Registering goods shipment from a warehouse using advanced warehousing
To register actual goods shipment from a warehouse, use the Warehouse and delivery – Advanced warehouse – Shipment workplace.
Goods issue note generation modes
You can select a goods issue note generation mode in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse, in the Goods issue note is generated field:
- Automatically. Goods issue notes are generated and re-generated automatically when posting shipment documents (orders, invoices). There is a simplified workplace for a warehouse supervisor Ship goods from warehouse which displays automatically generated goods issue notes in the Prepared status.
- Warehouse supervisor. Warehouse supervisor starts generation and re-generation of goods issue notes manually from the list of shipment references within the Ship goods from warehouse workplace. In the workplace, warehouse supervisors can create and generate goods issue notes according to invoices and orders beginning from preparation of goods issue note (the Goods issue note documents in the Prepared status). If orders and invoices are registered without orders, they are shown as references.
- Manager. A responsible employee starts generation and regeneration of goods issue notes. Responsible employees themselves create and prepare goods issue notes from order forms or invoices (the Create on the basis – Goods issue note button). For the lines to be shipped, set the Ship action in the order.
When creating notes, a warehouse supervisor can use a simplified workplace when working with already prepared Goods issue note documents in the Prepared status. The Warehouse and delivery – Advanced warehouse – Ship goods from warehouse workplace eliminates the possibility of creating a goods issue note.
If notes are generated by a warehouse supervisor, then there are shipment references at the top of the list and goods issue notes at the bottom of the list in the goods shipment workplace. If goods issue notes are generated by manager or automatically, then the workplace shows only a list of prepared goods issue notes.
At the top of the screen, you can see the following:
- A list of references that require goods shipment from a warehouse.
- The current state of shipment process in the State column. The value is displayed as a link.
Goods shipment operations can have the following states:
- Picking is expected. You should register a Goods issue note document and pick goods at a warehouse.
- In selection process. Goods are picked in accordance with the registered shipment reference. Goods issue note is in For picking status.
- Shipment is expected. Goods are picked in accordance with the reference and are ready for shipment. Goods issue note has For shipment status.
- Invoice registration is expected. You should register an invoice.
To estimate the state of goods shipment according to the provided reference, you can use the Select goods report. You can access the report by clicking a link of shipment state.
To get more detailed information on shipment, you can use the Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse reports – Goods assembly and shipment report. The report allows you to analyze goods assembly state (quantity of goods to pick, goods to pick, quantity of already picked goods), and goods shipment state (quantity of goods ready for shipment, quantity of shipped goods) in accordance with issued references.
Goods shipment references
Actual goods shipment form a warehouse is registered by the Goods issue note warehouse document.
The following documents can serve as references for creating the Goods issue note warehouse document.
- Orders (for example, Sales order, Order for internal goods consumption, Assembly (disassembly) order, Transfer order, etc.).
- Invoices (for example, Sale of goods and services, Internal goods consumption, Goods return to supplier, Goods assembly (disassembly), Goods transfer, Goods receiving for storage, etc.).
The order of registering invoices and goods issue notes is set in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse in the Procedure of invoice and goods issue note registration field, and determined by the operation scheme of the company.
There are the following operation schemes:
- Orders first, then notes and invoices. Goods are picked at an advanced warehouse before registering invoices. Goods issue notes are issued against orders. Goods issue notes contain all goods listed in orders, but not yet shipped. Invoices are issued based on Goods issue note documents with For shipment status. After goods are handed over to a customer, the Goods issue note changes its status to Shipped.
- Orders and invoices first, then notes. Assembly and shipment of goods at an advanced warehouse is carried out after invoices are created. A list of goods in goods issue note is filled in with goods that have invoices, but are not shipped from the warehouse yet. Completed shipments are determined by Goods issue note documents with the Shipped status. The Goods issue note document can be created by several invoices within one order.
Ways of creating goods issue notes
You can create goods issue notes by using the following methods:
- By orders and invoices. Goods issue notes are created for each order or invoice without an order. This method does not allow you to group goods issue notes by partners and transportation jobs.
- With grouping by partners and transportation jobs. One goods issue note is created for several orders or invoices registered without orders. In this case, goods issue notes are grouped by:
- Shipment date
- Transportation job if goods assembly is carried out according to the delivery procedure, i.e. only after the reference is included in the transportation job (the option Assemble goods according to the delivery procedure is selected in the warehouse card).
You can change the method of goods issue note creation in the profile of sales conditions agreement (setting Create goods issue notes).
If agreements are not used, goods issue notes are created for each order or invoice registered without an order by default.
Goods issue notes are created as follows:
- If goods shipment falls on an overdue or current date, one goods issue note is generated as of the current date. This option is available if you choose With grouping by partners and goods transportation jobs creation method for goods issue notes.
- If goods shipment is scheduled for future dates, a goods issue note is generated for each shipment date.
When creating goods issue notes for several orders:
- The New is created action is set for newly created orders.
- If goods issue notes are created for selected references and have the Prepared status, an attempt is made to combine these notes.
- The Reissued action means that either the shipment date of a goods issue note is changed (for the current date), or the goods quantity under references is changed.
If an invoice is created for several orders, all unshipped goods against all orders are transferred to the tabular section of the Goods issue note document created based on this invoice.
If the shipment reference is changed, goods issue note is changed depending on its status:
- In the Prepared status, goods issue note is reissued if the quantity of goods against the shipment reference is decreased or increased.
- In the For picking status or higher:
- If quantity against the shipment reference increased, create a new goods issue note. Do not reissue the previous note.
- If quantity against the shipment reference decreased, the goods issue note cannot be decreased.
Goods issue note
In the shipment workplace, you can create the Goods issue note document for all references in the list, or just for selected ones. To do so, click Create goods issue note.
Goods issue notes are created for the date of shipment (Shipment date field in the workplace).
There are two tabular sections in the goods issue note:
- ■ Goods by references. Shows information on references and amount according to which the shipment is made.
- ■ Shipped goods. Shows warehouse information on shipment: shipped packages and batches considered only in warehouse accounting (i.e. specified while planning the picking and by picking result), and a list of goods that are transferred to the shipping area, but are not to be shipped for some reason.
When creating a goods issue note, both tabular sections are filled in with goods that need to be shipped.
The Shipped goods tabular section can be filled in according to data of the Goods by references tabular section (button Fill in – By references), and vice versa: the Goods by references tabular section can be filled in according to data of the Shipped goods section (click Refill with shipped goods).
After goods are picked and the goods issue note is in the For shipment status, you can split it into several notes. You might need it, for example, if there is not enough space for all goods at one vehicle. To do so, click Move to other note on the Shipped goods tab.
Statuses of the Goods issue note document are used as follows:
- ■ A goods issue note is created in the Prepared status.
- ■ In the For picking status, picking of goods to ship is registered at a warehouse. The document in this status acts as a reference for picking or collection of goods at a warehouse.
- ■ In the For checking status, checking is registered at a warehouse for goods to ship. The document in this status acts as a reference for checking and packing goods gathered at a warehouse.
- ■ The For shipment status registers that goods are ready for shipment from the warehouse (wareroom). The document in this status acts as a reference for shipment of goods from the warehouse.
- ■ The Shipped status confirms and registers actual goods shipment from the warehouse.
For product items, select one of the actions in the Action field on the Shipped goods tab in the Goods issue note document:
- ■ Pick. You can pick a product item at the warehouse. This action is set automatically for all product items at the moment of good issue note creation (goods issue note in the Prepared, For picking, or For checking status).
- ■ Ship. A product item is ready for shipment from the warehouse. This action is set for product items when goods issue note changes its status to For shipment/Shipped.
- ■ Do not ship. There is no need to ship product items. You should leave these goods in the shipping area. After selecting this action, you can see a message in the header of the goods issue note showing that Product item shall be left in the shipping area. The number of product items that need to be left in the shipping area is also specified.
When posting a goods issue note (in any status), it is checked that the total quantity in the Ship and Pick lines in the Shipped goods tabular section is equal to the total quantity by lines in the Goods by references tabular section.
When posting a goods issue note in the For shipment/Shipped statuses, it is checked whether there are lines with the Ship/Do not ship action. Thus, the Ship/Do not ship action must be set for all product items because picking is finished by the time of shipment.
Navigating to picked goods check in good issue notes
You can check the quantity of picked goods before shipment.
To check goods at a non-bin location warehouse, you should change the goods issue note status to For checking. To do so, in the Ship goods from warehouse workplace, on the Ship goods from warehouse tab, select a goods issue note in the list for shipment, and then click Change selected ones – Set status "For checking".
You can proceed to goods check at a bin location warehouse only after all goods picking jobs are completed.
In the goods shipment workplace, on the Picking from storage bins tab, click Set status – for checking for goods issue notes for which the picking process is complete. Picking jobs are complete for such notes and their state is Ready for checking (shipment). The For checking status is set for all selected goods issue notes. Goods issue notes with this status are excluded from the list of goods issue notes on the Picking from storage bins tab.
If a picking job is not fully completed (not all goods are picked), you need to make one of decisions below:
- Reduce a goods issue note and ship selected goods quantity. To do so, click Reduce notes on the Picking from storage bins tab. As a result, the quantity of goods will be refilled in the goods issue note according to the selected quantity against the goods picking job. The state of this goods issue note is Ready for check (shipment).
- Generate the job to pick missing goods again according to the same goods issue note.
Checking and packing goods before shipment
The Goods issue note document in the For checking status acts as a reference for checking and packing. There is a special form Quantity correction and packaging of goods in the Goods issue note to register data on goods checking.
If you want to check goods quantity of a particular goods issue note, you can open the form by clicking the Verify and pack link in the goods issue note.
If you want to check goods quantity of several goods issue notes, you can click Change selected ones – Verify and pack in the goods issue notes list on the Shipment tab in the Ship goods from warehouse workplace.
In the checking form, you should fill in the actual quantity of picked goods by each product item (In stock field).
You can also fill in the quantity of picked goods by scanning barcodes or importing data from the data terminal (icon ).
If picked goods quantity matches those specified in the goods issue note, you can fill it in according to goods issue note data (icon ).
You can see whether picked goods quantity matches the quantity stated in the goods issue note with the help of indicators:
- – picked goods quantity matches those of the goods issue note.
- – it was picked more than it is required according to the note. In this case, specify that surplus detected during goods picking that exceeds the quantity of the goods issue note does not need to be shipped (select link). In a dialog box that appears when you click this link, the application automatically sets the quantity that does not need to be shipped. As a result, a line with a greater quantity of picked goods will be split into two lines:
- – the quantity of picked goods corresponds with the quantity by note. This is the quantity required against the note, and it is enough for shipment.
- – the quantity of picked goods is missing against the note (surplus of goods detected while picking). These goods shall be left in the shipping area because there is no need to ship them.
- – the quantity of goods to ship is less than those required against the goods issue note.
While checking the quantity, you can pack the goods and change the current packing list of goods. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Fill in the current packing list by scanning its barcode from the label. If there is no label, you can create a new packing list by clicking Create new list item and print the label (Print packing list label). The number for outgoing packing list is generated automatically. All goods scanned by the warehouse supervisor will be automatically referred to this packing list after it is set. To do so, click Change – Packing list in the selected lines.
- If all goods cannot be placed in one packing list, change the current packing list and continue scanning. To do so, click Current packing list – Change.
If goods are accounted by series, the quantity of goods is specified for each series in a separate dialog box. The Goods series registration dialog box is accessed from the Series column.
Defective goods might be found while checking. You should put these goods away and prohibit them from shipping. In this case, select the Do not ship check box, or click Do not ship button for selected goods. Then specify the goods quantity that do not need to be shipped. Such goods will be highlighted in transparent color in the checking form.
When checking and packing goods, you can change the quality of goods. To do so, split the line (icon), and specify the quantity of goods of dubious quality. You can change the quality of goods by clicking Change – Quality in current line. An additional product item is registered that is related to the goods of initial quality. For the created product item, quality levels are defined: Partially suitable or Unsuitable.
If actual quantity does not match those of the goods issue note, click Finish check. A dialog box appears where you can see information on surplus or shortages detected while goods picking at the warehouse.
Information on goods shortages (Picked quantity is not enough for shipment):
- Quantity in document. Goods quantity required against the goods issue note.
- Quantity for shipment. Quantity of goods actually picked at the warehouse for shipment to the customer.
- Quantity shortage. Quantity of goods that is short for shipment to the customer according to goods issue note.
You can also see goods items that need to be left in the shipping area (Unshipped items).
According to the checking results, a warehouse supervisor can make one of the decisions below (in case of shortage):
- Add goods according to the collection job. To do so, set the Add goods parameter, and then click Finish. The goods quantity is not changed in the goods issue note. The status of the note will be set to For picking. At a non-bin location warehouse, you should print out the collection job.
- To reduce the quantity of goods shipped to the customer in goods issue note, select the Reduce quantity in the note parameter. In this case, goods issue note is not filled in with the actual quantity of picked goods, and automatically changes its status to For shipment. You can go back to the checking form and check the quantity of picked goods again. You can reduce the quantity of picked goods at a bin location warehouse by clicking Reduce notes on the Picking from storage bins tab within the goods shipment workplace. You can do it both for one, and for several goods issue notes.
If quantity of picked goods does not match those against the note, the Adjustment by goods note document is generated automatically. The document is generated after goods issue note quantity is checked. This document registers goods to record surplus and shortage. All registered surpluses and shortages must be recorded in warehouse acts. Surpluses can be placed into storage bins on the Placement into bins tab within the Goods receiving to warehouse workplace.
If bin location warehousing is not used (storage without bins or reference-address warehousing), additional documents on recording discrepancies are not created. Goods issue note will have information on actual quantity of picked goods.
Correcting goods issue note quantity after goods are picked
Quantity of a goods issue note can be corrected after goods are picked only if its status is For shipment or Shipped.
There is a special form Quantity correction and packaging of goods in the Goods issue note to correct the goods quantity of goods issue notes.
If you want to correct a certain goods issue note, you can open the form by clicking the Correct link in the goods issue note.
In the correction mode, actual quantity of picked goods is filled in with the goods issue note quantity by default (the In stock field). You can correct the goods quantity.
To correct quantity and packaging of goods, the same form is used as for checking quantity and packaging in the goods issue note. To correct the goods issue note quantity, you can use the same features as while checking it.
Picking goods from bins with reference-address warehousing
You can see how goods are picked from the warehouse (wareroom) with reference-address warehousing in the diagram below:
The process of goods picking from the warehouse (wareroom) with reference-address warehousing consists of several steps.
Step 1. A new Goods issue note document is created. The For picking status is assigned to this document. The document in this status acts as a reference for goods picking.
Step 2. A job for picking goods from their bins against one or several selected notes is printed. To do so, click Print – Goods picking job in the list of shipment notes.
Step 3. Warehouse supervisor assembles goods in accordance with the given job. Warehouse supervisor checks and packs the picked quantity of goods. After jobs are complete, the quantity of picked goods is registered in the goods issue note, and its status is set to For shipment.
Step 4. Actual goods shipment to the customer. After the goods are shipped, the goods issue note changes its status to Shipped.
You can analyze information on goods stored in reference-address warehousing bins by using the Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse reports – Warehouse management – Goods placement into bins for reference report.
Picking goods from storage bins with bin location warehousing
When registering shipment from bin location warehouse (wareroom), goods must be assembled in the shipping area to transfer to the customer. While shipping goods to different customers, you can assign different shipping areas.
You can assign a shipping area for the goods issue note on the Shipment tab by clicking Change selected ones – Assign shipping area.
You can see how goods are shipped from the bin location warehouse (wareroom) in the diagram below:
Goods shipment from the bin location warehouse (wareroom) consists of two major steps and is registered on corresponding tabs within the shipment workplace:
- To pick/transfer goods from warehouse bins, go to the Picking from storage bins tab.
- To ship goods from a shipping area from the warehouse (wareroom) to the customer, go to the Shipment tab.
Operation of goods picking from bins can have the following statuses (the State column on the Picking from storage bins tab):
- Replenishment is required. You need to repack shipped goods to ship the necessary quantity of goods.
- Awaiting placement. There are goods that you can pick after they are placed to bins from the receiving area.
- Placement or replenishment is in progress. You should finish placement or repackaging (replenishment) of goods, i.e. finish all goods placement or replacement jobs in progress.
- To job generation. You should generate a goods picking job.
- During execution. Goods picking job is generated but not processed yet.
- Ready for check (shipment). Goods picking job is complete and has the Completed without errors status. Goods are picked from warehouse bins and are ready for checking.
- Completed with errors (shortage). Goods shortage is detected by the results of goods issue note check. The actual quantity of picked goods is less than those stated in the goods issue note.
Jobs for goods picking are generated in accordance with picking algorithm. Bin picking algorithm considers the following attributes:
- Storage bin locks. You cannot pick goods from locked bins. For example, bins that must be recounted are locked.
- Priorities for storing product items. First of all, goods are picked from the areas of the least priority because goods are stored here for the shortest periods of time.
- Picking strategies that consider bin priorities. First of all, goods are picked from the bins with the least quantity of these goods (against remaining quantity). After that, goods are selected from the bins where these goods are stored with another goods type (not in its own bin). In the end, goods are selected from the bins having only this type of goods (own bin).
- Packaging factors. Packaging with a greater factor is used first. It means that if goods are stored at a warehouse on pallets or in boxes, goods on pallets are shipped in the first place, and then missing quantity in boxes. Division on packagings is made automatically when generating jobs upon assembly of goods.
- Bin accessibility levels. Goods are picked from bins with the lowest accessibility level, i.e. from the most accessible bins for goods picking. Goods are picked only from bins of the Storage type.
- Tour procedure. Bins are sorted upwards by values specified in the Tour procedure field. For more information on tour procedure, see chapter "Warehouse bins".
- Priority set in goods issue note. First of all, goods are picked for notes with the high priority.
If goods balance is stored at a bin location warehouse, goods picking jobs can be generated automatically (the Goods picking (placement) documents). To do so, configure job generation schedule in the Bin location warehouse settings form on the Create picking jobs tab. You can open the form by clicking the Settings of bin location warehouses link in the warehouse or wareroom profile (if they are used at the warehouse). Jobs can be created with grouping by work areas, or without it. You can also set restrictions by weight or volume.
While generating picking jobs, the application controls availability of required packings and can offer to generate jobs on goods repackaging. For example, if shoes are stored on pallets at the warehouse (100 boxes) and customer needs 30 boxes to get shipped, the application offers you to generate a job on pallet unpacking. The application has a feature that allows you to plan unpacking of goods in advance according to demands of batch shipment to the customers (warehouse replenishment).
When creating picking jobs, you can set an operation mode so that repackaging jobs are created automatically if there are goods that cannot be shipped without repackaging. You can set an operation mode in the picking job settings form.
It is recommended that you set recurring replenishment to eliminate the need in repackaging when goods are picked.
When picking goods, repackaging jobs are created only if there are goods in goods issue notes that need repackaging.
There are the following options to create repackaging jobs:
- Picking jobs only. Picking jobs are created only for goods that can be shipped without repackaging. Repackaging jobs are generated separately.
- Picking jobs and repackaging jobs. Picking jobs are created for goods that cannot be shipped. A repackaging job is created for goods that can be shipped after repackaging. After repackaging job is complete, create an additional picking job for repacked goods.
- Only repackaging jobs. Repackaging jobs are created for goods that cannot be shipped against goods issue notes in full quantity and repackaging is required. After these jobs are complete (goods are repackaged), you can create picking jobs.
Follow these steps while shipping goods from the bin location warehouse (wareroom).
Step 1. Prepare a Goods issue note document by one or several shipment references stating the shipping area. The For picking status is assigned to this document.
Step 2. Prepare a job to pick goods from bin location warehouse bins (Goods picking (placement) documents) by clicking Create – Picking jobs on the Picking from storage bins tab. You can create a picking job for all or selected shipment references (Goods issue note documents). While preparing jobs, you can limit them by goods volume, weight, working areas, etc. The Prepared status is set for created picking jobs. The In progress status is set by default for goods issue notes by which there are created picking jobs. Goods being assembled receive the Being picked status.
If packagings are not enough, you can generate only picking jobs, picking and repackaging jobs, or only repackaging jobs.
Step 3. Hand picking jobs over to assignees (acceptance of job by the assignee) and print them. You can print several picking jobs from the list simultaneously. When assigning a job, you can change the assignee specified during a job preparation, or you can assign an assignee if he or she is not specified.
To hand a job over to the assignee, you can select one or several jobs, and set the In progress status for them by clicking Set status on the Picking from storage bins tab. After this status is set, the application offers you to appoint an assignee and print the picking job. It is recommended that you set a mark that the job is in progress together with printing the job to eliminate duplicates when printing.
Step 4. Execute picking jobs. A picking job is executed according to data of the printed job form.
Step 5. Record results of goods picking job completion. The result of job completion is confirmed as listed below:
- If a job is completed successfully, it has the Completed without errors status. Completion of a job means that goods are assembled and transferred from warehouse bins to a shipping area. To do so, select a picking job, and then click Set status – Completed without errors in the list of picking and replacement jobs on the Picking from storage bins tab.
- If a job is not fully completed, it has the Completed with errors status. In the document with this status, two fields appear: For picking and Picked. The For picking field shows the quantity that was planned to be picked. The Picked field shows the quantity that was actually picked. In the For picking field, you can fill in the quantity of goods planned to be picked in advance by clicking Fill in selected quantity, and then make changes for goods that were not fully picked. After posting the document with the Completed with errors status, you can lock bins with errors for picking. To do so, enter the Set storage bin locks document based on the Goods picking (placement) document.
References (Goods issue notes) under which goods are successfully picked will be automatically assigned the Ready for check (shipment) status.
Step 6. Checking and packing picked quantity before shipment (see chapter "Checking and packing goods before shipment"). All references (Goods issue notes) that require goods quantity check are assigned the For checking status. To do so, click Set status – Set status "For checking" on the Picking from storage bins tab.
If there is no need to check and pack goods, you can set the For shipment status by clicking Set status – Set status "For shipment" on the Picking from storage bins tab. After setting the For shipment status, all Goods issue notes disappear from the list of notes for shipment on the Picking from storage bins tab. Picking of goods from bins is considered to be completed, and picked goods are transferred to the shipping area.
Step 7. Shipment of goods from warehouse. After the actual shipment of goods, the Goods issue note document has the Shipped status.
You can use the mobile workplace of a warehouse worker to automatically generate, process, and execute jobs on goods picking from warehouse bins (see chapter "Mobile workplace of warehouse worker (MWP) – Picking goods on shipment").
Shipping goods that consist of cargo items
Actual shipment of goods consisting of several cargo items (parts) is registered with the Goods issue note document. Warehouse supervisor picks, recounts, and issues packagings of cargo items that are goods components separately.
At a non-bin location warehouse, in case of referenced division of goods into packagings, the tabular section of the Goods issue note document is automatically filled in with packagings of cargo items. The split of a whole quantity of goods items into packagings of cargo items is made automatically when issuing a goods issue note. When shipping goods, it is checked that picked cargo items can be assembled into the whole goods quantity.
At a bin location warehouse (when using storage bins for bin location warehousing):
- The Shipped goods tabular section is automatically filled in with packagings of cargo items when entering the Goods issue note document.
- Goods picking job entered on the basis of the goods issue note is generated to pick packagings of cargo items that compose the whole goods quantity. After the picking jobs are done, the goods issue note is refilled with packagings of cargo items according to the picking job (the Fill in by picking button in the Goods issue note document).
- While posting a goods issue note, the application analyzes whether it is possible to assemble the picked packagings of cargo items into the whole goods quantity. If excess packagings of cargo items are found, you need to set the Do not ship action for such product lines. Such packagings of cargo items will be recorded as received to the shipping area. You will need to return them to warehouse bins.
Packagings are presented as separate lines in the print form of a goods issue note. In financial documents, goods are shown without division into cargo items in the whole goods quantity.
Shipping against transportation orders
Working procedure on goods shipment with or without delivery is determined in the warehouse profile on the Advanced warehousing and structure tab.
If goods shipment is performed under transportation jobs, and goods are picked according to the delivery procedure, then the Assemble goods according to the delivery procedure option is recommended.
Advantages of goods shipment under transportation jobs:
- Picked goods can be prepared for shipment individually under transportation jobs, or loaded into the vehicle specified in the job.
- You can consider the delivery order while shipping. For example, first of all you should load goods in the vehicle that will be unloaded in the last turn.
In this case, at first goods transportation jobs are registered that determine the sequence of delivery (routes of goods delivery are generated). Then the warehouse supervisor starts picking goods.
Goods picking is performed according to the generated routes. For example, goods for route 1 are picked first, then goods for route 2, etc.
To ship goods under transportation jobs, you should meet the following conditions:
- Add references that require shipment to the customer to the Transportation job document (delivery routes must be generated) on the Route tab.
- The To load status must be set to the Transportation job document.
If all conditions are met, you can see shipment references grouped by Transportation job documents in the Ship goods from warehouse workplace.
Shipment of goods under transportation jobs consists of the following stages:
- A new Goods issue note document is created. The goods issue note is generated according to references within the transportation job. A corresponding transportation job and information on goods delivery order are filled out in the note automatically (the Delivery to and Delivery procedure fields).
- Goods are checked and prepared for shipment. After goods are checked, the For shipment status is set in the goods issue note. You can refill transportation jobs according to the quantity of actually picked goods by clicking Fill in by goods issue notes.
- Goods are loaded into the vehicle. After goods are loaded into the vehicle and sent from the warehouse, the job is assigned the Sent status. When setting the status, the application offers you to refill the job according to linked goods issue notes. In this status, it is checked whether all goods issue notes are generated against this job and whether their status is For shipment or Shipped. After posting the transportation job in the Sent status, all goods issue notes change their status to Shipped automatically.
If goods are shipped against orders/invoices, and picking of goods at the warehouse does not depend on delivery procedure, then you should choose the Goods picking procedure does not depend on delivery procedure option. In this case, delivery procedure does not affect the picking process. In this option, transportation jobs are not displayed in the warehouse supervisor workplace. Goods issue notes will be generated not considering transportation jobs individually for each shipment reference. Warehouse supervisor picks goods according to the shipment reference.
Delivery officer generates trips under route points, i.e. allocates shipment references to transportation jobs. Then trips are picked:
- In the goods issue note in the For shipment status, you should pick a transportation job according to which shipped goods are delivered (the Delivery to field). The job is selected after goods are ready to be shipped from the warehouse. While selecting a job, you can use filters:
- Transportation jobs by the same references as the note
- All jobs by recipient
- All jobs by delivery area
To assign a shipment job for several goods issue notes, click Change selected ones – Assign transportation job in the goods shipment workplace.
Within the shipment workplace, the flag is set in the Delivery field for goods issue notes that require delivery, and information on delivery is generated automatically (vehicle and transportation job numbers).
Packaging consumption forecast
While working at a bin location warehouse, it is important to have goods in packagings that are used to ship goods most often. This increases the shipment speed: you will not waste time on repackaging. The application allows you to conduct a preliminary analysis and identify packagings for a better goods storage, i.e. the most relevant packagings.
While analyzing demand for packagings, the application uses both data on shipments planned according to issued references, and data on shipments for a certain period of time registered earlier. Thus the application not only considers the current need in one or another packaging, it also helps you to create a forecast of the most needed packagings based on data on goods shipments during the previous periods.
A list of the most popular packagings is generated for each goods item at the bin location warehouse (wareroom). This list can be filled in automatically after the Calculation of packaging consumption forecast indicators scheduled job is complete. A scheduled job is generated for each warehouse (wareroom). You can also specify the most popular packagings manually.
Based on forecasted data on required popular packagings, a warehouse supervisor generates goods transfer jobs with simultaneous unpacking.
For example, if goods are most often shipped in boxes, and they are stored at a warehouse only in pallets (100 boxes), a job is created prompting you to unpack the pallets. You can also quickly unpack goods if you need to ship them to the customer, and there are no goods in the needed packagings at the warehouse.
Setting repackaging options
Possible options of repackaging goods are set in the Packing list. The Packing list is hierarchical. At the top of the list, you can see a minimum goods packaging. The next level contains data on packagings that consist of packagings from the previous level.
Shoes are stored at the warehouse in boxes (pair of shoes), and those are stored in packagings of 10 boxes (pairs of shoes). Packagings (10 pairs) are put into pallets. A pallet can contain 4 packagings (40 boxes of shoes).
If setting such structure for each next packing (packaging, pallet), you can see the number of packagings it contains. For each packaging option, you should set all parameters required while working at a bin location warehouse (wareroom): warehouse packaging group, weight, standard size, storage area, placement rules, etc.
Calculation algorithm for the optimum quantity of packaging options
When calculating required quantity of packaging options, data on shipments of goods that were specified in the shipment references, is considered (for the current and previous periods). Besides goods packaging, it is also considered whether the shipment was optimal.
25 packagings of shoes (10 pairs/each) were shipped and 15 pairs were shipped separately which makes 265 pairs of shoes in total. As shoes are stored in pallets (20 packs/each), it is better to ship 1 pallet, 6 packagings, and 5 pairs of shoes. That quantity will be considered as recommended while shipping goods from the warehouse.
At the same time, if shoes are shipped in small batches, mainly in separate boxes (pairs of shoes), demand appears to replenish the warehouse with boxes of shoes, and not with packagings.
A better division into packages is calculated for each reference individually. That means that if 100 references are shipped per 1 item, then you need to store 100 items at the warehouse. If there is a reference to ship 100 items, you should store 1 pallet.
If placement rules are not set for packagings got as a result of the optimum division, the application will try to meet the demand for smaller packagings.
You need 2 packagings of shoes with 10 pairs in each according to the optimum quantity of packagings. Placement rules are set only for boxes (pairs of shoes), not for packagings. In this case, 20 pairs of shoes (boxes) will be replenished.
Defining standard inventory of packagings for goods at a warehouse (wareroom)
The standard quantity of packagings to store at a warehouse (wareroom) can be specified manually, or calculated automatically. You can find information on standard quantity of packagings in Warehouse and delivery – Settings and catalogs – Warehouse – Packaging consumption forecasts.
You can specify the standard inventory quantity of packagings for each warehouse (wareroom) with bin location warehousing (the Use for storage of remaining products option is set).
You can set parameters of forecast indicator calculation on the Packaging consumption forecast tab in a separate dialog box Settings of bin location warehouses that appears after you click the Settings of bin location warehouses link on the navigation panel of the warehouse (wareroom) form.
If you need to calculate standard inventory of packagings needed at a warehouse (wareroom), then select the Forecast packaging consumption box.
When calculating the standard inventory of packagings automatically, the following formula is used:
Average daily consumption + Mean-square variance * Factor.
- Average daily consumption is consumption of packagings over the period specified in the settings (Analysis depth) divided by the number of days. When calculating the number of days, days are counted if there is a goods shipment registered in it.
- Mean-square variance is a mean-square variance from average daily consumption over the analyzed period.
- Factor depends on XYZ-class of packagings. You can set a factor for each class. The factor determines the probability (service level) according to which the demand for goods packagings must be fulfilled depending on demand category for packagings. Values of probability are selected from the list and can be in the interval from 50% to 99.9%:
- Probability of covering the demand for packagings with stable demand is the X class service level (factor).
- Probability of covering the demand for packagings with average stability demand is Y class service level (factor).
- Probability of covering the demand for packagings with low stability demand is Z class service level (factor).
Standard inventory is calculated for all goods packagings, but you can exclude packagings from calculations which were shipped only once. It allows you not to replenish packagings that are not in demand. To do so, use the Forecast packaging consumption with shipment probability within the day more...parameter. This parameter is calculated considering the number of days when the packaging was at the warehouse, and the number of selling days within the specified period.
Analysis depth is 15 days. Goods were stored at a warehouse within 14 days and were shipped within 10 days. The probability of goods shipment in this packaging will be (10 / 14) × 100% = 71.4%. This is more than 50%, so you need to provide the required quantity of these packagings at the warehouse. However, if goods were shipped only 5 days out of 14, then the shipment probability of such packaging is 35.7%, which is less than the specified value, and there is no need to replenish warehouse bins with this packaging. Standard inventory for such packagings will be calculated, but not used when creating jobs for bin replenishment.
Standard inventory of goods at a warehouse (wareroom) is calculated automatically by the Calculation of packaging consumption forecast indicators scheduled job. A scheduled job is created for each warehouse (wareroom). In the packaging consumption forecast settings, you can customize a schedule of forecast indicator calculation for each warehouse (wareroom). To do so, click the Customize schedule of forecast indicator calculation link in the bin location warehouse settings form.
You can see calculation results of standard inventory of packagings in the Packaging consumption forecast list.
Packagings for which the standard inventory is calculated, but the probability of their shipment during the day is less that those specified in the settings are highlighted in gray. These values will not be used for automatic replenishment of warehouse bins. You can specify the standard inventory of packagings manually (the Set manually field in the Packaging consumption forecast form).
You can set the standard inventory manually only if you do not have enough data to make a forecast (accounting has just started).
Jobs for goods transfer among bins with simultaneous unpacking are created according to data on standard demands for packagings.
Creating and executing jobs for goods transfer among bins
Operations of goods transfer among bins are registered with the Goods picking (placement) document with the Transfer operation type. This document acts as a job for goods transfer from one bin to other.
You can create goods transfer jobs to solve different tasks depending on the set rule:
- Replenishment of quick filter areas is used to provide goods with packagings required for shipment. According to this rule:
- Demand for various packagings for shipment is analyzed when creating a job.
- Jobs are created to transfer goods among bins with simultaneous unpacking.
- Transfer by rules of pegged goods placement is used to eliminate the following issues:
- Pegged goods are stored in areas for non-pegged goods. For example, non-pegged goods were placed into bins which usage is determined by selection and placement strategies. Then a responsible person made an adjustment of goods assignment and reserved these goods for certain assignments. This is how pegged goods appeared in the storage area for non-pegged goods. To solve this issue, you should transfer goods from the bins of the non-pegged storage area into the bins of the pegged storage area.
- There are non-pegged goods in the area for pegged goods. For example, pegged goods were placed into bins used for pegged goods storage. Then a responsible employee made an adjustment of goods assignment removing the reserve of pegged goods. This is how non-pegged goods appeared in the storage area for pegged goods. To solve this issue, you should transfer goods from the bins of the pegged storage area into the bins of the non-pegged storage area.
- There are goods for different assignments in the same bin in the storage area for pegged goods. For example, bins used to store pegged goods now contain pegged goods that belong to a warehouse group stating that goods for different assignments must be stored in different storage bins. In fact, goods with different assignments are stored at the same bin. In this case, you should transfer pegged goods with different assignments to the bins of pegged goods against the same assignment.
Jobs for goods transfer among bins are created automatically by scheduled jobs. You can set the rule and parameters of scheduled jobs in the Create jobs to transfer goods among bins form. To do so, click Add on the Create transfer jobs tab in the Settings of bin location warehouses form.
You can also navigate to the settings form of transfer job creation rules by clicking the Settings of bin location warehouses link in Warehouse and delivery – Bin location warehousing – Goods picking (placement).
You can create transfer jobs manually by clicking Create – Transfer job (auto) from the document list in Warehouse and delivery – Bin location warehousing Goods picking (placement). When creating a job, a Create jobs to transfer goods among bins form opens where you can change the settings of goods transfer job creation rules.
When creating transfer (replenishment) jobs, you can set how jobs must be created: with limit by weight, volume, grouping by work areas.
If you need to divide goods by work areas, you can enter information on the allowed size and volume in the work area profile.
Replenishment of quick filter areas
To provide goods with packagings required for shipment, you can create goods transfer jobs according to the established Replenishment of quick filter areas rule. When creating goods transfer jobs by this rule, the following algorithm of calculating demand for replenishment is used:
- The maximum value is calculated between the standard inventory and demand for packagings according to the current shipment references.
- Placement rules are analyzed. If there are no placement rules for a packaging, then its quantity is converted to the smaller packagings.
- The current quantity of packagings in bins and expected quantity are subtracted from the calculated quantity of required packagings.
- A number of packagings is calculated that can cover demand for packagings, and bins are determined where you can take original packagings.
- Surplus of packagings is minimized that you can get as a result of replenishment.
According to the specified settings, transfer (replenishment) jobs with simultaneous unpacking are created—Goods picking (placement) documents.
On the Goods (picking) tab, you can see packagings to unpack. On the Goods (placement) tab, you can see bins where you should put the unpacked goods.
Bins are picked according to the storage area priority, picking strategy priority, bin accessibility level, bin tour procedure, and bin address.
For example, you need to have 8 separate boxes (pairs) of goods "Women's demi-season shoes, size 36, white, width 6" at the warehouse. These goods are stored at the warehouse in packagings (10 pairs/each). You need to unpack these goods and put the boxes to separate bins.
To print a repackaging job for the warehouse worker, click Print.
Warehouse supervisor takes a packaging of goods from the specified bin, unpacks it, and transfers separate boxes (pairs of shoes) to the bins where boxes of shoes are stored.
After the repackaging job is complete, the document status is Completed without errors. Thus, there will be sufficient quantity of goods packagings at a warehouse (wareroom) needed for shipment according to the calculated standard inventory quantity of each packaging.
Repackaging can be made during shipment. For example, a warehouse was not replenished in time, or you received a large irregular goods shipment order. When creating shipment jobs, you can specify that goods must be not only shipped, but also repacked.
Repackaging jobs will be created automatically. When executing picking jobs, references of high priority are executed first. You can set the priority in the Goods issue note document form in the Priority field on the Information tab.
According to the specified settings, goods transfer jobs will be generated – Goods picking (placement) documents with the Transfer operation kind.
On the Goods (picking) tab, you can see bins from which you should pick the goods. On the Goods (placement) tab, you can see bins where you should put the picked goods.