Goods receiving to warehouse in case of advanced warehousing
Goods receipt references
Actual goods receiving at a warehouse is registered with the Goods receipt note documents.
The following documents can serve as references for creating the Goods receipt note warehouse document:
- Orders (or invoices registered not against the order)
- Contracts with suppliers
If goods receipt operations are registered without a contract with a supplier, click Master data and settings –Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse – Receipt registration is available to determine a document which can be a reference for goods receiving at an advanced warehouse:
- Order (goods are received from supplier according to the receipt schedule which is specified in the order, while the invoice is missing). It is recommended that you use the After order registration goods receipt option.
- Invoice (supplier document). It is recommended that you use the After goods receipt registration option. It allows you to register goods receipt operation drilled down by invoices. It simplifies work of the warehouse supervisor at the receiving warehouse.
When using contracts with suppliers, use the Receipt registration is available and Goods receipt option buttons in the contract profile on the Settlements and registration tab to determine the option of goods receiving at an advanced warehouse.
There are various options of goods receiving to the warehouse which you can specify within a contract with a supplier:
- Goods receipt is registered by each invoice (supplier documents, reference – invoice). Select the After goods receipt registration option of goods receipt note registration. A goods receipt option must be set to Split by documents. You can register the invoice by one or several orders, or within the contract (agreement) without order specification. In the workplace of receiving, you can see a certain invoice as a reference. In accordance with this invoice, the warehouse supervisor registers the Goods receipt note document and records goods receipt to the warehouse.
- Goods receipt is registered by several delivery documents (supplier documents, reference – contract). Select the After goods receipt registration option of goods receipt note registration, and the goods receipt option must be set to Grouped by contracts. The contract will be shown as a reference in the workplace of goods receipt to the warehouse. The contract is displayed in the list of references only if the Purchase of goods and services document is registered within the contract. The Goods receipt note document is filled in with all goods from the purchase invoices by which goods delivery to the warehouse is not registered yet.
- Goods receipt is registered by a certain order before registering financial documents (goods receipt by the receipt schedule, reference – order). Select the After order registration option of goods receipt note registration. A goods receipt option must be set to Split by documents. In the workplace of receiving, you can see a certain order as a reference. In accordance with this order, the warehouse supervisor registers the Goods receipt note document and records goods receipt to the warehouse.
- Goods receipt is registered by several orders before registering financial documents (goods receipt by the receipt schedule, reference – contract). Select the After order registration option of goods receipt note registration, and the goods receipt option must be set to Grouped by contracts. The contract will be shown as a reference to the warehouse supervisor in the workplace of goods receipt. The contract is displayed in the list of references only if the Purchase order documents are registered within the contract (set the Confirmed status for orders). The Goods receipt note document is filled in with all goods from the orders by which goods delivery to the warehouse is not registered yet.
- Goods can be received without document registration (permanent reference – contract). Select the By the current agreement (including without documents) delivery option. In the goods receiving workplace, contracts with suppliers are always shown as references. Warehouse supervisor can register goods receipt note on the contract basis, without any purchase documents (the order still can be registered by purchase documents). You can register a goods receipt note upon completion of goods receipt. Purchase documents (orders or invoices) can be registered later. If purchase documents are registered under the contract, then the goods receipt note is filled in with goods from orders or receipt invoices as of the date specified in the workplace of goods receiving to the warehouse.
Receiving goods by cargo items
To register actual goods receipt at a warehouse, use the Warehouse and delivery – Advanced warehouse – Receiving workplace.
There are two panes in the Goods receiving to warehouse workplace: the top (receipt references) and the bottom (goods receipt notes).
At the top of the form, you can see the following:
- A list of references that require goods delivery registration to the warehouse.
- The current state of receiving process in the State column. The value is displayed as a link.
Goods receiving operations can have the following states:
- Receiving is expected. Goods receipt notes must be registered.
- Invoice registration is expected. You should register an invoice (financial document).
- During receiving. Goods are received at the moment.
- Overdelivery. Larger quantity of goods items were received at the warehouse than it was specified in the order or invoice if it was not created by order.
To estimate the state of goods receipt to the warehouse in accordance with the issued reference, use the Carry out goods receiving report. You can run it by clicking the receipt process state link.
For more detailed analysis of the state of goods receiving to the warehouse by all references, use the Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse reports – Carry out goods receiving report.
You can filter data (references) by goods receipt state (the State field) in the header of the receipt workplace.
At the bottom of the screen, you can see a list of goods receipt notes (Goods receipt note documents) which register the actual goods receipt at the warehouse.
The following statuses are available for the Goods receipt note documents:
- To receive is set in the document automatically. Goods are ready to be received at the warehouse.
- In progress means that goods are received by the warehouse supervisor at the moment.
- Accepted means that goods are received at the warehouse. Completed references for goods receipt disappear from the list of references if goods quantity specified in the reference equals the actually received quantity.
Goods receiving by cargo items is determined by Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Warehouse – Packing lists.
Packing lists are registered in the Warehouse and delivery – Advanced warehouse – Packing lists list. The incoming number, barcode, and components of the packing list are specified as packing list data. The document can be filled in either manually, or automatically (uploading from Excel). You can fill in information on product series when you create a new packing list, or when you create a goods receipt note.
When you receive goods by cargo items, you can see a list of cargo items in tabular section of the goods receipt note. Cargo item can be a packaging of goods of the same type, a packing list including other packagings of goods, or other packing lists.
There are two scenarios for receiving goods by cargo items.
The scenario is used if the supplier sent information on packing lists numbers (barcodes) and their components in electronic form in advance. In this case, the warehouse supervisor scans packing list barcodes (or enters them manually), and conducts a random check, if necessary, while creating a goods receipt note. Components of scanned packing lists are recognized automatically.
If a barcode of the packing list or goods is not defined during the scanning process, you can view data in the goods receipt note.
The scenario is used if information on packing list components is not preloaded. You can first receive goods by quantity and numbers (barcodes) of packing lists, then post the note in the To receive status, and then scan the goods included in the packing lists and fill in goods components.
You can receive goods by cargo items with or without opening packing lists.
If you use nested packing lists, you can open a nested goods list by clicking Unpack.
To view the nested packing list components, double-click . To go back to the top level (packing lists), click Level up located above the tabular section.
Information about the quantity of actually received goods is filled in the Quantity field. Goods quantity in the document is not filled in by default. A warehouse operator recounts the goods upon receipt and puts down the actual quantity in the tabular section of the document. The quantity is recounted for each cargo item.
You can specify the quantity of goods packagings by entering weight or volume. The quantity of packagings will be recalculated if these characteristics change. You will be able to specify weight/volume if weight or volume characteristics of the item or packaging are filled in correctly.
If the actual goods quantity revealed during recount equals the quantity of goods by the reference, then you can fill in the quantity of goods items in accordance with the delivery reference by clicking Fill in.
The following filling methods are available:
- Only quantity. Information about goods quantity that is not received under the reference document is filled in. A packaging with the lowest factor determined for the goods will be set as a goods packaging.
- Only products. Fill in a list of goods for which actual goods receipt to the warehouse is not registered in accordance with the reference document.
- Products and quantity. A list of not yet received goods is filled in. Their quantity and packaging is also specified.
If goods delivered by several cargo items are received at the warehouse, then packagings of goods will be automatically filled out in the tabular section of the Goods receipt note document.
For example, the Mirror cabinet is delivered as packagings of cargo items:
- Casing of cabinet – 1 packaging
- Cabinet front – 1 packaging
- Cabinet fittings – 2 packagings
When posting a goods issue note, it is checked whether packaging components of cargo items match the entire goods quantity. That is, whether it is possible to assemble the entire quantity of goods from the specified packagings of cargo items. This control helps excluding "extra" cargo items at the warehouse.
At any stage of goods receiving by cargo items, you can run a goods issue note check which allows you to recount goods once again.
Specifying additional information on received goods
While receiving goods under goods receipt note, the warehouse supervisor can use other additional information on goods. To view this information, click the Show additional information panel link.
As additional information on the goods item, you can see an image of the product, its dimensional characteristics (volume, weight), a list of used packagings and barcodes, and a warehouse group the product belongs to.
If there is no image, you can open the product profile, and add a new image for the received goods by clicking Edit.
Also, while receiving goods under the goods receipt note, the warehouse supervisor can create new packagings and assign them to received goods in the tabular section of the goods receipt note by clicking Create and Select.
You can quickly register barcodes by clicking Create, and print labels by clicking Print labels.
You can hide the additional information panel of product items by clicking Hide additional information panel.
Checking goods receipt note
After all goods and packing lists are scanned and their quantity is specified, you can start checking goods by quantity. To do so, click Verify above the tabular section of the goods receipt note. A new form opens. In the Goods quantity check in goods receipt note form, you can enter the quantity again (manually).
When you receive goods by cargo items, the check is performed by cargo items. If the cargo item is a packing list that consists of packagings of the same type of goods, or of other packing lists, then the checking form for each item allows you to choose whether to accept this cargo item without checking (the Accept everything without check button fills in the list of goods by document), or open the packing list (the icon) and check its contents.
When checking the quantity, you can change the goods quality. To do so, click Change quality.
If there are discrepancies with the previously entered quantity, you should decide whether to transfer these discrepancies to the document. To do so, click Add all to document.
Receiving goods of substandard quality
If defective goods are found during goods recording as received to the warehouse, you can record them with a changed quality by clicking Change quality in the Goods receipt note document. It allows you to register goods with quality other than standard. The standard quality is determined by the New value in the application.
If goods item of original quality is not compared to another goods item, then you can register a new product item with a different quality. To do so, click Create in the Select goods of other quality form. Suitable to a limited extent or Unsuitable. After picking to the document and posting, the newly entered position of another quality will be compared to the product item of original quality.
If there are product items compared by quality, you can pick a related product item of a different quality in the Select goods of other quality form.
To record the receipt of a part of the defective goods, split the line with such goods into two lines by clicking Split line. Then change the goods quality in one of them by clicking Change quality.
Receiving goods that consist of cargo items
Receiving of goods that consist of several cargo items (parts) is registered with the Goods receipt note document. Warehouse supervisor receives and recounts packagings of cargo items that are goods components individually.
At a non-bin location warehouse, in case of reference-address division of goods into packagings, the tabular section of the Goods receipt note document is automatically filled in with packagings of cargo items. The split of a whole quantity of goods items into packagings of cargo items is performed automatically when creating a goods receipt note. You can post the goods receipt note only if the whole goods quantity can be made from received cargo items.
At a bin location warehouse (when using storage bins for bin location warehousing):
- ■ When entering the Goods receipt note document to the Goods tabular section, packagings of cargo items are filled in automatically.
- ■ Goods picking job entered on the basis of the goods issue note is generated to pick packagings of cargo items that compose the whole goods quantity. After the picking jobs are done, the goods issue note is refilled with packagings of cargo items according to the picking job (the Fill in by picking button in the Goods issue note document).
- ■ While posting a goods issue note, the application analyzes whether it is possible to assemble the picked packagings of cargo items into the whole goods quantity. If excess packagings of cargo items are found, you need to set the Do not ship action for such product lines. Such packagings of cargo items will be recorded as received to the shipping area. You will need to return them to warehouse bins.
Goods packagings are recorded as separate lines in the printed form of the goods receipt note. In financial documents, goods are shown without division into cargo items in the whole goods quantity. When analyzing warehouse balance, goods are accounted in units of measure.
Placing goods at a warehouse with reference-address storage
You can see the process of placing goods to a reference-address storage warehouse in the diagram:
A warehouse scenario for reference-address storage of goods in bins consists of the following steps:
- Prepare a new Goods receipt note document in the To receive status.
- Check goods being received and record its actual quantity in the goods receipt note. The Goods receipt note document is posted with the Accepted status. The document in this status acts as a reference for product item placement into bins.
- Goods placement in bins. Order of goods placement into bins at a reference-address storage warehouse depends on whether the received goods are new, or they have a predefined bin to be stored in:
- If goods arrive to the warehouse for the first time, warehouse supervisor creates a Placement of products in bins (for reference) form on the basis of the Goods receipt note document in the Accepted status by clicking Create on the basis – Placement of products in bins (for reference). You can create a job for goods placement from the receipt notes list, or from the goods receipt note form. You can specify one main bin for the goods item where the new goods item will be placed in (the Main storage bin field). At the same time, you can specify several additional bins for one goods item (the Additional bin field). This information is used when printing goods placement jobs. If work areas are determined for storage bins, a list of storage bins will be divided by work areas.
- If goods are already received to a warehouse and storage bins for reference-address storage are defined for them, a warehouse supervisor prints Goods placement job by clicking Print, and places the goods according to specified storage bins.
You can print jobs by using the following methods:
- From the Placement of products in bins (for reference) form.
- From the form of the specific Goods receipt note document.
- From the list of goods receipt notes in the workplace of goods receipt to a warehouse. Placement jobs will be generated by all selected Goods receipt note documents.
Main and additional storage bins for goods will be displayed in a printed goods placement job. Lines will be grouped by work areas and arranged according to the tour procedure of storage bins.
Goods are placed to storage bins according to the job.
Goods placement in bin location warehouse
The process of goods receiving to a warehouse with bin location warehousing consists of two stages which are registered on corresponding tabs in the receiving workplace:
- Goods receiving to a receiving area – on the Receiving tab.
- Goods placement from a receiving area to storage bins of bin location warehousing according to a placement job – on the Placement into storage bins tab.
If bin location warehousing is used, specify Receiving area in the Goods receiving to warehouse workplace. This is a temporary storage area in the bins before goods are allocated to storage bins of bin location warehousing.
You can see how goods are received to a bin location warehouse in the diagram below:
The operation scenario at a bin location warehouse consists of several steps.
Step 1. Create a new Goods receipt note document with the To receive status. In the document, specify a receiving area for the goods to receive, and goods packagings.
Step 2. After goods are received to a receiving area, their quantity and quality are checked, and the Accepted status is set for the Goods receipt note document.
Step 3. Prepare goods placement jobs from receiving area to storage bins (the Goods picking (placement) document with the Prepared status). To create a job, click Create placement job on the Placement into bins tab. On this tab, you can see an overall list of goods in a receiving area.
You can create jobs for different assignees grouped by work areas. You can also limit a number of goods in a placement job by their weight and/or volume.
If you use the group by work areas option, goods placement jobs are created for work areas automatically. When creating jobs, you can specify a specific workplace by which a goods placement job is generated.
Job creating algorithm works as follows:
- At first, the application automatically selects storage bins in which goods should be placed according to the predefined goods placement rules.
- After that, only storage bins belonging to a specified work area (corresponding storage area in which storage bins are located) are selected from the list.
If jobs are generated without grouping by work areas, storage bins in the goods placement job are selected according to the predefined placement rules.
Step 4. Hand a job over to an assignee (job is accepted for execution). To hand a job over to an assignee, you can select one or several jobs, and then set the In progress status for them by clicking Set status in the Placement jobs list form. It is recommended that you set a mark that the job is in progress together with printing the job to eliminate duplicates when printing. This status shows that a warehouse worker executes the job. You can select an assignee when generating placement jobs. You can also print a job for a warehouse worker directly from a job form by clicking Print – Warehouse worker job.
Step 5. Execute a goods placement job. The job is executed according to the print form of the goods placement job.
Step 6. Record results of goods placement job completion. In the goods placement job, a warehouse worker specifies a number of goods placed to a storage bin.
If the placement job is completed successfully, set the Completed without errors status. For that, select a required job in the list on the Placement into storage bins tab, and then click Set status – Completed without errors.
If the job is not fully completed, set the Completed with errors status for it. For example, goods cannot be placed to a planned storage bin as there is not enough space for goods, or a storage bin is inappropriate for storage, etc.). In this case, a job is marked as actually completed. You should create new placement jobs for unplaced goods (warehouse worker returns unplaced goods to receiving area). If you set the Completed with errors status, two fields appear in the document: For placement and Placed. The number of goods initially planned for placement will be specified in the For placement field. In the Placed field, specify a number of goods that were actually placed into storage bins. You can fill in the Placed column with goods planned for placement by clicking Fill in the placed quantity, then adjust the quantity, and specify the quantity of actually placed goods.
If received goods consist of several cargo items, a job is generated to place cargo items into storage bins. Cargo items are specified in the tabular section of a placement job.
You can automatically create, generate, accept for execution, and execute jobs of goods placement to warehouse bins by using Mobile workplace of warehouse worker (see chapters "Mobile workplace of warehouse worker (MWP) – Placing goods according to placement job").
Receiving previously shipped, but not received by a recipient goods
You can register previously shipped goods that were not received by a recipient (customer, other warehouse, etc.) with the Goods receipt note document with the Return of goods not received by the recipient operation type. To register receiving of such goods, click Create– Return of goods not received by the recipient in the Goods receiving to warehouse workplace.
The scenario of recording goods not received by a recipient consists of the following steps:
- Generate the Goods receipt note document with the Return of goods not received by the recipient operation type. Select a shipment document in the goods receipt note by which goods not received by a recipient will be returned. To do so, click Add from shipment documents. As a shipment document, you can select sales orders, transfer orders, and other documents acting as a shipment reference.
- The quantity of shipped goods not received by a recipient is filled in according to data of selected shipment document (click Fill in – Quantity against shipment). Quantity is filled in according to actual shipment of goods.