To set up the template-based accounting:
- Go to Settings > Company and, under Accounting, select Use template based types of accounting. Then, if you need accounting entries to be approved, select the Approve accounting entries checkbox under Accounting approval.
- Go to Accounting and under Accounting settings, click Accounting policy. In your company's accounting policy, specify the types of accounting, charts of accounts, and entries posting option that you want to apply. For details, see Specifying types of accounting in accounting_policy.
- Specify accounting source documents that accounting entries must be generated for.
- Depending on the company's accounting policy settings, do the following:
- If the Entries posting option is Accounting transaction documents, specify accounting transaction generation settings.
- Add accounts to the chart of accounts specified in the accounting policy. For details, see Creating accounts.
If you need analytical dimensions for accounts, create analytical dimension sets.
- Optional: To apply certain accounts to accounting entries by default, create default account types and then default accounts based on them. For details, see Creating default account types and Creating default accounts.
- Create accounting entries templates, specify their validity period, and set their status to Active. For details, see Creating accounting entries templates.
- Create accounting transaction templates, specify their validity period, and set their status to Active. For details, see Creating accounting transaction templates.