Batch accounting usage options
In the application, you can manually select batch accounting version you want to use:
- 2.1 – corresponds to application version 2.1.3 and earlier.
- 2.2 – corresponds to application version 2.2.
You can select batch accounting 2.2 only from a certain date (month start date). Within this version, the following options are available:
- Automatic transfer from the By average cost or FIFO (weighted estimate) cost evaluation methods to FIFO (rolling valuation) and vice versa.
- Use of various goods cost evaluation methods for all companies included in Intercompany scheme.
You can configure batch accounting in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Goods accounting – Batch accounting. Usage options:
- First start of the infobase – the default option.
- Switch from previous versions – records in the Company batches and Consigned goods batches issued registers are analyzed. If there are some records, this option is enabled automatically, otherwise, it remains disabled.
- Migration to batch accounting – start data processor Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Goods accounting – Enable batch accounting. The data processor will post documents by batches.
- Disable batch accounting – available only if there are no Goods cost calculation documents with the FIFO (rolling valuation) calculation option in the infobase. Besides, the Goods cost evaluation methods register must not contain records with the FIFO (rolling valuation) evaluation method. Data of batch accounting registers will be cleared, all VAT adjusting entries will remain unchanged (the VAT of purchase ledger entries, VAT of sales ledger entries, Goods cost, and Revenue and sales cost registers).
Batches are tracked using the following registers (batch accounting 2.1):
- Company batches – goods cost is recorded according to purchase.
- Consigned goods batches issued
- Expense batches to goods cost – additional costs for goods are considered.
- Manufacturing cost batches – parameters of batches when transferring them to production are recorded (for example, a taxation option defining possible actions on including or excluding a VAT amount).
- Unfinished production batches – result of allocation to production stages.
- Release cost batches – the cost of components is defined (when releasing or assembling products).
Batch allocation specifics:
- Batches are allocated entirely for a monthly accounting period. Chronological sequence of receipt and disbursement documents is not important.
- Batches are allocated for one of companies (if goods were not handed over between companies) or for a group of companies between which handover of goods was registered.
- Avoid counter transfers because the cost will not be calculated in this case.
Controlling relevance of goods batch allocation
You can configure batch allocation relevance control in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Automatic calculations – Automatically start background job for goods batch allocation.
You can control batch allocation relevance using the Batch list report.
If the data is not relevant, the report is generated, but the message appears informing you that Batches are allocated up to a particular date and the background job on updating batch accounting starts automatically.
When generating the report for the current month, the job performs calculation until the end of the current month, in other cases – until the beginning of the current month.
After the background job is successfully completed, a message appears suggesting that you generate the report again. If you agree, the report is generated using the newly calculated data.