To keep accounting of package, enable Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products –Accounting dimension – Reusable packages.
There is a special product type for package—Package. As well as for ordinary goods, you can keep records for package by characteristics and series. For more information about package types supported in the application, see chapter "Master data".
This chapter describes the process of package receipt under the terms of return, as well as the settlements procedure with supplier for received reusable package.
Package return necessity and return period determination
Package can be purchased from a supplier or received from a consignor on terms of return. You can define these terms in advance in the purchase terms agreement or record them when registering purchase documents.
If the package under terms of agreement is received under the terms of return, you should determine the time of package return. You should also define whether it is required to pay deposit value for the package.
When creating documents, information on the return date of the package is automatically calculated and filled out in the receipt document on the Additional information tab.
You can specify or change information on package return and deposit requirement right in the document. If the package does not have to be returned, do not select the Return reusable package check box in the document. In this case, settlements for package are made similar to settlements for goods purchase.
Deposit payment and return
If reusable package is received from the supplier on the deposit terms, then the purchase documents shall indicate the deposit value (prices for package). At these prices, total deposit value for the package is calculated and is to be paid in accordance with the payment schedule. In mutual settlements with the supplier, the deposit value for the package is not selected on its own.
Deposit value for the package is registered by the Cash voucher or Non-cash debiting documents. Return of deposit by supplier is registered by the Cash receipt statement or Non-cash receipt documents.
Package information in purchase documents
To fill in information about the package in the document, click Fill in – Add package.
In a new dialog box, one or several package selection options appear; the best option is marked.
If you do not fill in package information, you will be prompted to do it when posting the document (if the Offer to add reusable package to documents check box is selected in the settings).
Here are general options of package substitution:
- If packagings are not used for the goods, then the package is defined in the form of the product. This package will be offered while filling in.
- If packaging is selected for the product, then a package is offered that matches the entire packaging hierarchy. Upward in the hierarchy, package may vary; thus the package is selected from the closest in size packagings.
Package information in the document is filled in as follows:
- All goods with the specified packagings are selected, the required quantity of packages specified in the packagings is calculated.
- For goods with empty packaging throughout the package tree, the number of packages is calculated.
- For goods with filled packaging, package quantity is calculated up and down in the tree branch with the selected packaging.
- The total quantity of the same package for all goods is summed up. While summarizing, information about the warehouse, receipt (shipment) date, etc. is recorded.
Return date control and registration of package return or redemption
Operations with reusable package are made in Purchases – Returns – Package return and redemption – Received reusable package. A list of package that is not returned to suppliers is displayed in the Received reusable package workplace. There are different filter options available: by return date, specific supplier, manager.
In the list, you can select package items to return to supplier, and create package return. If a supplier package is damaged, package redemption is registered.
The Package redemption document records that package is purchased from a supplier. After the redemption is recorded, you can write off the package itself in a standard way, like regular goods.
Information about all registered package return and redemption documents is displayed on the corresponding tabs.
You can register package return while registering the Goods return to supplier document. While selecting goods in the return document for one or several receipt documents, you can see a list of package to be returned to the supplier on a separate tab Received reusable package.
Accepted reusable package analysis
The following reports are used to analyze received and transferred reusable packages:
- Received reusable package. The report shows the current status of received reusable package and provides the following information:
- How many packages in terms of quantity and total are not returned to suppliers.
- When and what package must be returned to a specific supplier.
- Received reusable package list. The report shows the reusable package turnovers for a certain period. It provides the following information:
- How many packages are accepted from the supplier at the beginning and at the end of the period.
- How many packages were returned to the supplier, and how many of them were purchased.
- Settlement card for received reusable package. This is a context report that allows you to track the package transfer in a specific document: how many packages and at what deposit value arrived, how many packages were returned (purchased), what documents for the package were registered.
Keeping records for package is similar to those of goods. This means that you can view warehouse balance, package transfer statement, etc.