You can generate the Purchase of goods and services document in Purchases – Purchases – Invoices for registration. On the To register purchase (receiving) tab, there is a list of references (Purchase orders) for which invoices must be registered. Depending on the Invoice creation state, you can perform the following actions:
- Create invoice – there are no invoices linked to the Purchase order document in the infobase. By clicking Register, you create an invoice filled in according to the order.
- Finish creating invoice – there are invoices registered on the basis of the Purchase order in the infobase, but they vary from the order. By clicking Register, you create an invoice with variance between the order and already registered invoices.
You can filter the list by invoice creation state.
In the Invoices for registration workplace, on the Note control tab, you can check correspondence between goods receipt notes and purchase invoices:
- – Goods receipt notes are registered, purchase invoices are not.
- – Goods receipt notes are not registered, purchase invoices are registered.
- – Goods receipt notes do not match purchase invoices.
By clicking Register – By receiving, you can create a new Purchase of goods and services document on the base of already registered warehouse notes, or change the existing document if purchase invoices mismatch.
If you select Master data and settings – Purchases – Purchase orders – Receipt under several orders , you can register several orders with one purchase of goods or services document.
When registering delivery document on the base of order, the prices specified in the purchase order will be controlled. If prices are changed in comparison with the prices specified in the order, they will be highlighted with color and icon.
You can view registered delivery documents and create the Purchase of goods and services documents without specifying basis in Purchases – Purchases – Purchase documents (all).
You can customize the list of shown purchase documents. To select document kinds or documents related to a certain business transaction, click Customize. In the Select business transactions and documents list, you can view only those document kinds you are authorized to. In the list, business transactions (documents) are not shown if this functional option is disabled.
From the list of purchase documents, you can navigate to document registration based on previously made references by clicking the following links:
- To register purchase – navigates to the Invoices for registration workplace, the To register purchase tab. The workplace displays a list of references (orders) according to which you should register goods delivery documents (Purchase of goods and services) against purchase orders. To do so, click Register.
- Note control – navigates to the Invoices for registration workplace, the Note control tab. The workplace displays a list of references (purchase terms agreements, purchase orders) according to which you should register goods delivery documents by actual goods receiving. To do so, click Register – By receiving. Here you can also check the state of goods receipt note registration (Goods receipt notes):
- – Goods receipt notes are not registered, registration is required.
- – Goods receipt notes are not registered, purchase invoice registration is available.
- – Goods receipt notes do not match purchase invoices. This icon means that the goods quantity specified in the note is not equal to the goods quantity received in the warehouse.
- To register purchase – navigates to the Invoices for registration workplace (the To register purchase (receiving) tab), which is used to record goods receipt by two documents (see chapter "Goods on the way and uninvoiced deliveries").
- Import application – navigates to the Purchase of goods and services document list with the Import from EEU transaction type for which there are no registered applications for import from the Customs Union countries (see chapter "Goods purchase from the EEU countries").
Customs declaration import – navigates to the Customs declarations for import to register workplace that displays a list of Purchase of goods and services documents with the Import transaction type for which you should register customs declaration (see chapter "Purchase of imported goods").
Form the list of all purchase documents, you can open a list of registered purchase orders, letters of authority, and the USAIS waybills.
You can create new purchase documents in the overall document journal. If there are too many document kinds in the list, they are displayed as a drop-down menu: a document kind, then a business transaction. When creating a new document, the selected document kind and business transaction will be filled in automatically.
In the new purchase document, you can fill in the tabular section by importing information from spreadsheet files (*xls, *.mxl, etc.). To do so, click Import from external file.
To register goods receipt by one purchase invoice for several warehouses at once, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Purchases – Purchase documents – Receipt of goods to several warehouses. In this case, specify a group of warehouses with respective setting in the document heading, and warehouses that belong to this group – in the tabular section.
You can also register goods deliveries only by compliance or management accounting.
Goods delivery only by compliance accounting is required when you need to record different data in the management and compliance accounting. You can enable this option in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Company – Separate operations of purchases and sales for manag. and compl. accounting.
To record it in the Purchase of goods and services document, set the Purchase by compl. accounting transaction type.
If you need to record delivery only for management accounting, then this transaction is registered on behalf of the predefined company Management company. In the shipment document, the Purchase from supplier transaction type is the same as for delivery registration.
Besides the mentioned ones, you can register such delivery options as purchase of imported goods, alcoholic products purchase, returnable package receipt, receiving of consigned goods from consignor. You can find more information on these delivery options in the separate chapters.
Delivery registration with excess of purchase order
The actual quantity of received goods can differ from those stated in the purchase orders. In such cases, you can register the Purchase of goods and services document for the quantity that exceeds the reference for measuring goods receiving (the Purchase order document) but within the allowable variance. The excess of the invoice can be only for goods in stock.
The excess of references for goods receiving is available only for measuring goods whose storage unit has the measured value type Weight, Volume, Length, Area.
Allowable variance amount is defined according to the value specified in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products – Unit of measure – Allowable variance of measuring goods shipment and receiving. In this case, you can receive goods if actual quantity of goods exceeds the quantity under the reference, but it is within the allowable variance. The reference is considered fulfilled if the actual quantity of received goods is less than the reference within the allowable variance.
If allowable variance is not exceeded, the quantity per product item line increases in the tabular section of purchase invoice.
The following checks are performed when posting the Purchase of goods and services document:
- Goods quantity excess control by references (orders). The document is posted if the quantity stated in the purchase invoice exceeds the reference within the allowable variance. Control of variance value is not applied to the lines with "In excess of the quantity" attribute.
- Prepayment control when references are exceeded within the allowable variance.
If quantity of received goods is greater than those stated in the order, lines with "In excess of the quantity" attribute are added to the purchase invoice. If quantity of received goods is less than those stated in the order but it is within the allowable variance, lines with cancellation attribute are added to the purchase invoice.