Automation of repair processes within the ERP system is designed to ensure effective usage of enterprise assets:
- Increase technical availability of equipment.
- Reduce maintenance costs.
- Set unified regulations for repair provision and financing of repair operations.
To use repair management subsystem, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Manufacturing – Repairs – Repair management.
To organize effective repair management, you need a system to collect and keep information about enterprise equipment up-to-date.
In enterprises, equipment accounting is traditionally based on the "fixed assets" concept. Besides, there are a lot of tools and equipment in operation entered in the books as inventory that require attention to ensure their working efficiency.
In real-time accounting, there is a unified definition for all enterprise objects in operation (tools, equipment, building complexes and facilities, etc.) that require maintenance and control of maintenance costs. Specify passport data, parameters of usage and recognition of facilities in the Manufacturing – Repairs –Facilities list. The main facility parameters are specified on the Main tab:
- Class – information on facilities that provide equipment classification.
- FA group (international accounting) – object classification in terms of management financial accounting in accordance with IFRS methods.
- Operating department – a department being an expense accounting object related to equipment maintenance. Repair orders are registered for this department.
- Repairing department – the main external performer (inside the enterprise) of the facility repairs.
- Repair expenses accounting:
- Item of materials and activities – expense item that is offered by default if expenses are allocated to an operating department.
- Salary record method – expense recognition procedure of salary accrued to employees of an operating department for performed repairs.
On the Running time recording parameters tab, you can specify required parameters. Running time values can be set manually or automatically from the source defined by facility class.
On the Work centers tab, specify a list of dependent work centers with availability restrictions during repairs on facilities. Here are all work centers that cannot complete their tasks in full. From the technical point of view, there may be no correspondence between a work center and a facility. For example, switchboard repairs can leave several work centers without electricity and compromise the performance of production jobs.
You can specify and change parameter values in the list items with the Being edited status. Entered values are recognized as relevant for the population date which is specified in the Information date field. If you need to change the parameters of a facility in operation, the information date will be automatically filled in with the current date – at the moment of item status change to Being edited.
To arrange target repairs for each facility, you can create the hierarchical structure of repair nodes – a subordinate Facility nodes list. For example, a machine center can have the following separate repair nodes: control cabinet (repaired in the electrical shop), actuator units (maintained by external repair service), etc.
You can specify own service classes and repairing department, and a selected repair expense item used for nodes by default. You can record running time of nodes independently from those of a facility.
To use accounting drilled down by facility nodes, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Manufacturing – Repairs – Facility nodes.
The change history of nodes is saved, for example, transfer of nodes from one facility to another. Running time of a node accumulated within other facilities is preserved after transfer.
The Influences availability of facility work centers parameter allows you to select nodes where repairs can be performed simultaneously with work centers activity. In such case, work centers availability is not restricted.
Classification allows you to structure homogeneous information about facilities and classify equipment. You can create a data structure for a certain enterprise based on the current active classifiers and other requirements.
Facilities and facility nodes (repair nodes) are grouped in classes by common features:
- Passport characteristics
- Operation modes
- Sets of running time values
- Repair kinds
- Repair planning rules
You can create subclasses within classes with special repair planning rules for facilities and nodes belonging to one class, but having different operating conditions. For example, equipment of the same brand used outdoors requires more frequent maintenance than those used indoors.
Classes are set in the hierarchical Manufacturing –Settings and catalogs – Repairs – Facility classes list. The main parameters to create a class:
- Purpose – shows objects to classify: facilities or facility nodes.
- Subclass – shows whether subclasses are used.
- Set of passport characteristics.
- Attribute control. For each attribute, you can specify whether it is required when creating new facilities or facility nodes of a selected class. There are different sets of controlled attributes for facilities and their nodes in the application.
- Running time values – rules to register running time values:
- Running time value, UOM – running time kind with unit of measure. You can select it from the Running time values list.
- Residual lifetime – a parameter used to forecast the next time a facility or a node requires maintenance according to average daily running time values.
- Register – type of running time value registration: independently (by a facility or a node), or by source data. For example, a facility is a source for the node where it belongs to.
- Frequency – time period according to which running time values are recorded in the infobase.
- Recalculate average daily value – parameters to determine an average daily running time value.
- Repair cycle – set of planning rules for preventive repair kinds performed to ensure working efficiency of selected equipment kind. To determine the frequency of such repairs, set the interval between repairs.
- Other repairs – set of repair kinds assigned independently (out of cycle). You can specify repair necessity for each repair kind by operation time, or by running time. You can select an arbitrary unit of measure to record running time values. You can use Other repairs together with repair kinds of the repair cycle.
Repair kind – set of actions being a planning item and a repair management object. In the application repair kinds are described drilled down by classes. You can specify class repair kinds in the profile of the Facility classes list item. Specify the following attributes for a repair kind:
- General repair kind – defines the type of performed repair. For example, overhaul, running repair, maintenance, etc. It is filled in based on the General repair kinds list.
- Duration – specify standard repair duration.
- Generate plans – specify planning frequency (monthly, weekly, daily) and planning horizon. Planning frequency records response time for equipment requirement for planned repair, which is important in repair management.
- Materials and works – describe the demand for product resources. Specify materials used in the operating department and works requested by the operating department from other enterprise departments, or third parties.
- Labor costs – planned labor intensity by work kinds performed in the operating department.
Users working with master data have the Responsible for repair management master data access profile that provides the execution of the following functions:
- Commissioning of facilities and their nodes.
- Classification and standardization of catalogs.
- Specification of standard repair parameters.
Recording operational performance indicators
You can register running time values in the Manufacturing – Repairs – Running time value registration workplace. Based on parameters set for classes of facilities and nodes, the application automatically generates the requirement to record running time values on the References for registration tab.
You can record running time values using the Running time value registration document created manually.
Detected equipment defects and failures are recorded in the infobase in the Defect registration document.
Registration format is defined by enterprise regulations. The process can be performed by employees of the operating department, or repair service who can timely record the occurred event, and describe it by specifying the following characteristics:
- Operating department
- Facility where a failure, or a defect was detected
- Node details (if any)
- Defect details
- Required period (date) to eliminate a defect
Depending on severity of possible consequences, you can use registered defects to store statistical data on facility application, or treat them as events that require an immediate reaction.
There are two ways to eliminate detected defects in an operating department:
- Eliminated in situ – repair does not require special resources. To register repair completion, change the status of the document which registered the defect.
- Repair is required – elimination of defects requires significant labor costs and additional resources. Repair is performed against a repair order. Completed repair order can close some previously detected defects and mark them as fixed.
The users recording current operation data can use the Responsible for operation access profile that allows them to perform the following tasks:
- Record running time values
- Keep defect log
You can control the facility state using the Facility state report that contains:
- The latest performed repairs
- Current and planned running time values
- Residual lifetime
Application features allow you to specify required data to perform repairs of the following kinds:
- Planned maintenance. Repair is performed with the frequency specified in operational documentation.
- Repairs required due to technical condition. Necessity of repair is determined by technical conditions of facility nodes.
- Unplanned repairs. Repair is performed when facility nodes are damaged. Usually, those are unscheduled repairs after detected equipment failures.
You can generate maintenance schedule in accordance with master data and registered running time in the Manufacturing – Repairs – Repair activity planning workplace. Parameters allow you to create target groups of objects for planning:
- By classes and subclasses
- By operating department
- By repair department
- By general repair kinds
- By planning frequency
- By the set of arbitrary filters
According to the specified parameters, the Repair order documents are automatically created by references based on repair requirement. At this step, you can specify for a facility replacement or combination of one repair kind with other more extensive ones if these repair kinds fall for the same planning period. Created orders are approved and confirmed manually. It helps you control whether deadlines and performance parameters are specified correctly ensuring coordinated work performance in production and repairs. To create complex approval schemes, you can use 1C:Document Management.
The repair schedule contains a set of approved repair orders.
Repair order is a tool to perform repair activities that require separate resource supply. To select the material pegging option for materials planned to be used in repair activities, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Manufacturing – Repairs – Material pegging. This option determines the assignment in case of materials for repairs are supplied on pegging basis. The following values are available:
- By line of business – allows you to fulfill the demand for materials for a line of business to use them in repairs. A pegged object is a line of business.
- By repair order – allows you to fulfill the demand for ordered materials required for repair. Such materials can be used for repairs within a specific repair request for which materials are reserved. Repair orders serve as pegged objects.
The Repair order documents can be created by references as a part of repair planning, and manually to perform unplanned repairs.
A repair order is both a repair request that goes through all stages of approval and confirmation, and a document that defines the standard demand for resources to perform repairs. Depending on a repair procedure, repair orders can belong to different repair activities which you can specify in the document based on data of the Manufacturing – Repairs – Repair activities list.
During repair, you can specify demand for resources by adding required items in the tabular sections on the Materials and works tab.
You can exclude product items not used for repair, but only if are not written off to a department to fulfill the repair order demand, for example, by the Internal goods consumption document with the Write off as expenses transaction type.
A separate repair order is created for each facility.
An operating department is always an object of allocating expenses required to perform a repair order. Cost classification is defined by the operation specified in the order document:
- Repair. Repair order expenses are recognized in compliance accounting as general production expenses of an operating department.
- Renovation. Such costs are recognized in compliance accounting as a new fixed asset value changed due to renovation.
The Repair order document has a certain order to describe human resources required for repairs. On the Materials and works tab, specify the demand for employees to perform works as product items with the Work product type. Works and materials belong to product costs; demand for them is fulfilled by unified rules.
To register performed works, use the following production management features:
- The Production order documents are created based on the Repair order documents.
- The Production without order document is created.
When registering the specified documents, note that works and materials specified in the repair order are the released products. Materials used to fulfill a production order are not specified in a repair order.
Output of employees involved in repairs is recorded in the Employee output document. Data recorded in the Employee output document can be used to accrue salary. It also generates the base of itemized expense allocation by accrued salary to generate full cost of performed repairs.
In the repair order, on the Work centers stoppage tab, specify the actual time of works when work centers availability will be restricted. This information is relevant for production order planning. When you specify work centers, work center usage is estimated during the stoppage interval to perform repairs. The following values can be used in the information field of availability schedule:
- Empty value – work center availability was not set.
- Yellow warning sign – availability is specified, but the work center is not included in the production schedule yet.
- Red warning sign – work center availability is specified and it is used in the production schedule.
The Work centers stoppage tab is available when production functionality is used. See the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Manufacturing – Manufacturing section.
Safety stock of spare parts and materials for repairs are generated according to the unified demand fulfillment rules. Users can select an acceptable supply method (it may be individual for each product item) in accordance with enterprise regulations.
Depending on a repair kind, its duration can be significantly longer than accounting periods used for cost calculation in compliance accounting. Repair orders have the In progress status throughout the repair process. Despite that, the application records all expenses related to repair order fulfillment, they are accumulated for the facility. In compliance accounting, repair expenses are recorded for the accounting period when they were written off to the operating department.
The application provides accumulation of full cost of ownership for each facility from the moment of its commissioning.
The users participating in repairs have the Responsible for repair planning and Repairman access profiles. It solves the following tasks:
- Detection of defects in facility nodes
- Repair order fulfillment
You can find the variance analysis of repair order fulfillment in the Manufacturing – Manufacturing reports – Repairs – Repair progress report that displays:
- Order fulfillment percentage
- Planned and actual repair duration
- Changes in time of completion of works