Goods accounting in safekeeping warehouses is used when goods are stored:
- At a third-party counterparty.
- At a company for which the same infobase is used for accounting as for the company on whose behalf goods are handed over to a safekeeping warehouse.
Procedure of working with a safekeeping warehouse is similar to the procedure used for a regular warehouse.
When using goods accounting in safekeeping warehouses, you cannot generate postings by off-balance account 002 Inventory received for safekeeping.
The information on goods movement in this safekeeping warehouse is recorded in the infobase that is also used by selling/customer companies.
The particularity of this functionality is that goods are physically recorded as received at a safekeeping warehouse (with receipt documents) and shipped from the same warehouse. It means that goods are not physically transferred from a depositor to a depository – it is only a legal procedure that allows storing goods at a particular business entity.
As a safekeeping warehouse, you can assign a warehouse of any type (wholesale, retail) with the following settings:
- The Goods are transferred for safekeeping check box is selected.
- Storage conditions with a custodian company at this warehouse are defined.
Goods handed over to a safekeeping warehouse remain on the balance of the company that owns these goods.
You can configure storage conditions with a custodian company in the Fill out safekeeping conditions form (click Customize safekeeping in a warehouse profile).
Safekeeping conditions with a custodian company are displayed in the diagram.
To receive/hand over goods to a safekeeping warehouse, in the Fill out safekeeping conditions form, specify the following parameters:
- Goods are transferred for safekeeping – this parameter shows if the warehouse is used for safekeeping. If you select the check box, you can define conditions under which goods are handed over/received for safekeeping.
- Custodian company – an own company (or a third-party counterparty) that is responsible for goods storage in the warehouse. An own company is selected from the Companies list. A third-party counterparty is selected from the Counterparties list.
- Safekeeping duration – shows the period of goods storage in days or storage option "until called for".
- Goods storage conditions – additional comments entered in a free form.
For receipt and write-off documents registered within safekeeping warehouses, you can print unified forms:
- Certificate of inventory handover for storage (MH-1) – records goods receipt to a safekeeping warehouse.
- Certificate of stored inventory return (MH-3) – records goods write-off from a safekeeping warehouse.
To be able to print Certificate of inventory handover for storage (MH-1) when registering goods handover/receiving at a safekeeping warehouse, the following conditions are to be met:
- The custodian company (an own company or a third-party counterparty) specified in safekeeping conditions is not the same company that is specified in the receipt document.
- The cost is calculated for goods if they are received at the safekeeping warehouse for which the By cost value is specified in the Print prices field.
You can print unified forms for a safekeeping warehouse for a certain period in workplace Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse reports – Inventory analysis – Ledger of inventory in storage (MH-2).
To print unified forms, specify the following in the ledger of inventory:
- Goods safekeeping period – in the Period from to field.
- Custodian company – in the Custodian company field. In the list of custodian companies, you can see only own companies of the enterprise that are specified as custodian companies for safekeeping warehouses. Third-party counterparties acting as custodian companies are not available for selecting in the ledger of inventory.
Receiving of goods for safekeeping is registered by standard goods transfer documents in which goods receipt to a warehouse is recorded (for example, Purchase of goods and services).
Goods shipment from a safekeeping warehouse is also registered by standard documents in which goods consumption/write-off from a safekeeping warehouse is recorded (for example, Sales of goods and services).
Here is one of scenarios of using safekeeping warehouses:
- Receiving of goods for safekeeping is registered by the Purchase of goods and services document within a safekeeping warehouse. In safekeeping conditions, a custodian company is specified (a third-party counterparty or an own company of the enterprise). In the goods purchase document, specify a company different from the one specified in safekeeping conditions. If goods are received at an advanced warehouse, the actual receiving of goods for safekeeping is registered by the Goods receipt note document.
- The goods return to a depositor from a safekeeping warehouse is registered by the Sales of goods and services document. If goods are shipped from an advanced warehouse, the actual return of goods from a safekeeping warehouse is registered by the Goods issue note document.