The Order closure wizard is designed to eliminate discrepancies between the tax invoice and the order, to close orders, including those with variance when receiving measuring goods.
To run the Order closure wizard, click Close the order on the form of Purchase order/Purchase of goods and services documents, or click Set status Closed in the list of purchase orders.
The wizard allows you to process a large number of lines simultaneously. Depending on the selected settings, the wizard can process a set of orders.
You can do the following by using the Order closure wizard:
- Correct lines with measuring goods – allows you to edit the purchase order for the allowed receiving variances of measuring goods:
- Lines whose balance is included into allowed variances are canceled.
- Goods quantity is increased in the lines for which receiving exceeded the order within allowed variances.
- Cancel unprocessed lines due to – allows you to cancel all lines by which receiving was not executed and tax invoices are not registered. In the wizard, the reason for cancellation will be automatically specified for lines canceled within the variance; for the remaining lines, you should do it manually (one for all lines).
- Adjust prices – prices by the Purchase order document will be adjusted to prices by the Purchase of goods and services document.
- Set "Closed" status (for fully processed orders or with the cancellation of unprocessed lines) – it is checked whether calculations for the full receiving of measuring goods are completed. If the required sales conditions are fulfilled, the Closed status will be set for orders. If this status cannot be set, all changes are recorded in the purchase order. Deliveries and payment against the order will be controlled if you enable the options: Receipt control while closing purchase orders and Payment control while closing purchase orders in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Purchases – Purchase orders.
Lines of measuring goods can be automatically adjusted with the help of the scheduled job. Automatic adjustment of reference lines with variances of measuring goods receiving is determined by the option that can be enabled in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products – UOM – Use automatic closing of measuring goods order lines. If the option is enabled, a background job is added which corrects the purchase order lines with variances in measuring goods.