- On the Products tab, in the Quantity field, enter the number of product items to sell.
- To reserve the product quantity available in the warehouse, click Reservation and select Allocate.
If the products are available, the available quantity is prefilled in the Reserved field. As you post the sales order, this quantity is reserved for the sales order in the specified warehouse. To cover the need in the remaining product quantity required for the sales order, place a backorder. See Backordering products.
To backorder products required to complete a sales order, create a purchase order based on the sales order. To do this:
- Go to Sales.
- Under Sales, click Sales orders.
- In the Sales orders list, locate a sales order and ensure that its Status is select In progress.
- Click Generate > Purchase order.
A purchase order is displayed. It is prefilled with the details from the sales order, including the following:
- Warehouse. The warehouse where you want to receive and reserve the backordered products.
- Quantity. The product quantity to buy. By default, it is prefilled with the product quantity not yet reserved for the sale order in the specified warehouse. For example, in a sales order, the product quantity is 10 and the reserved quantity is 2. Then, the quantity in the generated purchase order is 8. 1C:Drive records this quantity as backordered when you post the purchase order.
- Reservation under. The sale order against which the purchase order is placed.
- Specify a supplier and edit other purchase order fields if required. For the description of the fields, see Creating purchase orders.
- Click Post and close.
You can reserve the backordered products as you record their receipt to a warehouse.
To reserve the backordered products, consider the following table. It shows the options to reserve the backordered products, business scenarios and steps for applying these options.
|Option to reserve backordered products||Business scenario||Steps|
|Generate a supplier invoice based on purchase order||Goods delivery together with a supplier invoice||
|Generate a goods receipt based on a purchase order||Goods delivery before a supplier invoice||
You can transfer the reserved products from one location to another. For example, transfer the reserved products to a certain warehouse upon a customer's request. As you transfer the products, their reservation is transferred as well.
The following table shows the options to transfer the reserved products, business scenarios and steps to apply them:
|Option to transfer reserved products||Business scenario||Steps|
|Generate an inventory transfer based on a supplier invoice||Goods delivery together with a supplier invoice||
|Generate an inventory transfer based on a goods receipt||Goods delivery before a supplier invoice||
You can change the product quantity reserved for a sales order linked to a purchase order. Do this in the same way as when reserving products in stock. For details, see Changing reservations. The only exception applies. If you change the reserved product quantity before receiving the backordered products, 1C:Drive ignores them while prefilling the inventory reservation document.
For example, in a sales order, the product quantity is 10 and 2 of them are reserved. The sales order is linked to a purchase order for 8 items. Then, If you generate the inventory reservation document to clear the reservation, the quantity in this document will be 2, not 2+8=10.
You can issue the reserved products to a customer. This will decrease the reserved quantity in the specified warehouse. The decrease can be only by a number that does not exceed the total product quantity reserved for the sales order.
To issue the reserved products to a customer, consider the following table. It describes the options to issue the reserved products, business scenarios and steps to apply the options:
|Option to issue reserved products||Business scenario||Steps|
|Generate a sales invoice based on a sales order.||Goods shipment together with a sales invoice||
|Generate a goods issue based on a sales order||Goods shipment before a sales invoice.||