You can generate demand fulfillment orders based on preliminarily created and confirmed production plans.
To generate orders for production of manufactured products in quantity specified in production plans, use dedicated workplace Budgeting and planning – Tools – Generation of production orders according to plan.
Specifics of the workplace for generating orders based on production plans:
- Available both for Production Management 2.1 and Production Management 2.2.
- In the workplace, you have to perform three sequential steps (filter plans, generate orders, and edit orders). To go from one step to another one, click Next.
- You can generate separate production orders for each demand warehouse and pegged demand source.
- You can specify release dates within the planned period for product items planned for production.
In the first step, define manufactured products to be included in production orders. Select products by filtering plan parameters:
- Dispatcher department – if the filter is not set, the plan data is shown by dispatcher departments.
- Assignment – the filter by assignment is available if the selected scenario allows pegged planning. If the filter is not set, the plan data is displayed by pegged objects.
You can use two approaches to generate production orders:
- By the date manufactured and semi-finished products are launched into production.
- By the date manufactured and semi-finished products are released.
The product release date and the date of product launch into production are defined in production plans but they are set differently.
The product release date is explicitly specified in production plans as a plan period for which quantity of products to be released is set. If you specify the Release period in the first step of the data processor, all manufactured products whose release date falls on the specified period will be available for generating production orders. This approach is helpful when you create orders for manufactured products whose production periods are relatively short and close to each other.
The date when manufactured products and semi-finished products are launched into production is calculated in production plans based on standard production duration while exploding products to be released. The specified Starting period determines a period of time within which production is to be started to ensure release of manufactured products specified in all production plans with the Confirmed status. For example, this approach supports the advanced production of semi-finished products. To minimize the risk of missing products, we recommend that you specify only the last period date. In this case, all the products to be launched into production before the specified date will be available for generating production orders. This approach is convenient when you create orders for release of manufactured products having a wide variation in production duration and long production periods.
When setting the filters, you can specify a company on whose behalf production orders will be generated. The specified company will be filled in automatically in generated production orders.
To refine the plan data, you can set additional filter criteria such as Products, Product segment, and other (click Arbitrary filter).
In the second step, define order content and volume. In the upper tabular section of the workplace, you can see the list of products that match the filter criteria specified in the first step. The following data is displayed for them:
- Dispatcher department – available only if the filter by a dispatcher department is not set in the first step.
- Warehouse – filled in manually if you use Production Management 2.1. If you use Production Management 2.2, the warehouse is filled in automatically from production fulfillment scheme specified for the department.
- To order – quantity of manufactured products to be ordered according to production plans.
- Release date – date by which the manufactured products are to be released.
- Order fulfillment period – standard period within which a production order can be fulfilled.
- Launch date – desirable date by which the production order is started to be fulfilled. Calculated automatically based on standard order fulfillment period.
- Planning period – period within the plan for which product release is planned.
- In plans – quantity of manufactured products planned according to the production plan.
- In orders – quantity of manufactured products for which production orders have already been registered.
In production plans, the default product release date is the last day of the period within which manufactured products are planned to be released. When creating production orders within a release period, you can specify release dates for separate production batches. That way you can distribute a production load evenly. For this purpose, use the Transfer or allocate lines form. To open it, click Transfer or allocate in the second step of the workplace for generating production orders.
Use the Transfer or allocate lines form to do the following:
- Set release of manufactured products to a particular day of the month, to the first or to the last day of the week within the plan period (on the Transfer the release date tab). Depending on production plan frequency, you can use various options to transfer release dates. Let's have a look at release date transfer options if production plan frequency is set to "Month":
- On the day of the month – the product item release date will be transferred to the date that falls on the specified day of the month. For example, if you want to transfer product release date from 04/30/2017 to 04/03/2017, specify "3".
- To the first day – the release date depends on the specified week day and will be transferred to the date that falls on the first week day of the month. For example, if manufactured products are shipped on Thursdays and you want to transfer the release date 04/30/2017 to the date that falls on the first Thursday of the month, select "Thursday". The release date will be transferred from 04/30/2017 to 04/06/2017 (the first Thursday of the month).
- To the last day – the release date depends on the specified week day and will be transferred to the date that falls on the last week day of the month.
- Allocate product release evenly to the intervals selected in the planning period – the value in the Release date column is adjusted.
- Specify a unique share from the total quantity of manufactured products released within the period for each interval selected in the planning period. The quantity value in the To order field is changed.
An example of allocating a release date and product item quantity to certain planning periods is displayed in the diagram (with production plan frequency set to "Month").
A release date can be defined as follows:
- By ten-day periods – the product release will be allocated to ten-day intervals, in other words, manufactured products will be produced every 10 days. Release dates will be set to the 11th, 21st, and 30th day of the month within the planning period.
- By weeks – the product release will be allocated to week intervals. The number of week intervals in each calendar month can vary depending on the specified day of the week. For example, if a product item is released every Friday, the release date will be transferred from 04/30/2017 to the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th days of the month.
- By number of periods – the product release will be allocated to the specified number of intervals. For example, it is necessary to allocate the release date 04/30/2017 to five intervals. The release dates will be set to the first day of each interval: to the 7th, 13th, 19th, 25th, and 30th days of the month.
To define quantity for separate production batches, use one of the following options (in the Transfer or allocate lines form, on the Allocate quantity tab):
- Proportionally – quantity of manufactured products is allocated to intervals selected in the planning period in equal proportions (shares). For example, according to a plan with the "Month" frequency, 120 product item units are planned to be produced within the planning period from 04/01/2017 to 04/30/2017. The manufactured products are released on Tuesdays in equal proportions. To specify the release period, set release date allocation method By weeks – Release on – Tuesday. As a result, the release date 04/30/2017 will be allocated to the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th days of the month. On each of the specified dates, the equal quantity of manufactured products is to be released – 30 product item units.
- By shares – quantity of manufactured products is allocated by specified shares to the selected number of equal intervals into which the planning period is split. Click Next to specify shares in the Share column.
To create production orders for products, select the Mark selected lines for order check box in the Transfer or allocate lines form. In the workplace, the check box in the To order column will be selected for the products.
You can create separate Production order documents to fulfill product demands that arose in different warehouses or for different pegged objects (click More actions – Order creation parameters). For example, if you select the Order creation parameters – Split orders by warehouses check box in the workplace, one production order will include lines of products that fulfill the demand of one warehouse.
In the lower tabular section, you can see the information on production orders prepared for registration. You can fill in the lower tabular section by dragging lines from the upper tabular section.
To generate production orders, click Create orders.
In the third step of the data processor, you will see the generated production orders.
By default, the Production order documents are generated being unposted, with the For production status. If the required fields are filled in, the document is generated being posted. In this step, you can clarify order fulfillment parameters.
If you use Production Management 2.1, the single Production order document is generated for different product demand dates. If you use Production Management 2.2, the separate Production order document is generated for each product demand date.
To go to the general list of generated production orders, click Go to the general order list.