If there are any special requirements for a supply period (for example, long delivery time), use master scheduling.
You can generate demand fulfillment orders based on preliminarily created and confirmed purchase plans in workplace Budgeting and planning – Tools – Generation of purchase orders according to plan.
You can accomplish the following tasks when generating purchase orders according to plans:
- Select purchase plans according to which it is required to generate purchase orders.
- Analyze demands according to purchase plans and specify goods quantity to be purchased from suppliers.
- Determine purchase order content and volume.
- Determine goods suppliers, terms of cooperation with them (agreement with supplier), and warehouse to be supplied.
- Fulfill demands according to purchase plans.
- Generate purchase orders by order dates, receipt dates, and warehouse.
- Analyze and clarify the information on generated purchase orders if required.
Purchase orders are generated according to previously developed and confirmed plans based on purchase plan data.
Purchase plans are used as data sources for generating purchase orders according to plans.
A purchase plan is generated for a period within which the quantity planned for purchase is detailed up to the specified plan frequency: week, ten-day period, month, quarter, or year. For example, if the purchase plan period is one year and the frequency is set to month, enter 12 monthly plans in each plan line.
You can create several plans with equal frequency for one time period. The aggregate quantity by all Purchase plans with the specified plan frequency is suggested for purchase.
You can generate purchase orders only based on purchase plans in the Confirmed status.
The main tool for generating purchase orders by plans is the Generation of purchase orders according to plan workplace.
To open this workplace, click Purchases – Purchases – Purchase orders – Create – By plan.
The process of generating purchase orders by purchase plans is displayed in the diagram.
The Generation of purchase orders according to plan workplace is a wizard where you have to perform three sequential steps. To go from one step to another one, click Next. To generate orders, click Create orders.
In the first step of the wizard, filter plans for which you want to generate purchase orders. You can set the following filter criteria:
- Scenario – specify the scenario according to which purchase plans are generated and confirmed. You can select only scenarios for which the Create by scenario – Purchase plans – Purchase orders check box is selected.
- Order period.
If the department is not specified, plans without details by department (general plans for the enterprise) are selected.
You can set additional filter criteria such as Supplier, Agreement, Receipt period, Warehouse, etc.
In the second step of the wizard, define order content and volume.
In the upper table of the second step, you can see data of plans that match the specified filter criteria. The data of plans is split in lines according to the specified parameters:
- Plan frequency (for example, if frequency is set to Week, each line contains a plan for a separate week).
- Warehouse – purchase plans for each warehouse are displayed in a separate line.
- Supplier and agreement with supplier.
Data of purchase plans with the same frequency, warehouse, and supplier is summed.
In the table columns, you can see the following information:
- Warehouse to which the purchased goods will be delivered, supplier, agreement with supplier, and price condition. You can specify all this data in the table. To do it, click Fill in.
- Supplier price for items is defined automatically if it can be determined by agreement. To fill in the price by a particular supplier price condition, click Fill in – Fill in prices by purchase terms.
- In the To order column, specify goods quantity to be ordered according to purchase plans.
- In the In plans column, the total quantity according to plans is shown for each line. You can detail data up to documents used as planned data sources.
- In the In orders column, you can see the total quantity according to previously generated orders that match the data of purchase plans displayed in this data processor line.
In the step of defining order content and volume, you can do the following:
- Select a supplier. To do this, double-click the Supplier attribute in a line, and then click Show all. The Select supplier for item form opens. In this form, you can select all suppliers registered in the infobase (on the All suppliers tab) or suppliers with registered prices which allows you to select a supplier by the most optimal delivery prices (on the Suppliers with registered prices tab). When selecting suppliers with registered prices, you can analyze delivery statistics by suppliers:
- When the supplier made the last delivery (the Last delivery column).
- How many deliveries the supplier made (the Total deliveries column).
- Select an agreement under which goods will be supplied.
- Fill in prices by a supplier price type. If prices are set in the purchase plan but there are no registered supplier prices, in the generated Purchase order, prices will be filled in from Purchase plan.
- Specify a warehouse to be supplied according to purchase plans.
- Set parameters for creating the order.
- Set receipt dates for a large number of product items (click More actions – Set receipt date).
- Plan a schedule of goods receipt from suppliers and allocate the delivery volume to receipt periods within each planning period.
To plan a receipt schedule and allocate product item quantity to certain receipt periods, use the Transfer or allocate lines form (click Transfer or allocate in the workplace for generating purchase orders).
The commands for setting or transferring receipt dates and allocating goods quantity are also available when you right-click a line in the Generation of purchase orders according to plan workplace.
Use the Transfer or allocate lines form to do the following:
- Transfer or change receipt dates for a large number of product items to be ordered from supplier within each receipt period.
- Split long receipt schedules into the smaller ones (for example, allocate deliveries with the "Month" frequency to four weeks).
- Split/allocate large delivery volume to the smaller one for certain receipt periods. That way you can generate plans for long receipt periods, which can be allocated to shorter receipt periods when generating purchase orders according to plans.
With the Transfer or allocate lines form, you can quickly plan and manage goods receipt schedule and delivery volume – the parameters according to which purchase orders are generated.
In the form, you can use various options to transfer receipt dates for a large number of product items (for example, on the Transfer the receipt date tab, click Move).
A receipt date transfer option depends on purchase plan frequency.
Let's have a look at receipt date transfer options if purchase plan frequency is set to "Month" (in the Transfer or allocate lines form):
- On the day of the month – the product item receipt date will be transferred to the date that falls on the specified day of the month. For example, if you want to transfer goods receipt date from 05/01/2016 to 05/03/2016, specify "3".
- To the first day – the receipt date depends on the specified week day and will be transferred to the date that falls on the first week day of the month. For example, if goods are received on Thursdays and you want to transfer the receipt date 04/01/2015 to the date that falls on the first Thursday of the month (the "Thursday" value is set), the receipt date will be transferred from 04/01/2015 to 05/07/2015 (the first Thursday of the month).
- To the last day – the receipt date depends on the specified week day and will be transferred to the date that falls on the last week day of the month.
Within the Transfer or allocate lines form, you can also use various options to allocate receipt dates and product item quantity (for example, on the Allocate quantity tab, click Allocate to allocate receipt dates and quantity).
An example of allocating receipt dates and product item quantity to certain receipt periods is displayed in the diagram.
To allocate the receipt date and quantity, do the following:
- Allocate the receipt date according to the number of receipt periods (the date specified in the Receipt date column in the workplace for generating orders will be allocated).
- Allocate the product item quantity to receipt periods (the product item quantity specified in the To order column in the workplace for generating orders will be allocated).
The number of receipt periods depends on purchase plan frequency.
Let's have a look at receipt date allocation if purchase plan frequency is set to "Month". The number of periods is defined by the following parameters:
- By ten-day periods – the receipt date will be allocated to the number of ten-day periods in a month. For example, purchase plan frequency is set to "Month", the receipt on 04/01/2016 is allocated to 3 ten-day periods. The receipt dates will be set to the 1st, 11th and 21st days of the month.
- By weeks – the receipt date will be allocated to the number of periods in a month. The number of periods in each month can vary depending on the specified day of the week. For example, the purchase plan frequency is set to "Month", goods are delivered on "Friday". The receipt on 04/01/2016 will be allocated to 5 periods depending on the month (to the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th day of the month).
- By number of periods – the receipt will be allocated to days in proportion to the specified number of periods. For example, the purchase plan frequency is set to "Month", the receipt on 04/01/2016 is allocated to 3 periods. The receipt dates will be set to the first day of each period (to the 1st, 11th, and 21st day of the month).
There are the following methods of allocating product item quantity to receipt periods (selected in the Transfer or allocate lines form):
- Proportionally – quantity of product item units is allocated to receipt periods in equal proportions (shares).
For example, according to a plan with the "Month" frequency, 240 product item units are planned to be purchased from supplier on 08/01/2016. According to the purchase plan, 240 goods units are to be ordered from supplier. Product items are supplied on Tuesdays in equal proportions. In accordance with the above mentioned delivery terms, set receipt date allocation method By weeks – Receipt on – Tuesday. As a result, the receipt date 08/01/2016 will be allocated to 5 goods receipt periods (on 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th day of the month). 48 goods items from the total quantity to be ordered from supplier will be allocated to each receipt period.
- By shares – quantity of product item units is allocated to receipt periods by specified shares. Using this method, you can plan and manage different delivery volume depending on period of goods receipt from supplier. Click Next to specify shares in the Share column.
When allocating goods, you can round up quantity to the specified value (the Round up to field in the Transfer or allocate lines form).
To mark product items to be ordered from supplier, select the Mark selected lines for order check box in the Transfer or allocate lines form. As a result, the product item will be marked as to be ordered from supplier in the workplace for generating purchase orders according to plan (the check box in the To order column will be selected).
If a supplier in the generated order is different from the one specified in Purchase plan, the order does not fulfill the purchase plan and quantity of this order is not considered in the In orders column. But if the plan was generated without specifying a certain supplier, any purchase order is considered to be a fulfillment of this plan.
Several purchase orders can be generated by one purchase plan.
If it is not reasonable to order goods from a supplier, cancel the order of these goods. For this purpose, click Clear the "to order" mark.
You can split orders being generated by warehouses, receipt dates, and order dates. To do this, click More actions – Order creation parameters.
Depending on the selected parameter, purchase orders will be grouped by the same receipt dates, order dates, and warehouses. When you split orders by warehouses, they are generated according to a warehouse value. When you split orders by receipt dates, they are generated according to receipt dates.
An example of generating purchase orders according to the Split orders by receipt dates parameter is displayed in the diagram.
When you combine purchase orders by warehouses, they are generated as follows:
- If the warehouse group is not allowed to be selected in orders, the Purchase order documents will be split by warehouses. A separate purchase order will be generated for each warehouse.
- If the warehouse group is allowed to be selected in orders, the purchase orders will be combined by warehouses. The one Purchase order document will be generated for the warehouse group.
In the lower part of the table, you can see prepared orders for which the check box in the To order column is selected in the upper part of the table.
When you go to the next step, purchase orders are generated. By default, the orders are generated being unposted, with the Ready for receipt status. In this step, orders can be clarified and posted.