The application allows you to track all stages of sales person's work with customers: from registration of a new customer and their initial interest to goods shipment. A sales person constantly tracks the current state of relationship with customers and classifies customers by their attractiveness and stability of cooperation with them.
The previous chapter describes sales regulation by using transactions with customers. This chapter is about data interchange of sales. You can create all documents mentioned in this chapter within customer transactions or without any transactions.
Data interchange of sales during registration of wholesale operations can be presented as a diagram.
The application allows you to arrange different options of data interchange of sales depending on the company demands. Diversity of data interchange of sales is represented by quotation functionality.
For example, if a customer makes new demands when receiving different options and in case of long-term sales, you can use quotations. Once a bidding is over, a sales order is created based on the quotation.
If customers are familiar with the price list and can generate demand, for example, according to the available warehouse stock, you can use purchase orders only. Order functionality is optional. You can register sales documents without pre-order (for example, credit shipment on long-term contracts).
To access generated sales documents, click Sales – Wholesale – Sales documents (all).
In the workplace, you can also register purchase invoices and tax invoices based on issued references. To do so, click Purchase invoices or Issued tax invoices.
The Quotation document provides a formal offer to a customer to make a deal where all required terms are specified. With this document, you can register preliminary interaction with customers and evaluate its effectiveness. To be able to use quotations, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Quotations.
In the quotation, a sales person fills in information about goods to offer to a customer in a text format. When entering a commercial agreement based on the transaction, information about customer demand (text description) is filled in according to the primary demand registered in the transaction.
The sales person chooses goods to offer to a customer according to the primary demand.
Prices, payment terms, and delivery terms of the quotation are provided by a standard or individual agreement by which the quotation to a customer is generated (the Main tab). Standard agreement is available for registration of quotations if a customer belongs to the segments (dealers, major wholesalers, one-time customers, etc.) for which the standard agreement is valid.
Using quotations, you can use several iterations when interacting with a customer. If the proposed option does not fit a customer, enter a new adjusted document based on the option. If you need to learn all stages of work with customers, you can use the subordination structure.
On each sales stage, you can carry out comparative analysis of the quotation and offers of competitors that are already registered in the application. It allows you to prove customer appeal of your quotation.
If there is information about relationship of a customer with competitors of the company, you can focus on the prices and sales terms of these competitors. On a certain sales stage, the customer decides what goods he or she really wants to purchase. In this case, selected goods are marked as active in the quotation (check boxes are selected).
To analyze competitor prices with those of suppliers, you can use the Analysis of prices report. On the navigation panel of the document, click Reports. Prices of competitors and suppliers must be entered beforehand with the Supplier price registration document.
During the quotation approval, you can make concessions to the customer (for example, you can provide an additional discount or lower the price). This requires the constant control of registered sale profitability. Use the Sales profitability assessment report for these purposes.
When the quotation is approved with the customer, the Active status is set for it. When the quotation becomes active, it is checked whether agreement terms are met. If there are variances from sales terms specified in the agreement, you should assign the Variances from sales terms rights to users, or use approval feature.
To use quotation approval, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Quotation approval. The approval procedure is run by the quotation author. After the document approval is successfully completed, its status is changed to Active.
You can create the Sales order document based on the current quotation. Only goods marked as active are transferred into the purchase order. If the customer rejects the quotation, it is marked as canceled (the Canceled status).
The Sales order document is designed to register an agreement with the customer on supply of specific products and specify the procedures and terms of payment. To access sales orders, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Wholesale – Sales orders.
In this section, you can also determine the way of sales order keeping. You can use the following options:
- Order as a proforma invoice. Orders are used only to print proforma invoices. Goods are not reserved, the order fulfillment is not controlled.
- Order from warehouse. You can register the order only for goods available at the warehouse. Goods are reserved at the warehouse according to available stock. The state of payment is checked when registering shipment by prepayment. You can control the sales order fulfillment (do not close the order in case of partial shipment and/or customer payment).
- Order from warehouse and against order. In contrast to the previous option, you can register an order for goods missing at the warehouse.
You can manage order fulfillment using statuses and states. The state of the order is set automatically and shows its current condition.
There are the following order states:
- Approval is expected. Order approval is required.
- Advance is expected (before supply). According to the terms of agreement, it is necessary to receive a prepayment (advance payment) to start the supply process. Set the Do not supply action in the order lines.
- Ready for supply. The advance payment is received before the supply or is not required by the terms of agreement. The Do not supply option can be changed to For supply, Reserve, etc.
- Supply is expected. Goods for shipment are ordered but are not received. Supply state is checked for goods that are supplied on pegging basis or allocated to orders (the Reserve to a date action is set).
- Prepayment is expected (before shipment). According to the terms of agreement, it is required to pay for goods before shipment.
- Ready for shipment. The prepayment before shipment is received. Select Ship or Ship on pegging basis in all lines of the order.
- Shipment in progress. The prepayment is received. The Ship or Ship on pegging basis action is selected in all lines of the order, but a goods receipt note or a purchase invoice are registered not for the whole order.
- Ready for closure. All goods are shipped, the order can be closed.
- Closed. The order is completely processed and have the Closed status.
According to this information, the sales person fills in data on actions to execute which means that the order can be processed further (supply, reservation, shipment, etc.).
To analyze state of settlements against the order, use the Card of settlements with customers and Customer debts context reports. You can check the current order state from the context report of the same name.
If the Order from warehouse and against the order operation mode is set, the order will be reviewed. When reviewing operation stages against the order, consider features of order usage in simplified operations.
Order processing can be divided into the following steps:
- Order preparation
- Approve an order
- Issue proforma invoices to customers
- Reserve and supply goods against the order
- Supply state control
- Prepare for goods shipment
- Close the order
If a quotation is approved before the sales order, then the order can be created on the basis of the quotation. In this case, a large part of information required to register the order will be transferred into it.
You can also create an order on the basis of transaction or job to sales representative. An order can also be registered by customers in self-service mode.
If you register an order manually, follow the filling procedure. In the document, fill in information about a customer and a business entity (counterparty) on whose behalf the customer operates. It is required if a customer is a company that can operate on behalf of several business entities. If the application does not keep independent accounting of partners and counterparties, fill in information about a customer only. Information about a counterparty who matches the customer is filled in automatically and is not available to the user.
Sales rules will be filled in automatically according to the agreement (standard or individual) which is valid for the specified customer. If the Do not use option is set for agreement usage, do not specify the agreement. Keeping records by contracts is available in the order if contracts are enabled. If you use agreements along with contracts, than the contract will be shown in the document only when it is required to specify the contract according to the agreement terms.
When filling in the sales rules, consider a calculation method—By contracts, By orders, By invoices—which will be used when registering an order. If you need to track payment of a certain order or issue proforma invoices by payment stages, set the By orders option for mutual settlements. When keeping records By contracts, the total debt amount is recorded by the order. When keeping records By invoices, it is recorded by each invoice registered against the order.
Order currency is determined by the currency of mutual settlements specified in the selected agreement (contract). Mutual settlements against the order are kept in the currency specified in the order. You can register shipment documents against the order in any currency including those different from the mutual settlements currency.
Information about the applied taxation system is filled in according to the rules specified in the agreement (according to the agreement parameters or company taxation system specified in the document). You can specify information about the applied taxation system on the Additional information tab.
Data on warehouse (wareroom) from which goods are shipped can be specified in the order if it is not done before. You can also specify groups of warehouses in the order where goods are reserved and from which the goods are shipped to a customer. You can group warehouses by territorial structure. The registration procedure of goods shipment from several warehouses is determined for each warehouse group. For example, if the Allow in orders and notes option is set, you can specify the warehouse information in the tabular section of the order and sales document. For more information about registration of goods shipment from several warehouses, see chapter "Sales of goods and services" (chapter "Goods shipment from several warehouses").
You can specify the delivery address selecting it from the list or enter it manually. Click Print attributes to specify information about the delivery address. A separate dialog box appears.
The application enables automatic delivery procedure: delivery jobs are generated automatically according to delivery areas considering transportation capacity. If the Delivery management is enabled (Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery), specify delivery addresses according to the delivery areas (see chapter "Goods delivery").
When registering a new order, the sales person can specify required shipment date by which the customer wants to receive the goods. The required shipment date is filled in automatically if delivery time is specified in the agreement with the customer.
For every product you can specify specific delivery time, for example, express delivery at a higher price. Information on delivery time is specified in the agreement with the customer. Specific delivery time is recorded in the tabular section of the order.
Delivery time and shipment date are considered when calculating the real shipment date by which a company can ship the goods to a customer.
In the order, you can specify the customer request to receive the entire order by the same date. To do so, select the Ship in one day check box, and specify the shipment date by which the customer wants to receive the goods against the order. This date can de calculated automatically based on information on goods supply against the order.
A sales person specifies the list of goods, services, works, and packages in the tabular section of the document on the Goods tab. When filling in the tabular section, specify precise data about goods and their characteristics.
To select goods to the tabular section, click Fill in – Select goods.
You can use different selection options when selecting goods. You can select goods by using additional attributes and properties. In the product kind profile, click Filter by properties to determine a list of properties to filter by.
For every product, you can see information about available and planned warehouse (or warehouse group) balance.
When selecting goods to the document, you can select a line with planned delivery date. When transferring such item to a document, the shipment date will be automatically set to the planned receipt date and the Reserve to a date supply option will be selected.
If you keep records for a product by characteristics, you can see balance and prices by specific goods characteristics. Such goods are marked by the icon in the list.
In the selection dialog box, you can set an additional filter by arbitrary search words.
You can also search goods by exact match to the specified attributes. For example, you can find required product by the specified product ID.
When operating in the selection mode, you can also select goods which are sold together with the current product.
Information on prices is filled in automatically according to the price terms specified in the agreement. VAT rate is filled in according to the taxation system by which the sales are registered in the sales order.
Payment terms in the order are filled in automatically according to the payment schedule (or payment stages if the payment schedule is not used) which is specified in the agreement.
Click For payment to enter information on the payment stages. A separate dialog box appears.
If you use agreements, then you can automatically fill in payment stages. In the payment rules, click Fill in by schedule or Fill in by agreement if the payment schedule is not used.
Each stage can be of one of three types: Advance payment (before supply), Prepayment (before shipment), Credit (after shipment). The stages mean the following:
- Advance payment (before supply). This stage means that the company does not assume order fulfillment liabilities until the payment is received from the customer. Such order is disabled for procurement department. The procurement department can fulfill the demand only after the payment is received from the customer. In other words, the order is not a reference for supply before the payment is received.
- Prepayment (before shipment). At this stage, a prepayment is required from the customer. But in spite of the Advance payment (before supply) stage, the order is a reference for supply and must be registered by the procurement department. Goods shipment is prohibited: the order cannot be shipped until payment is received from the customer.
- Credit (after shipment) This stage means that the shipment date is earlier than the payment date. At this stage, a customer can pay the order after the goods are received.
When specifying payment terms against the order, you can combine these stage kinds. For example, you can specify all three stages:
- Advance payment (before supply) = 10%, 06/10
- Prepayment (before shipment) = 40%, 06/20
- Credit (before shipment) = 50%, 06/30
It means that a customer must pay 10% of the order before June, 10th to prove their intention to purchase goods. If the payment is received, then the logistics service can start processing such order. The For supply action can be set for order lines. However the order cannot be shipped even if the order is fulfilled beforehand. The goods can be shipped only after an additional payment in the amount of 40% of the order is received from the customer. Only after the payment is received, in the order lines, you can set the Ship action. After the shipment, the customer must pay the rest in the amount of 50% of the order.
If a sales person does not fill in data on payment stages and payment schedule is not specified, then information on the Credit (after shipment) stage will be filled in when registering the document.
In the payment terms, you can specify a payment method: any, cash, electronic, payment card. Payment method, current account and cash account are required to plan cash inflow against sales orders. Actual payment can be made in any form regardless of cash inflow kind.
Specifying payment dates for each stage allows you to control whether there is an overdue debt of the customer payment and its amount. This data is used to analyze planned receipts from a customer in the payment calendar.
The debt is controlled automatically according to the parameters specified in the contract and according to the rules specified in prohibited shipment lists.
The priority system simplified order processing by sales people and can be used in each company in a different way. Orders with high and low priority are highlighted in the list. You can also filter or select orders in the list according to the specified priority.
Discounts are calculated automatically after information on ordered goods and schedules (payment stages) is filled in because the discount can be assigned according to the total amount of the transaction or its payment schedule. A list of automatic discounts (markups) is generated according to the agreement specified in the sales order. The discounts (markups) applied during goods shipment from a specific warehouse are registered as well.
You can see the list of automatic discounts (markups) that can be entered manually by a user in a separate dialog box by clicking Prices and discounts – Assign automatic discounts (markups).
You can assign manual discounts in the sales order. Manual discounts can be specified in the document for a specific product item (rate or amount). To assign manual discounts for the entire document, click Prices and discounts – Assign manual discounts.
You can also grant a discount to a customer by the loyalty card. To do so, click Read loyalty card. You can issue the loyalty card while registering the document.
You can see the general information about granted discounts in the Applied discounts report. You can run it on the navigation panel of the order form.
Using this report, a sales person can analyze the discounts to apply and suggest the customer to fulfill the conditions granting the discount.
When posting the document with applied discounts, the prices are automatically controlled considering the discount. The document cannot be posted if the resulting prices are not in the range of maximum and minimum selling prices. The prices are checked only if the user registering the document does not have a right of variance from the sales terms. If the user has the right to vary from the sales terms, the prices are not checked.
While registering an order, a sales person can preliminary evaluate the sales profitability using the Sales profitability assessment report.
Sales profitability analysis can be performed based on the calculated cost or according to the standard price type specified in the settings. Profitability calculation settings are set in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale.
Using this report, you can get the following information:
- Sales profitability value
- Sales markup coefficient
- Sales marginal profit
- Less/more profitable goods
- Change of sales person's sales profitability for the current month including current sales
Based on this report, a sales person can make a decision on changing the amount of provided automatic and manual discounts, on changing the products and quantity of goods in the sales document. The sales person trades with the customer according to discounts and previous experience in sales of more profitable goods.
Using the setting in the What-If Analysis indicator group, the sales person can create different cases and evaluate order profitability on changing the sales price, providing discount, or changing the goods price (purchases for higher/lower prices).
After the order is adjusted, decide whether it must be approved by the management. To analyze this case, you can use the Variances from sales terms report. If there are variances from the sales terms and additional approval is required, the order is posted with the For approval status.
The order with such status is not shown in mutual settlements. In the list of orders, you can see the Approval is expected state for such order.
The For approval status means that the company does not assume order fulfillment and shipment liabilities and the customer does not assume liability for order payment. If the approval is not required, the order is posted with the For execution status.
The sales order dated April 16, 2017 is created under the "Wholesales (prepayment)" standard agreement. However, the customer is ready to purchase a product by paying 50% as advance payment and having a 5% discount. The order has the On approval status.
Once variance from price and logistic terms is approved by responsible persons and the order is approved by commercial conditions approver, the order changes its status to For execution.
Issuing proforma invoices to customers
To operate with proforma invoices issued to a customer for payment, you can use the simplified operation mode where a proforma invoice is a print form of a sales order. You can keep records of issued proforma invoices by saving their data.
To choose proforma invoice operation mode, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Proforma invoices .
- If the functional option is not set, the proforma invoice is represented as a print form generated from the order by clicking Print – Proforma invoice. Such proforma invoice is printed with details to products specified in the order. The proforma invoice is printed for the whole amount of the order excluding payment stages.
- If the Proforma invoices functional option is enabled, you can use a separate Proforma invoice document to register issued proforma invoices. In this case, you can print the proforma invoice from the sales order.
The Proforma invoice document for issuing the proforma invoices under sales orders allows you to do the following:
- Automatically arrange issued proforma invoices in chronological order.
- View proforma invoices issued against orders.
- Generate proforma invoices by every payment stage against the order.
- Keep records of canceled proforma invoices. You can cancel a proforma invoice, for example, if it is not paid by a customer during a specified period of time.
The Proforma invoice document can be generated by entering it on a basis of a sales order. Proforma invoices can be generated against orders with the For execution status only. When creating a proforma invoice, the Create proforma invoices wizard is used.
If the proforma invoice is issued for the whole amount of the order, the list of goods is printed in the document. If the proforma invoice is issued for a part of the order amount, a predefined line is printed in the document, for example: "Payment by sales order No. 264" You can edit this text in the proforma invoice in the Payment purpose field.
In this case, the VAT amount is automatically recalculated according to the amount of the payment stage. If different VAT rates are specified for goods in the order, then VAT amounts on every rate will be specified separately.
When registering payment against the proforma invoice, specify the order by which the proforma invoice is issued. After the proforma invoice is paid, information on order payment is registered.
For settlements in rubles, you can print a payment order sample. If the company/counterparty account is opened abroad or it is a foreign currency account, bank details are displayed in the print form of the Proforma invoice document instead of payment order sample.
In the order list, you can select unpaid orders to be paid according to the payment stages (All payment pending).
You can see payment status of the order by using reports on mutual settlements with customers, or in the sales order.
Reserving and supplying goods
After the order is approved and payment is registered, you should define the way of supplying the goods ordered by the customer. For each product, you can select a supply option. You can use automatic population according to the available warehouse balance and planned goods receipt.
This chapter covers the following topics:
- Possible goods supply options
- Automatic population of supply options
- Manual selection of supply options
- Pegged order fulfillment
- Supply state control
Possible supply options
All supply options can be applied when the For execution status is set in the order.
You can use the following supply options:
Reserve at warehouse. A product is reserved from available warehouse balance. The available warehouse balance is calculated as of the current date. All previously reserved goods against other sales orders are counted during calculation.
Sales order dated April 01, 2017 is registered for goods available at the warehouse. Payment schedule does not include the Advance payment (before supply). Only Prepayment (before shipment) is provided. When registering a sales order, you can select the Reserve at warehouse supply option, and the Ship option after the payment is received. To ship goods from an advanced warehouse, click Warehouse – Shipment.
Reserve upon receipt (Reserve by a date). A product is allocated to the previously registered purchase orders. When allocating, you can use only those purchase orders that have the Confirmed or To receive status and the defined delivery date. Allocation is carried out according to the goods movement schedule. Goods are allocated according to the required shipment or delivery dates. There are no strict restrictions.
There is Sales order dated June 01, 2017 with required shipment date June 10 for 100 pieces of goods and Purchase order dated June 06, 2017 with the Confirmed status against which it is planned to receive 180 pieces of goods on June 09. Necessary terms for goods reservation under the sales order on June 06, 2017 are fulfilled (the advance payment is received) and it is possible to populate the Reserve upon receipt supply option.
For the next sales orders with required shipment date June, 10 and later the non-allocated stock balance of 80 pieces will be offered.
If the goods are received fully, then they will be allocated to all sales orders automatically when being received from a supplier. After actual goods receiving you can assign the Ship state to the corresponding lines of a sales order. If the goods are not fully received, all these orders become "troubled" and a responsible employee has to decide the goods under which order should be reserved first.
Do not supply. Goods are not reserved and not planned for supply. For example, reserving and supplying goods will be possible only after the customer makes a prepayment.
To supply. Goods are out of stock and supply is not planned yet. You should create a delivery order. A logistic expert receives information on all required goods. The logistic expert uses the Generation of orders based on demands data processor and registers the required order in accordance with the demands (Purchase order, Transfer order, and Assembly (disassembly) order). After the orders are generated and confirmed, the supply option will be automatically changed to Reserve to shipment date in the sales orders. Then goods will be supplied the same way as in the previous option.
Provide on pegging basis. To use this supply option, select the Pegged order fulfillment check box (Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Demand fulfillment). The goods are ordered from a supplier under a specific sales order. The sales order is specified in the purchase order (the Assignment field) and in case of goods supply (in the Purchase of goods and services). Received goods can be shipped only by the sales order for which they are assigned.
Pegged order fulfillment is planned under the sales order from April 15, 2017 (the Provide on pegging basis supply option is set in the goods table). To fulfill this sales order on April 20, 2017, register the purchase order with the assignment specified: sales order dated April 15, 2017. Once the goods are received from a supplier, the Ship separately assignment is set in the sales order.
Automatic filling of supply options
To fill in supply options (Action) automatically, click Supply– Fill in supply. Supply is filled in for the selected lines of the document tabular section. Then select the goods reservation (supply) and shipment strategy.
Fill in supply options in the Action column.
You can fill in supply options in accordance with the selected strategy as follows:
- The Reserve at warehouse supply option is filled in for those goods which have available stock (including reserved goods) in the warehouse specified in the document. If a warehouse group is specified, then information about warehouses from which goods can be shipped will be filled in the document tabular section. The required date will be set as a shipment date. If the information on the required date is not filled in, then the current date will be set.
- The Reserve upon receipt (Reserve to date) supply option is filled in for those goods which can be placed in the previously registered purchase orders. The delivery date specified in the purchase order will be set as a shipment date. The orders having a delivery date close to the required date will be selected. If the required shipment date is not specified, then the orders having the delivery date close to the current date will be selected.
- The To supply or the Provide on pegging basis supply options are filled in for those goods that are not in stock. Order such goods from a supplier, transfer them from another warehouse, assemble them, etc. The closest planned delivery date of a given product is specified as a shipment date. This information is defined in the supply state. For more information on calculating the closest delivery date, see chapter "Demand fulfillment". If the closest delivery date is earlier than the required shipment date, then the required shipment date will be filled in.
Shipment date calculation depends on the used supply option.
- If the simplified supply option is used, then the delivery period is specified in the agreement with customer.
- If the extended supply option is used, then the delivery period is specified in supply options of goods to a warehouse (delivery time, the closest delivery date). Using the extended supply option, you can specify different goods supply schemes at warehouses. For example, goods are purchased from a supplier and delivered to the central warehouse. The average delivery time is 10 days. The goods will be transferred from the central warehouse to the selling area within two days. If the supply scheme is not specified, it is considered that the goods can be purchased from a supplier or transferred within the current day.
When you fill in the supply option (the Actions column), document lines are split automatically according to availability in a warehouse and capability to supply. The supply option and the shipment date are filled in for each document line. The supply option is filled in automatically for the selected lines. That is, you can fill in the supply option for different goods in different ways.
If you plan to ship the goods against the sales order fully, then select the Ship in one day check box in the document. In this case, the shipment date will be set as a maximum date when you can ship all the goods.
Manual selection of supply options
For each tabular section line of a document you can analyze what supply action option you can select. To control demand fulfillment terms for orders, information on planned supply date for the To supply and Provide on pegging basis options is displayed in the Select action form.
You can also fill in an action option when selecting goods to the document. For goods, information about their availability and closest delivery date is shown. When selecting a line, information about an action option will be filled in. Reserve from warehouse or Reserve to date. If a sales order is registered by a warehouse group, information about a warehouse and a shipment date will be filled in.
Goods assignment adjustment
You can use the Goods assignment adjustment document to change a reservation scheme for goods that are provided and reserved on pegging basis for a specific order (sales order, transfer order, assembly (disassembly) order, production order, material provider order).
Using the document, you can do the following:
- Reserve (on pegging basis) goods against order from available stock in a warehouse.
- Reserve (on pegging basis) goods against order from other orders by removing reserve for them.
- Remove a pegged reserve surplus from one or several orders.
- Fully remove a pegged reserve from one or several orders.
Select a required action in the Goods assignment adjustment document form, in the Action field.
You can register the Goods assignment adjustment document based on an order or from list Warehouse and delivery – Demand fulfillment – Goods assignment adjustment.
Goods reservation (on pegging basis) from available stock
To reserve goods for a specific assignment from available stock in a warehouse, click Supply – Reserve for assignment.
The wizard of creating the Goods assignment adjustment document will be opened. In the wizard, the Reserve for assignment operation kind will be set.
The tabular section of the wizard is filled in with order goods having the Provide on pegging basis supply kind and being in available stock in the shipment warehouse specified in the document. If you click All warehouses in the Reserve at option, the information about all warehouses with the available stock will be added to the goods table. In the Reserve column, you can see the information on how many goods are reserved for the selected order. In the To reserve column, the goods quantity to be reserved from available stock in a warehouse is specified.
At the bottom of the form, the summary for the order is displayed. It will be relevant after creating the adjustment document. When you change values in the To reserve column, you can see how totals for the selected goods and the whole document are changed.
- State – shows if the order will be fully supplied after creating the document.
- Available in shipping warehouse – shows if all the required goods will be in the warehouse specified in the order (or in the specific order line) after the document is created.
Totals of the selected line:
- Demand – shows how many goods will remain to be reserved in the shipment warehouse after creating the document.
- In stock – shows how many goods will be reserved and physically be in stock in the shipment warehouse after creating the document.
- Supplied – shows how many reserved goods will be physically in all the warehouses after creating the document and how many goods are expected to be received from a supplier.
Click Create document to create the Goods assignment adjustment document with the Reservation action kind.
You can also create the new document from the Goods assignment adjustment list. When creating the new document, select the Reserve at warehouses operation.
In the new Goods assignment adjustment document, you can select the required sales order (click Change) and fill in the document with all the goods supplied on the pegging basis and being in available stock in the shipment warehouse (click Select from available stock). Then, the wizard of creating the new adjustment document opens. It is the same wizard as opened from a sales order.
Pegged reserve transfer from another order
To transfer a pegged reserve from another order, use the same wizard of creating the Goods assignment adjustment document as in the previous case. To remove the reserve from goods previously reserved in a warehouse, select the Use other assignment reserves check box. If the check box is selected, in the goods list, you will see the order goods for which there is the pegged reserve within other orders. You can select the check box only if you are included in the Add change goods assignment adjusting entries role or if you have the full rights. The reserve can be transferred from another order simultaneously with the pegged reservation of goods in warehouses.
As a result, the Goods assignment adjustment document with the Reservation and adjustment action option will be created. Similarly to the previous case, you can create the new Goods assignment adjustment document from the Goods assignment adjustment list.
Removing pegged reserve for goods of one order
To remove the reserve for an order, in the document form, click Supply – Remove from reserve by assignment. The wizard of creating the Goods assignment adjustment document with the Remove reserve action option opens.
The goods table is filled in with goods for which there is the current (pegged) reserve within the order. To remove the reserve, use one of the following options:
- Remove all reserves. If you select this option, the reservation of goods reserved with assignment specification will be canceled. In the To reserve removal column, you can see the total number of goods that were reserved but not shipped for the order yet. Pegged goods reservations for the assignment will be automatically canceled even if they are registered for the warehouse different from the warehouse of goods shipment to the customer.
The Do not control the excess of pegged goods supply check box is selected in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Demand fulfillment. The goods are to be shipped to the customer from the warehouse A. The purchase order and receipt of goods to the warehouse B are registered. The Sales order assignment is specified. The goods for the order are reserved in the warehouse B. When removing the reserve for the order registered in the warehouse A, you will see that the goods for the order are reserved in the warehouse B. If you register the Remove from reserve operation, the reserve for the order in the warehouse B will be removed and the goods go on sale.
- Remove reserves beyond demand. This option is available only if the Do not control the excess of pegged goods supply check box is selected. It might happen that more goods for the assignment are available than it is really ordered (for example, if the goods came in large packagings, the sales order was changed, etc.). In such cases, use this option to make an adjustment. The To reserve removal column will be filled in with goods surplus, i.e. with quantity of goods excessively reserved for a specific assignment.
As a result of both options, the Goods assignment adjustment document with the Remove from reserve action option will be created.
When you post the Goods assignment adjustment document, the goods reserve, including the one incorrectly allocated for an assignment, will be removed.
Removing goods reserve for multiple orders
To register goods reserve removal for multiple orders, use the Goods assignment adjustment document with the Remove from reserve for multiple assignments action option. To fill in the goods list by orders for which the reserve is to be removed, click Fill in from orders. The list will be filled in with all order items for which a reserve for an assignment is available.
The items for which there is a reserve surplus (reserves exceed the assignment specified in the order) will be marked in the list.
To remove reserves for all items, click Remove all reserves. To select documents by a certain warehouse, product, etc., use the basic 1C:Enterprise features of data selection in lists.
Supply state control
You can control the supply state when registering a sales order. You can view the supply state both when opening the document (it might not have been written and posted yet) and when changing the supply state in the posted document (goods were received for the order, sets were assembled, etc.). In the document, specify the goods and the warehouse for which you want to view the supply state. You can specify one warehouse in the document header or several warehouses in the tabular section. To view the supply state, in the command bar of the document tabular section, click Supply – Supply state.
The Supply state data processor shows the current supply state for the sales order and provides recommendations on shipment date change.
You can distinguish the supply state by color:
- Green – fully supplied
- Yellow – partially supplied
- Gray – not supplied
For each product, you can see a recommendation on selecting an optimal supply option (Action) according to the current supply state. When you click the link with the recommendation, the supply option, shipment date, etc. will be changed. Click Actions with the order to apply recommendations to all document lines.
You can use the following options:
- Supply (left arrow). You can fulfill the demand for goods with the To supply action option. Goods were delivered to a warehouse (they are in available stock), or a purchase order (assembly order, transfer order) within which goods are not allocated to other sales orders yet was made.
- Reserve earlier (left arrow). Goods are placed in a purchase order (transfer order, assembly order), the Reserve to date option is set. You can reserve goods in a warehouse (there is available stock) or place them in orders with an earlier receipt date. If you implement this recommendation, goods shipment date becomes earlier and closer to the required shipment date.
- Reserve later (right arrow). You can reserve goods later according to the required shipment date. Set the Reserve at warehouse or Reserve to date action option to reserve goods earlier than the required shipment date. If you select this option, the shipment date for the order becomes later and goods are available for reservation on earlier dates and shipment within other orders.
- Correct supply (right arrow with an exclamation mark). Goods were reserved in a warehouse (the Reserve at warehouse action option) or placed in a purchase order (Reserve to date of shipment). But the shipment schedule is disrupted (the goods were not delivered on time, there are not enough goods in the warehouse). If you implement this recommendation, the supply option and the shipment date will be changed according to the current goods supply state. In fact, the action option and shipment date will be refilled automatically.
In the Supply state data processor, you can additionally do the following:
- View and adjust orders for which goods have been already reserved (click Other orders of selected item).
- Set up filtering using a data composition schema (Customize list).
If the To supply (Provide on pegging basis) action option is set for order lines, payment terms under the order are controlled. If the order payment terms contain steps with the Advance (before provision) type, the amounts within these steps should be paid by the customer to the current moment.
When you post the order, the application generates a reference to the logistics (procurement) department on goods items for which the To supply (Provide on pegging basis) action option is set. The logistics department sees the whole picture on all items that have the To supply (Provide on pegging basis) action option and controls the possibility of supplying goods under the orders. To control the goods shortage, the logistics department uses the Generation of orders based on demands data processor and the Goods calendar report.
Once the order with the To supply status is posted, it is assigned the Shipment is expected status.
A sales person can control the supply state of their orders using the Order fulfillment states data processor (the Sales section, the Tools command group).
In this data processor, the supply state of all orders is displayed and recommendations on them are provided. You can implement the recommendations directly from the data processor and update shipment dates for orders if required.
In the data processor, you can configure additional filtering: by partners, by order statuses, etc. To do it, click Customize list. Any order attribute, including the additional one, can be used as an additional parameter.
Preparation for goods shipment
Order preparation for shipment depends on the set order usage option. You can determine a usage option in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales.
- Order as a proforma invoice. A shipment document can be registered in any case. The payment and goods availability in a warehouse are not controlled. The entire goods list is copied from the order to the invoice.
- Order from warehouse. You can register a shipment document only after the order is posted in the For shipment status. The prepayment and goods availability in a warehouse are controlled when posting the document. The goods list in the invoice will include goods previously shipped under the sales order.
- Order from warehouse and against order. You can register a shipment document only if the For completion status is set and the goods list contains at least one good with the Ship action set. When you post the document, the application checks if the necessary payment is made and if goods items for which the Ship action is set are available in the warehouse. The goods list in the invoice is filled in with goods for which the Ship action is set and includes goods previously shipped under the sales order.
A sales person sets the Ship action for goods when all customer prepayment obligations are fulfilled according to the payment schedule. It means that the schedule steps with the Advance (before provision) type and the Prepayment (before shipment) type are paid. Information on orders by which the goods can be shipped is displayed on the References for registration tab in the Sales documents list.
To register sales of goods and related services, use the Sales of goods and services document. It shows the moment of customer debt appearance, title transfer, VAT accrual, etc. The corresponding print forms are generated using the document:TORG-12, M-15, 1-T, Tax invoice, etc.
When registering sales of works (services), you can use the Sales of goods and services or Acceptance note documents. The key difference between them is generation of related print forms and electronic documents. In the first case, it is Invoice (TORG-12). In the second case, it is Acceptance note. Service sale registration option is defined in the product kind settings.
You can generate a sales document in one of following modes:
- By a sales order
- By several sales orders
- independently (without reference to an order).
Registering sales of goods and services
You can register the Sales of goods and services document in Sales – Wholesale – Invoices for registration – Sales documents (to register):
- By orders (click Register by orders) – information is populated in the sales document by the order product items for which invoices were not issued.
- By actual shipment data (Register by shipment) – invoice registration procedure according to earlier shipped goods depends on the setting in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Warehouse and delivery – Procedure of invoice and goods issue note registration:
- If the Orders and invoices first, then notes shipment option is set, then information in the invoice will be filled in with goods that have already been assembled or shipped against the order (the For shipment or Shipped status is set in the Goods issue note document).
- If the Orders and invoices first, then notes shipment option is set, then this command is possible only if an invoice has already been created under the order. Use this command to refill the invoice according to the shipped (assembled) goods. The command will be run only if there are discrepancies between registered invoices and quantity of assembled (shipped) goods. You can also use the command for the invoice registered without an order.
If discrepancies are detected after registration of sales based on shipment, an additional dialog box appears. It displays discrepancies between the goods quantity specified in the invoices and the goods actually assembled (shipped). Use this form to eliminate discrepancies by refilling the existing invoice or registering a new one.
You can register one document (an invoice or a certificate) and a document package (invoices, certificates, or tax invoices) for the selected list in the workplace. The application will automatically divide the documents by partners, warehouses, companies, and define a type of the created document (Acceptance note , Sales of goods and services, Assignment deed).
Specify the document parameters in the Appearance parameters form. To access it, click More – Settings...() of the Invoices for registration workplace.
You can configure the following parameters:
- Automatic posting of generated documents.
- Opening of screen forms of created documents.
- Registration of tax invoices to documents with the Sale is subject to VAT taxation.
- Printing of created documents according to print settings.
You can control a state of creating invoices and shipment from warehouse using icons in the list.
Sales document creation states:
- – Everything is registered
- – Create
- – Finish creating
States of goods issue note registration:
- – Not registered
- – Correspond to invoices
- – Do not correspond to invoices
You can filter sales documents by states. For example, you can filter all orders under which financial documents (invoices) have not been registered yet but goods have already been shipped from the warehouse. For this purpose, use the following filters: Create invoice and Goods issue notes.
You can configure creation of a sales document by several orders in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Sales against several orders.
Without reference to an order
You can generate sales without reference to a sales order based on an individual agreement, purchase of goods and services, or return from the customer in the Sales documents (all) workplace. In this case, allocate the document amount by payment steps: prepayment or credit. If a credit step is provided, the expected payment date is filled in. It is required for generation of a payment calendar and control of overdue receivable.
You can manage goods shipment registration using sales statuses and states. As with orders, set the status manually. The state is calculated automatically. The status change is a basis for taking some specific actions (a reference for warehouse, etc). The state shows the current state of a shipment document.
Using sales statuses is not required and is enabled in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Statuses of goods and services sale. When registering sales documents, the following statuses are used:
- For prepayment
When using shipment with deferred title transfer, the On the way status is added (see further).
Use the For prepayment status when the sale is registered without a sales order but payment control before shipment is required. 100 % prepayment option is set in the document. Once the prepayment is received, you can post the document in the Sold status.
You can configure registration of goods shipment from several warehouses in one sales document in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesales – Sales of goods from several warehouses. Preliminarily, organize warehouses into groups. For each group, define if warehouses can be specified in the document tabular section.
You can use the following options for specifying warehouses in the document tabular section:
- Prohibit. You cannot specify warehouses that relate to this group in the document tabular section. You can register orders and invoices only for a specific warehouse which will be specified in the document header.
- Allow in orders. You can specify warehouses that relate to this group in tabular sections of the orders. Invoices should be registered for each warehouse separately.
- Allow in orders and invoices. You can specify warehouses that relate to this group both in tabular sections of the orders and tabular sections of the invoices.
To specify warehouses in the tabular section of the Sales order document, specify a warehouse group in the document header. The warehouse list which you can specify in the tabular section is restricted both by relation to the current group and by warehouse availability groups specified for the user.
You can receive data on goods in stock by entering by lines or by selecting goods.
- When entering by lines, you can see information on goods availability in a separate dialog box in the Warehouse column.
- When selecting goods, enable the balance display mode to see balance by warehouses (Detailed information about balance (show/hide).
Procedure of registering sales under the sales order registered with warehouses specified in the tabular section depends on the capability of specifying warehouses in the sales document tabular section:
- If a warehouse group is selected in the sales order and in this group, the Allow in orders and invoices check box that allows you to specify warehouses in the sales document tabular section is selected, create one Sales of goods and services document based on the Sales order document. In the tabular section, fill in the information on warehouses.
- If a warehouse group is selected in the sales order and in this group, the Allow in orders check box that prohibits to specify warehouses in the sales document tabular section is selected, based on the Sales order document, create a separate sales document for each warehouse.
A sales document in which warehouses are specified in the tabular section can also be registered without specifying the order. In that case, in the sales document, select a warehouse group available for selection in invoices (the Allow in orders and invoices check box is selected). Warehouse information is specified in the document tabular section.
Goods shipment with deferred title transfer
To register goods shipment with deferred title transfer, use the Sales (goods on the way) operation kind. You can register this operation only if the Shipment without title transfer and Statuses of goods and services sale check boxes are selected (Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale).
The Sales (goods on the way) operation kind is available only if a document is registered under the agreement in which the possibility of registering shipment without title transfer is determined (the Shipment is possible without title transfer check box is selected).
Registration of an operation with deferred title transfer consists of two steps which are defined by the following sales document statuses:
- On the way
In the sales document list, you can control those deliveries under which the goods are not delivered to the customer yet by filtering. You can also bulk edit shipment document statuses.
Along with the goods, you can keep records of services and performed works using this scheme. Revenue from services and works is recorded on a date of title transfer specified in the sales document. Registration of a separate certificate of rendered services on registering such operation is not available. For works and services select a sales registration option Sales of goods and services.
When registering shipment with deferred title transfer along with the goods, you can register the reusable package shipment. When the document is posted in the On the way status, the package is written off from a warehouse. Package return cycle length is calculated according to the specified date of title transfer. Revenue from package is calculated in the same way as for goods when posting a document in the Sold status.
Customer debt arises upon registration of title transfer (posting of a document in the Sold status). The allowable debt amount and debt period are controlled upon goods shipment (when posting a document in the On the way status). At the same moment, possibility of goods shipment to the customer is checked according to the set rules of shipment prohibition (whether the customer is in the shipment prohibition segment).
You can control customer debt including shipped but not delivered goods in the Customer debts and Card of settlements with customers reports.
Goods sales only by compliance and management accounting
Goods sales only by compliance accounting is required when you need to record different data in management and compliance accounting. You can enable this option in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Company – Companies – Separate operations of purchases and sales for manag. and compl. accounting.
To record this operation, set the Sale in compl. accounting operation kind in the sales document.
If you need to record sales for management accounting only, then this operation should be registered on behalf of the predefined company Management company. In the shipment document, the Customer sales operation kind is specified. It is also specified when registering ordinary sales.
Variances on measuring goods shipment
The actual quantity of shipped goods can differ from those stated in the sales orders. In such cases, you can register the Sales of goods and services document for the quantity of measuring goods exceeding the shipment reference (the Sales order document) but within the allowable variance.
The excess of references for goods shipment is available only for measuring goods whose storage unit has the measured value type Weight, Volume, Length, Area.
Allowable variance amount is defined according to the value specified in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products – Unit of measure – Allowable variance of measuring goods shipment and receiving. In this case, you can ship the goods if actual quantity of goods exceeds the quantity under the reference, but it is within the allowable variance. The reference is considered fulfilled if actual quantity of shipped goods is less than in the reference but it is within the allowable variance.
The following checks are carried out when posting the invoice:
- Goods quantity excess control by references (orders). The document is posted if the quantity stated in the invoice exceeds the reference within the allowable variance.
- Prepayment control when references are exceeded within the allowable variance.
If quantity of shipped goods is greater than those stated in the order, lines with "In excess of the quantity" attribute are added to the invoice. If quantity of shipped goods is less than those stated in the order but it is within the allowable variance, lines with cancellation attribute are added to the invoice.
Work performance and service provision on goods shipment
With the application, you can register performed works or provision of additional services when registering goods shipment. For example, goods shipment by the company's delivery service, product repair, etc.
You can perform works (provide service) either with registration of a customer pre-order registration or without it. You can also register work performance (service provision) against several orders.
To register performed works (services), use a specific product kind. In the product kind, specify the Service or Work product type and the Acceptance note registration option.
Performed works are registered in the Acceptance note document.
The document can be registered against one or several sales orders.
With the application, you can register pre-order fulfillment for work performance. You can use this option only for the items that are of the Work product type. Fill in information on the works to perform in the Sales order document. Works can be performed by a third-party company.
Work planning process is similar to goods supply planning process. Planned works will be shown in the Generation of orders based on demands data processor along with the goods to provide.
Goods delivery is included in the sales order dated 04/29/2017. The goods are shipped on 04/30/2017. The shipment is registered using the Sales of goods and services document. Simultaneously the Acceptance note document is registered for delivery.
To register the Assignment deed document, select the matching check box in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales - Wholesale.
Assignment deed is actually a print form of the Sales of goods and services document. You can use the Sale registration option operation kind in the Sales of goods and services document. When registering an assignment deed for the product kind for which the title transfer is made, select the Assignment deed sale registration option.
Additional tab Assignment deeds appears when selecting the check box in the Sales document (all) list. The Assignment deed sales registration option will be automatically set and the document header will be changed while registering a new document.
The goods for which the Assignment deed document is to be registered can be allocated to one product kind. Select the Assignment deed sales registration option in the product kind.
By dividing goods by product kinds, you can automatically define whether an assignment deed is required when registering shipment against the order.
When registering sales from the Sales documents workplace (the For registration page), the required document will be automatically created depending on a product kind of goods or services specified in the order.
With the application, you can register services registered according to an agency contract (agreement). To register such operations, select the Sales of agency services check box (Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale).
Sales (providing agency services) scheme is similar to consignment sale scheme. Based on sales (service provision) results, an account sales to consignor is registered and the commission is calculated.
The sales scheme depends on who provides agency services: an own company that is a part of an organization or a third-party company. To see information on who is the service provider, use the Product kinds catalog.
If a third-party company provides agency services, specify this company (consignee) in the service profile.
If agency services are provided by another own company, fill in the information on it in the service profile as well.
You can conclude an agreement on conditions of agency service provision with the companies providing such agency services. Specify the Provision of agency services operation kind in the agreement. Register selling prices for the services.
To create agreements on providing agency services with a supplier directly from a product profile, click Create agreement (the Manufacturer details section). You can create the agreements for the services provided under an agency agreement and registered as a product item with the Service type in the Products list.
To access registered agreements on providing agency services, click Selected in 1 agreement in the agreement with supplier card.
Provision of agency services to a customer is registered the same way as any other service provision using the Sales of goods and services document.
Depending on the service provider, one of the following documents is registered by sales results:
- Commission between companies report – if the services are provided by own company.
- Account sales to consignor– if the services are provided by a third-party company. You can see if it is required to report to consignor for provision of agency services in the corresponding lists.
- Commission between companies reports (the To register tab).
- Account sales to consignor (the References for registration tab).
A customer orders a delivery service by a transportation company on 04/18/2017. The service is provided by the service provider under an agency agreement. Based on the provided service, on 04/25/2017 Sales of goods and services (the Certificate of rendered services print form) and Account sales to consignor are registered. The transportation company is paid for the services minus a commission amount.
Registering a tax invoice
Click the corresponding link to register the Issued tax invoice document in the Sales of goods and services document form. Here you can also create a replacement tax invoice (if cost and quantity are not changed). For operations not requiring a tax invoice (for example, consignment goods transfer), the link is unavailable.
You can register one tax invoice for several sales documents. A tax invoice is an independent document. You can enter information to it manually and fill in data.
To control sales documents by which tax invoices are not registered and to register new tax invoices, use the Issued tax invoices workplace. You can access the workplace from sections Sales and Compliance accounting.
You can analyze sales documents for which tax invoices are not entered on the To register tab. Overdue sales documents for which tax invoices are not issued within five days are highlighted in red.
To group documents by the same attributes (a counterparty, a date, a contract, a sales person), click Customize base document grouping. Tax invoice registered by the grouped line contains all base documents included in it.
You can see a list of documents for which the tax invoice is registered by clicking the Total documents link.
To select base documents in a new tax invoice, click Select. A dialog box shows sales documents for which a tax invoice is not registered yet. Select the documents by key fields (Company, Counterparty) specified in the tax invoice. The documents already selected for the tax invoice are highlighted in gray.
Corrective tax invoice is registered based on the Sale adjustment document with the Adjustment under approval of parties transaction type. Replacement tax invoice is entered based on the existing tax invoice under a sales document or the Sale adjustment document with the Error correction transaction type.
You can enter a corrective tax invoice to several original tax invoices. You can fill in the tax invoice based an issued tax invoice.
If you enter a tax invoice based on another tax invoice, the application analyzes previously entered Sale adjustment documents and fills in a new tax invoice using this data. You need to decide if it is a corrective or a replacement tax invoice.
If the Sale adjustment document is entered by the sales document, you will be warned that a tax invoice is required for the corrective document. The same warning on required adjustment will be shown in the tax invoice.
To record sale with 0% VAT in a purchase ledger and in a sales ledger, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Sales for export. In this case, the Sale for export (0% VAT) taxation will be available in sales documents.
State contract ID in tax invoices
In accordance with the Federal Law dated April 3, 2017 No. 56-FZ, state contract ID filling is allowed in issued tax invoices from July 1, 2017 when selling goods (providing works, services).
To fill in a state contract ID, click State contract ID in documents Issued tax invoice and Issued tax invoice (advance payment) (including in corrective tax invoices).
State contract ID value can be filled in automatically or manually in tax invoices.
The following algorithm is used to automatically fill in contracts IDs in tax invoices:
- If payments in accordance with the Federal Law dated April 3, 2017 No. 275-FZ are supported as a part of the state defense order (the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Cash flow – Payment support in compliance with 275-FZ check box is selected), then the ID is filled in from the card of the state contract item specified in the contract.
- If payments in accordance with the Federal Law dated April 3, 2017 No. 275-FZ are not supported, then the state contract ID is filled in manually in contracts with the With customer relation type (the State ID field on the Main tab). State contract ID value in tax invoices is filled in from the contract under which the goods and services sales are registered.
State contract ID value is displayed as a State contract ID agreement (contract) line in the following print forms of issued tax invoices:
- Tax invoice
- Universal transfer document (UTD)
- Universal adjustment document (UAD)
You can print a universal transfer document (UTD) with status 2 from sales documents. UTD form with status 2 defines UTD usage only as a source document to register business transactions such as (goods shipment, title transfer, etc.) Document number is set according to numbering of source documents (invoices, certificates, etc).
To learn more about Universal transfer documents, see FTS of Russia letter dated February 6, 2014 No. GD-4-3/1984 and dated May 30, 2014 No. GD-4-3/10380.
You can generate the Consignment note and Waybill print forms based on sales of goods and services.
To use these print forms, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Print forms, reports and data processors – Print forms – Waybills.
You can create a consignment note as follows:
- From the Sales of goods and services tabular section and the list form.
- From the Transportation job document and the list form.
- From the Sales wizard workplace.
You can combine several base documents into a single consignment note. To do this, click Select in the tabular section of the document. You will see previously created consignment notes with matching values of attributes Company, Sender, Counterparty, Delivery address. Then select the required document.
Bulk creation of consignment notes is available from list forms. For bulk creation of consignment notes, select the required documents in the list and generate invoices by clicking Print – Waybills.
If the same values of attributes and settings Company, Sender, Counterparty, Delivery address are specified in base documents, then a single consignment note is automatically generated for such documents. Waybill attributes are filled in based on consignment note attributes.
Print forms of Consignment notes and Waybills are available from base documents and list forms.
You can use the same functionality for the following documents: Goods transfer, Sale adjustment, Goods return to supplier, Return of raw materials to material provider.
You can create consignment notes for documents Transfer to material provider and Material transfer to toller from transportation jobs.
Sales of services and other assets
Sales of services outside the company's core activities as well as fixed assets and intangible assets are recorded using the Sales of services and other assets document. Accounting of settlements is the same as for the Sales of goods and services document.
The following print forms are provided for the document: (UTD), TORG-12, Certificate of rendered services, М-15, Tax invoice.
Sales of services
Use the Sales operation kind to record sales of services outside the products catalog. Specify an arbitrary print name for each service (the Content column on the Revenue (income) tab). Specify Income item and dimension provided for the specified item for each service. Revenue from sales will be recorded in accounting of income and expenses according to the selected item (see chapter "Management accounting of expenses").
If a cost is calculated for the services being sold, then it can be recorded by items on the Cost (expenses) tab. For each cost line specify the following:
- Expense item and corresponding dimension.
- Item and dimension of assets and liabilities of the balance sheet statement.
- Compliance accounting account.
- Cost amount by management and compliance accounting separately and amounts of permanent and temporary differences according to PBU 18.
Sales of capital assets
A sale of fixed assets and intangible assets is recorded with the Sales of capital assets operation kind specified and can be entered on the basis of the Preparation for FA handover and Preparation for IA handover documents.
For each fixed asset or intangible asset being sold, on the Revenue (income) tab, specify an arbitrary print name (the Content column) as well as an Income item and dimension used for it. Sales revenue will be recorded in income and expense accounting according to the selected item (see chapter "Management accounting of expenses").
For each object being sold, on the Capital assets tab, specify an expense item and expenditure dimension according to which you want to write off the object cost in income and expense accounting.
Sales with deferred title transfer
A sale of certain fixed assets subject to state registration is recorded by the Sale with deferred title transfer operation. Title transfer status is recorded in the Status attribute. Select the Handed over status if the fixed asset has already been handed over to a customer but the title transfer is not formally registered yet. The Sold status means full title transfer. Specify a title transfer date when setting this status.
Apart from that, the recording procedure is similar to the Sales of capital assets operation.
You can close orders under which operations with a customer are complete. The order is considered to be fulfilled if all the planned shipment is complete and all the payments from the customer are received.
In the application, you can exercise a strict control over payment and shipment: You cannot close an order if all payment and shipment obligations have not been fulfilled under this order yet. To enable this option, select the Shipment control while closing orders and requests and Payment control while closing orders and requests check boxes in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales. All unshipped items should be canceled.
You can automatically cancel the goods that were not shipped to the customer under the order. To do this, click Fill in – Cancel undelivered lines. When canceling undelivered lines in the order, goods shipment in the advanced warehouse is considered. You can close an order with set shipment control only after the shipment in the advanced warehouse is fully completed.
If the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Reasons for sales order cancellations check box is selected, for each line, you can specify a reason why the goods were not shipped to the customer. Then you can analyze the reasons for cancellation using the Reasons for sales order cancellations report.
The order closing procedure depends on if the order completion process is controlled (if the above mentioned check boxes for control while closing orders are selected):
- If order closing is not controlled, the order is closed automatically when all obligations (full payment, shipment, and cancellation of all undelivered lines) are fulfilled. The Closed status is missing in the document.
- If order closing is controlled, then the document has an additional order closing status. The sales person closes orders manually. On closing, it is controlled whether there is a full payment and/or shipment (depending on the selected check boxes). If the customer canceled the order, select the Canceled check box for order lines, specify a cancellation reason, and then close the order.
You can bulk close orders from the list (click Set status). You can automatically close fully fulfilled orders and unfulfilled orders with cancellation of undelivered lines.
You can use the Order closure wizard to close the order, correct references (sales orders), eliminate discrepancies between order and purchase invoice. To access the wizard, click Close order in the Sales order/Sales of goods and services document form or click Actions – Closed in the sales order list.
The wizard allows you to process a large number of lines simultaneously.
You can do the following by using the Order closure wizard:
- Correct lines with measuring goods allows you to edit a sales order by allowable variances of measuring goods shipment:
- Lines whose balance is included into allowed variances are canceled.
- Goods quantity is increased in the lines for which shipment exceeded the order within allowed variances.
- Cancel unprocessed lines due to:
- All lines for which shipment was not carried out and invoices are not registered are canceled. In the wizard, the reason for cancellation will be automatically specified for lines canceled within the variance; for the remaining lines, you should do it manually (one for all lines).
- Correct prices:
- Prices under the Sales order document will be adjusted to prices under the Sales of goods and services document.
- Set the Closed status.
Lines of measuring goods can be automatically adjusted with the help of the scheduled job. Automatic adjustment of reference lines with variances of measuring goods shipment is determined by the option that can be enabled in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products – UOM – Use automatic closing of measuring goods order lines. If the check box is selected, a background job which corrects sales order lines with variances in measuring goods is added.
The Sales order document closing features:
- If shipment under the sales orders is exceeded, it is allowed to exceed prepayment terms by the amount of possible variance of measuring goods.
- After you resolve discrepancies using the Order closure wizard or adjust them automatically with the help of the scheduled job, the amount of measuring goods variance is calculated. The variance amount will be allocated by the order payment steps. Amounts of advance payment variances will be excluded from the prepayment check. Variance amounts will be reset in case of any manual changes in the order.
- When you adjust lines, terms under which automatic discounts are provided are not rechecked but discounts are recalculated according to the changed quantity.
Use the Sales – Sales wizard workplace to quickly register wholesales, create the required infobase documents, and prepare a print form set for a customer. Take several steps for the registration.
Using the Sales – Sales wizard workplace, sales people can take advantage of additional features for sales registration:
- View information about a customer (partner profile).
- Generate sales orders, sales of goods and services.
- Create requests for goods return from customers.
- Create proforma invoices.
- Create letters of authority.
- Fill in goods by a product segment.
- Forecast recommended quantity of customer sales.
- Control minimum order amount within variances from sales terms.
You can set a document list to register using the sales wizard in a separate dialog box. To access it, click Configure.
In the settings, select the document registration option (Register) and a list of the documents to be registered and printed. The documents will be printed according to the print forms configured for them in the quantity specified for printing the document set.
Documents are shown in the list according to the set functional options. For example, if proforma invoices are not used, then proforma invoices will not be shown in this list and will not be generated. If proforma invoices are disabled, you can print the proforma invoice from the Sales order document. If this form is included into the print form set, then the sales order is printed as a proforma invoice.
Generated documents are shown on the Documents tab.
You can see the list and the amount of selected goods on the Shopping cart tab.
To register documents for a new customer, click New sale.
Partner profile in sales wizard
When selecting a customer in the sales wizard, summary on the customer is displayed as follows: an order list, customer debt amount, overdue debt amount, a phone number, an email (the Partner profile, the Main tab).
Using the sales wizard, you can access the order list registered by the customer (click Order list "Quantity of orders" on the Main tab). The amount of active orders to date is shown in brackets. It allows you to change the existing order or create a new one.
To get more information on the customer, generate the Partner profile report (click More in the sales wizard form).
Filling mode for goods supply
When registering Order (Order + Sales), in the tabular section of the sales wizard, you can specify a single supply option for all order lines or an individual option for each order line. Click to use the Supply setting in the Settings form.
If you select the Supply – One supply option mode, specify one supply option. By default, it will be filled in for all order lines in the wizard tabular section. With this mode, you do not have to specify a supply option for each product that simplifies order registration using the sales wizard. If you use the One supply option mode for all order goods, you can specify the shipment date for the entire order without separating lines by different shipment dates (the Shipment date field).
When selecting the Supply – Advanced mode, you can specify different supply options for each item. To specify supply options, click Supply – Fill in supply in the sales wizard form.
If the specified agreement within which the order is registered stipulates that goods under the order will be supplied on pegging basis (the Fulfill orders on pegging basis check box is selected on the Sales conditions tab of the agreement form), the application will recommend you to enable the Advanced supply mode when you select the agreement in sales wizard.
Generating requests for goods return
In sales wizard, you can generate not only sales documents (sales order or sales order and sales of goods and services) but also goods return requests. You can register requests for goods return only if a customer orders new goods.
To register requests for goods return, select the Create a return request check box in the Settings sales wizard form. You can customize creation of requests for goods return if you select one of the sales registration options: Order or Order + Sales. You can create requests for goods return in the status specified in advance (On approval, For return, For completion, Completed, or Rejected). The default request will be created in the status set in the settings.
If the Create a return request check box is selected, the Quantity (return) column is added to the Goods tabular section. In the column, specify the quantity of goods to be returned by the customer.
Scenario of registering an order and a return request at the same time:
- The customer orders new goods and wants to return the previously ordered goods.
- The new goods are delivered to the customer and the goods returned by the customer are collected.
You can print a set of documents for requests for goods return. You can configure printing the set of documents in the Settings form.
Filling in products by a product segment
To create a list of products allowed for sales, use product segments.
In the sales wizard, you can fill in the Goods tabular section with all products available for sale to the customer by a product segment specified in the customer agreement (the Product segment field in the agreement card). To fill in the goods list by a product segment, select the Pre-populate goods list check box in the Settings form.
The products will be filled in automatically by the product segment if you select an agreement for which the product segment is specified. The goods are filled in without calculating expected quantity of goods if a product segment contains not more than 300 goods items.
Customer sales forecasting
Use the sales wizard to calculate the expected quantity of goods that can be recommended to a customer for order.
To calculate the expected quantity of goods, select the Forecast a sale to customer check box, select one of the sales forecasting methods (the Forecasting method field), and specify a period for which statistics of sales to the customer will be collected (in the Settings form). The default statistics collection period is 30 days.
You can use one of the following methods to fill in the expected sales quantity:
- By a plan of sales to this customer
- By statistics of previous sales to a customer
If the Forecast a sale to customer check box is selected, the Forecast column is added to the Goods tabular section of sales wizard. This column is filled in automatically with the sales quantity that can be recommended to a customer for order. To calculate and fill in the expected quantity, specify a next shipment date (the Next shipment date field on the Main tab).
The next shipment date can be filled in automatically based on Order frequency specified in the agreement with customer on the Sales conditions tab. Use this attribute to specify the number of days to the next order. For example, if a sales order is generated regularly once a week, specify "7 days".
The next shipment date is calculated as follows:
Order frequency + Current date.
Using the expected sales quantity calculated automatically, you can fill in the quantity for sale required by the customer.
There are various methods for filling in the quantity for sale to a customer (the Quantity column) by the expected quantity. Use the following tools in the Forecast column:
- – allows you to fill in the quantity for sale from the previous order (when filling in by sales statistics) or from the sales plan (when filling in by sales plans). Use this feature if the customer orders the same goods quantity every time.
- – allows you to increase the quantity for sale by the quantity of the previous order (or by the quantity of the sales plan).
- – allows you to fill in the goods quantity for sale by the calculated quantity. Click it, and the goods quantity from the previous order/sales plans appears in the Forecast column. Once you click it again, this quantity will be added to the Quantity column. Next clicks increase the quantity by the value specified in the Forecast column.
To fill in the quantity for sale to the customer by the expected quantity, click Fill in – According to the forecast in the sales wizard tabular section.
Calculating the expected quantity by a plan of sales to a customer
In the diagram, you can see an example of calculating the expected quantity by sales plans.
If you fill in the expected quantity By sales plans, then data is taken from sales plans the periods of which fall within the period before the next shipment date specified in the sales wizard. The sales plans generated with details by the customer for whom the sale is being registered are involved in forecasting. The data is filtered by sales plans according to the specified next shipment date and the statistics collection period.
Calculating the expected quantity by sales statistics
The automatic calculation of goods quantity that can be recommended to a customer for order is based on previous sales data. To analyze previous sales, the sales order data is used. You can analyze the sales if at least two orders have been registered by this customer for the specified period. Sales statistics is calculated by goods included in the product segment specified in the agreement with the customer.
Sales statistics is collected for previous periods up to the current date. Based on data on the sales to the customer, statistics by sales of specific goods, approximate sales speed for each product item, and approximate stock of the customer to date are calculated.
If the next shipment date is not specified in the sales wizard, then the quantity from the previous order is filled in as expected quantity.
The expected quantity based on the data of previous sales is calculated as follows:
Average daily sale = Total sales volume under the previous orders that fall on the statistics collection period / Number of days from the earliest order shipment date that falls on the statistics collection period to the new order shipment date.
Customer stock = Sales volume of previous order - Average daily sale * Number of days from shipment date of previous order to next shipment date against order.
Expected quantity to order = Average daily sale * Number of days before next shipment date - Customer stock.
In the diagram, you can see an example of calculating the expected quantity of sales by sales statistics.
For each line selected in the tabular section of the sales wizard, you can see indicators used to calculate expected sales quantity.
Package is an inventory kind intended for packing, transporting, and storing products, goods, and other tangible assets.
To keep records of package, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Products – Accounting dimension – Reusable package.
You can also configure the operation mode within which reminders of filling in information on package (if it is defined that goods are delivered in reusable package) will be automatically created for the user. To enable this operation mode, select the Offer to supplement reusable package documents check box.
You can register and control the following operations of reusable package accounting:
- ■ Calculate the required quantity and automatically fill in package information when registering sales, purchases, etc.
- ■ Transfer package to customers and receive it from suppliers on conditions of return with its deposit value and return cycle length specified.
- ■ Register redemption of package not returned by customers on time, and redemption of package not returned by suppliers on time.
- ■ Control remaining packages and compliance with deadlines of return of reusable package transferred to customers and received from suppliers.
Package return necessity and return period determination
Package can be sold to a customer or transferred on conditions of return. These terms are defined in the agreement on sales conditions.
If package is received (transferred) on conditions of return, then the package return cycle length should be defined. You should also define whether it is required to pay deposit value for the package.
When creating documents, information on the package return date is automatically calculated and filled in the shipment document on the Additional information page.
You can specify or change information on package return and deposit requirement right in the document. If the package does not have to be returned, do not select the Return reusable package check box in the document. In this case, settlements for package are made similar to settlements for goods sales.
Deposit payment and return
If reusable package is transferred to the customer on the deposit terms, then the sales documents shall indicate the deposit value (prices for package). At these prices, total deposit value for the package is calculated and is to be paid in accordance with the payment schedule. In mutual settlements with the customer, the deposit value for the package is not selected on its own. Deposit value for the package is registered by the Cash receipt statement or Inpayment documents. Return of deposit to the supplier is registered by the Cash voucher or Non-cash debiting documents.
Filling in package information in documents
To fill in information about the package, click Fill in – Add package in the document.
In a new dialog box, one or several package selection options appear; the best option is marked.
If you do not fill in package information, you will be prompted to do it when posting the document (if the Offer to add reusable package to documents check box is selected in the settings).
Here are general options of package substitution:
- ■ If packagings are not used for the goods, then the package is defined in the form of the product. This package will be offered while filling in.
- ■ If packaging is selected for the product, then a package is offered that matches the entire packaging hierarchy. Upward in the hierarchy, package may vary; thus the package is selected from the closest in size packagings.
Package information in the document is filled in as follows:
- ■ All goods with the specified packagings are selected, the required quantity of packages specified in the packagings is calculated.
- ■ For goods with empty packaging throughout the package tree, the number of packages is calculated.
- ■ For goods with filled packaging, package quantity is calculated up and down in the tree branch with the selected packaging.
- ■ The total quantity of the same package for all goods is summed up. While summarizing, information about the warehouse, shipment date, etc. is recorded.
Return date control and registration of package return or redemption
To operate with transferred reusable package, use the Transferred reusable package workplace (Sales – Package return and redemption).
In the Transferred reusable package workplace, there is a list of package which was transferred to customers on conditions of return but has not been returned yet. There are different filter options available: by return date, customer, and sales person.
In the list, you can select package items returned by the customer and register package return. If package is damaged by a customer, package redemption is registered.
The Package redemption document records that package is purchased by a customer. After the redemption is recorded, you can write off the package itself in a standard way, like regular goods.
Information about all registered package return and redemption documents is displayed on the corresponding tabs.
You can register package return while registering the Return of goods from customer document. While selecting goods to the return document by one or several sales documents, you can see a list of package to be returned by the customer on the separate Transferred reusable package tab.
Under the request dated 04/29/2017, shipment of goods in reusable package is planned. Cost of goods and package deposit are paid by the customer on 04/29/2017. The package is returned by the customer on time – 05/10/2017. Then the package deposit value is returned to the customer.
Transferred reusable package analysis
You can use the following reports to analyze transferred reusable package:
- ■ Transferred reusable package. The report shows the current status of transferred reusable package and provides the following information:
- ○ How many packages in quantity and amount have not been returned to customers yet.
- ○ When and what package the customer should return.
- ■ Transferred reusable package list. The report shows the reusable package turnovers for a certain period. It provides the following information:
- ○ How many packages were handed over to customers at the beginning and at the end of the period.
- ○ How many packages were returned by customers and how many packages were purchased.
- ■ Card of settlements by transferred reusable package. This is a context report that allows you to track the package transfer in a specific document: how many packages and with which deposit value were handed over, how many of them were returned (purchased), and which documents for the package were registered.
Keeping records for package is similar to those of goods. This means that you can view warehouse balance, package transfer statement, etc. You can reserve package, fulfillment of demand for package, etc.
You can register and track all sale adjustment steps. You can use the following options of sale adjustment:
- Discrepancy registration and approval based on results of goods receiving by a customer.
- Sale adjustment using the Sale adjustment document.
To enable registering the Sale adjustment document and corrective tax invoices, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Sale adjustment.
Discrepancy registration and approval based on results of goods receiving by a customer.
To register discrepancies, use the Discrepancy certificate after sale document. To use this document, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Discrepancy certificate after sale.
In the document, specify the Sales of goods and services document according to which the goods receiving is registered by customer. You can register one receiving note for several sales documents.
In the receiving note, specify actual information on goods and service receiving, register discrepancies, and specify discrepancy record options. Based on data on the discrepancies, you can correct or create the Sale adjustment sales document. According to the receiving note, you can register a customer claim by discrepancies. Depending on discrepancy types, you can additionally create the Request for goods return from the customer document (or the Return of goods from customer document if the requests are not used) to register goods return, or the Sales of goods and services document if the additional delivery is required.
You can create a new receiving note by using the following methods:
- By customer operating in self-service mode.
- Based on the Sales of goods and services document. When entering the document based on the sales document, specify it in the receiving note. Fill in the main attributes (customer, agreement, counterparty, etc.). All attributes become unavailable for adjustment. The tabular section of the receiving note is filled in with the goods list from the sales document.
- From the document list. When you enter a new document from the list of receiving notes, you can enter one receiving note by several sales documents (click Change).
Information on discrepancies detected on goods receiving by the customer is recorded after filling in the information on sales document by which the goods sale was registered.
You may need to enter changes in the sales document by the results of discrepancy processing. These changes can be registered in the source sales document Sales of goods and services, or in the Sale adjustment document. You can find out where to make changes by using the setting in the Discrepancy certificate after sale document on the Main tab. You can use the following options:
- Change sale. The sales document is changed.
- Issue sale adjustment (error correction). A corrective adjustment sales document and a replacement tax invoice are registered. The replacement tax invoice corrects data in the period of goods sale registration.
- Issue sale adjustment (sale of overdelivered/return of underdelivered goods). New sales adjustment documents and a new corrective tax invoice are registered that correct data in the period when the certificate of goods receiving from customer was registered.
Discrepancies can be filled in by the customer operating in the self-service mode, or by the sales person according to data received from the customer.
The discrepancy registration procedure is as follows:
- Amount of the actually received goods (volume of services rendered) is specified in the Actual column. You can fill in information about the actual goods quantity by importing information about received goods from an external file (Fill in – Import from external file). If goods surplus is detected next to discrepancies, information about the new goods is added to the Goods tabular section. To add goods, click Select goods or Add goods.
- Information about surplus or shortage of received goods is filled in automatically in the Discrepancies column.
- There is a method for processing discrepancies for each line in the How to process discrepancies column if it is known to the customer. The customer can select one of the options depending on the discrepancy type: additional delivery, purchase or return of overdelivered goods. This information is optional. It can be clarified by the sales person during the certificate approval. By clicking Only discrepancies, you can filter the tabular section and see only lines with discrepancies. Using the How to process discrepancies command, in the command line of the tabular section, you can set processing option of discrepancies of surplus and shortages for selected document lines with discrepancies.
Available options of discrepancy registration are displayed in table 3.3.
Approval with customer
The customer agrees to receive goods surplus, and we agree to register documents again
The Purchase of goods and services document is changed, or the Sale adjustment document is registered for the goods surplus.
A customer does not agree to receive surplus goods.
A customer returns us goods surplus; the documents are reregistered.
Register and return
The Purchase of goods and services document is changed, or Sale adjustment document is registered. The quantity of overdelivered goods is specified in the document.
The Returns of goods from customer document is registered for the quantity of overdelivered goods.
The customer agrees to transfer goods surplus without documents registration
Return without registration
The documents are not reregistered, the customer returns goods surplus.
We do not agree that goods surplus is handed over to the customer
Do not recognize
The documents are not reregistered, the customer does not return goods surplus
We recognize goods shortage and agree to reregister the documents. Additional goods delivery is not required
The Purchase of goods and services document is changed, or the Sale adjustment document is registered for the quantity of missing goods.
We recognize the shortage and agree to deliver goods to the customer with reregistered documents
Register and supply additionally
The Purchase of goods and services document is changed, or the Sale adjustment document is registered for the quantity of missing goods.
A new Purchase of goods and services document is created for the quantity of underdelivered goods.
We recognize the shortage and agree to deliver goods without documents registration
Supply additionally without registering
Documents are not registered. Underdelivered goods are shipped to the customer without registering additional documents
We do not recognize underdelivery to the customer
Do not recognize
Documents are not reregistered, the goods are not supplied additionally
You can enter comments from the customer in the Customer comment column.
The Discrepancy certificate after sale document is posted in the Not approved status and is sent to the sales person for approval.
When approving the receiving note, the sales person should do the following:
- Specify the discrepancy registration option. If the discrepancy is not approved by the customer, then the sales person can set the Do not recognize discrepancy option.
- Specify information on the added item which was not registered in the sales document sent to the customer. Select a corresponding item in the product list, specify sales document, warehouse, and the sales order if the sales were registered on the basis of an order.
- Enter a comment into the Manager comment field.
The document is posted with the Processed status. If you need to order missing goods by the results of discrepancy processing, then the document is posted in the Supplied status.
According to the selected discrepancy processing option and a specified record method, a list of documents is generated that must be registered by discrepancies.
A list of documents to be registered by the results of discrepancy processing can be found and registered by clicking Register documents. A list of registered documents depends on the selected certificate processing option.
After the certificate processing (when all required documents are registered), the Processed status is set in the document.
Goods were shipped against the sales order dated 04/20/2018 from the advanced warehouse. All goods are specified as shipped in the shipment documents, but in fact the goods were not received. Underdelivery is registered with a discrepancy certificate after shipment. These goods are found in the warehouse based on stocktaking results and shipped to the customer again.
Against the sales order dated 04/26/2018, the goods were partially lost during shipment by the third-party transportation company. A discrepancy certificate is registered based on the goods receiving results. The customer rejects subsequent delivery, and sale adjustment is registered. The lost goods are written off. At the same time, the carrier debt is recorded.
Registering the Sale adjustment document
You can enter the Sale adjustment document based on sales documents. With the document, you can record the following operations:
- Error correction – issue of a replacement tax invoice.
- Adjustment under approval of parties – issue of a corrective tax invoice.
- Overdelivered goods sales – issue of a tax invoice for the overdelivery amount.
- Return of underdelivered goods – registration of the received tax invoice for the underdelivery amount.
The choice of an operation type in a new document is determined by the way of adjustment recording in compliance accounting. You can reflect recorded discrepancies as revenue and warehouse balance adjustment, or write them off as income and expenses.
You can also generate the Sale adjustment document from the Sales – Sales and returns – Sale adjustments list or by entering on the sales document basis.
You can print a universal adjustment document (UAD) from the Sale adjustment documents. You can access the UAD print form in the Sale adjustment document with the Error correction, Adjustment under approval of parties operation kinds. The Status field of UAD has the following values:
- "1" – only if there is a corrective tax invoice. The number and date of UAD equal to the number and the date of the corrective tax invoice.
- "2" – a corrective tax invoice is missing, UAD is used as an agreement (notification). Number and date of UAD are equal to the number and the date of the sale adjustment document.
You can see recommendations of FTS of the Russian Federation for the application of the universal adjustment document in the letter from 10/17/2014 No. MMV-20-15/86.
100 TVs at a price of 14,000 rub. were shipped to Proton customer on 06/10/2017. On 06/30/2017 the parties agreed to reduce the prices of this shipment to 13,500 rub. On 06/30/2017 the Sale adjustment document is registered and the Corrective tax invoice is issued.
Registering return of goods from customer
To register a return of goods from the customer, use the Return of goods from customer document. You can use the following registration options:
- Return from customer can be registered both with or without a sales document (Sales of goods and services). The amount of returned goods can be used in mutual settlements with a customer as a pay for other sales to the customer. A sales order can be either specified or not.
- Return from consignee can be registered in any time: before receiving the account sales from consignee or after registering goods sales by the consignee.
- Return from retail customer can be registered when a customer returns the goods sold at retail after closing the register shift.
You can specify a returned goods cost in the Return of goods from customer document.
You can fill in data on the returned goods cost in the Cost column of the tabular section of the Return of goods from customer document.
When you enable this field, the Cost defining method dialog box appears. In the dialog box, select one of the following cost defining methods:
- Equals the amount in this line. The cost of goods being returned is considered to be equal to the amount specified in the Price of the current document line field.
- Determined from the sales document. When you select this option, a field where you can select a sale document becomes active. Select the sale document using which the returned goods sale was recorded. The cost value will be equal to the value recorded on the goods sale.
- Specified manually. You can enter an arbitrary value or fill in the cost value according to the specified price type.
The cost is entered in the management accounting currency. The cost is converted into the compliance accounting currency automatically. You can change all the cost values (Man. accounting VAT included, Management accounting VAT exempt, and Compl. accounting VAT exempt) manually.
To specify the cost defining method for a group of several selected lines of the document tabular section, click Fill in – Fill in cost.
Any return kinds (return from customer, return from retail customer, return from consignee) can be created using a preliminary registered and approved goods return request. Use the Return request document to plan receipt of returned goods to the warehouse and register operations of returned goods replacement. To use a return request, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Requests for return.
Registering a request for goods return
You can register a new return request in the Requests for goods return from customer document list (the Sales section). When creating a new request, you can select a request kind depending on the operation being registered: Request for goods return from customer, Return request from consignee, or Return request from retail customer.
Use request statuses (On approval, For return, For completion, Completed, or Rejected) to detail request operations. The list of used return request statuses depends on the set option of using orders (Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales - Wholesale – Use orders).
If the Order from warehouse and against order check box is selected, the full list of statuses of the return requests will be used (you can also reserve goods and order missing goods for replacement).
If the Order as a proforma invoice check box is selected, then statuses are not used in the return requests (you cannot reserve goods for replacement and order them from the supplier).
If the Order only from warehouse check box is selected, you can only reserve goods for replacement from the warehouse but cannot order missing goods.
Use the Order from warehouse and against order option when reviewing the request.
The goods return request can be divided into several steps:
- Register a new return request.
- Approve a return request.
- Register goods return under the request.
- Register goods substitution under the request.
Registering new return request
You can register a new return request based on data about goods sales to a specific customer. There are several options of registering a return request:
- Return request can be registered on the basis of a sales document.
- In the request, goods returned by the customer can be specified; after that, documents used to register goods sales are filled in automatically.
You can register Return request without specifying a sales document. In this case, fill in information on a customer, an agreement, a warehouse, and a list of returned goods in the new request manually.
You can also fill in information on goods from an external file of arbitrary format (click Fill in – Import from external file). You can fill in information on a date by which the customer plans to return the goods (Required receipt date) on the Additional information tab.
When registering a request, select a compensation option when registering goods return. You can use the following options:
- Return cash. If you select this compensation option, the Cash voucher document which records cash return to a customer is registered after goods return registration.
- Leave as an advance. Cash is not returned to a customer. After goods return is registered, cash can be cleared as an advance payment for any other operation. For example, as an advance payment for a sales order or as a payment for a shipping slip.
- Substitute goods. If you need to register goods replacement, fill in information on goods to be shipped to a customer as replacement for the returned goods. Fill in this information on the Substitute goods tab. If you need to ship the same goods as replacement, click Fill in with returned goods to fill in the goods list. You can also fill in information on a date of planned shipment to a customer for replacement (Required shipment date).
The price of returned and replaced goods is filled in according to price types specified in the agreement under which the request for goods return is registered. If the prices are not defined in the agreement, they can be filled in by price types specified for goods sales.
If you ship other goods as a replacement for returned goods, register how the customer will pay for the goods replacement. Click For payment and register this information in a separate dialog box. Payment step details are filled in automatically according to sales conditions (an agreement with customer) in the same way as for sales orders.
The following options of settlements with the customer are available:
- Advance or return (before supply) – a reference to the logistics service for supplying goods for replacement. It will be registered only after registration of receiving of returned goods from the customer.
- Prepayment or return (before shipment) – a reference to the logistics service for supplying goods can be registered before the return. Goods for replacement will be shipped only after the customer returns the goods.
- Credit or return (after shipment) – all settlements with the customer will be carried out after shipment of replacement goods to the customer. The goods for replacement can be shipped to the customer before they return the goods.
If the amount to be paid by the customer for goods offered as a replacement exceeds the price of the goods being returned, the customer pays the difference according to the specified payment options.
For example, goods whose cost is 100 rubles higher than the one of the returned ones were offered to the customer. The goods will be replaced only if the customer returns the goods and pays the extra. In this case, set the Advance or return (before supply) option with a 100% payment.
Approving return request
A return request is considered to be approved if it has the For return status. The For return status is set in the document automatically when it is created no matter whether you select the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Approve return requests functional option, or not.
If the request must be approved by responsible persons, set the On approval status for the document, and start the approval process. To be able to use the return request business process, select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Approve return requests.
The request approval process starts by input on the basis of request (Create on the basis – Approval of request for goods return). Define the participants before starting the return request approval process.
If the return request provides goods replacement and terms for replaced goods differ from those specified in the agreement, persons responsible for price, financial, and logistics conditions receive corresponding tasks when you start the return request approval process.
To analyze variances of the terms specified in the request from those specified in the agreement, use the Variances from sales conditions report.
After the return request is approved by all assignees, its status is automatically changed to For return.
If a request cannot be approved, it has the Rejected status.
Registering goods return by request
Goods return can be registered after the return request is approved. To register the goods return by the approved request, specify the estimated date of goods return receipt at a warehouse, and then set the For return status.
Date of goods receipt can be filled in manually or automatically by clicking More – Fill in receipt date. Estimated date of goods delivery is suggested as a goods receipt date (Required receipt date on the Additional page).
After posting the return request with the For return status, information on returned goods will be registered on inventory planning. Information on returned goods is recorded in the goods movement schedule as a planned goods receipt from a customer according to the specified receipt dates.
Information on such request will be shown in the Returns of goods from customers document list on the References for registration page.
You can create a Return of goods from customer document based on the return request. To do so, click Register goods return. If the return request is registered on the basis of a sales document, information on the sales document is transferred to the Return of goods from customer document.
Return amount reduces the current debt of a customer. If the goods return request is supposed to be a goods substitution, then the price of substitute goods is included in the debt amount. To do so, click Customer debt is reduced, and then specify the due and payable amount in the Mutual settlements list. In the Compensation field, specify the calculation option if the return amount exceeds the paid off debt:
- Return cash
- Leave as an advance
Registering goods substitution by request
Goods return can be registered after return request is approved. To register goods return by the approved return request, specify the estimated date of returned goods shipment from the warehouse, and then set the For completion status. If you use the Order from warehouse order working option, set the For shipment status.
Supply option (Action) and date of shipment can be calculated automatically in the same way as for the sales order. To do so, click Supply – Fill in availability. When calculating, the required shipment date specified in the Request for goods return document is considered. Set the Ship action for the goods to be shipped as a replacement for goods by request.
In the return request, you can issue a reference to the logistics service for supplying the replaced goods at the warehouse (click For supply), and then register the goods shipment. In the return request, you can control the supply state of the replaced goods the same way as for the sales order.
When posting a goods return request, it is checked how settlements steps specified in the request are fulfilled. For example, if the Prepayment or return (before shipment) settlement step is selected, you cannot set the Ship action until the customer pays the request in full. The goods are shipped only if the customer fulfills settlements by goods to be shipped as a substitution:
- Return goods to be replaced.
- Pay extra if goods offered as a substitution cost more.
- Pay the full price of substituted goods.
After the Ship status is set for at least a single product in the list for replacement, the Request for goods return document automatically appears in the list of the references by which the goods can be shipped (References for registration in the Sales documents list).
Based on the return request, you can register the shipment document for goods replacement (Sales of goods and services).
Recording low-quality of goods in case of goods return from a customer
To register defective goods return, use the Request for goods return from customer document (click Return of other quality goods). By clicking the button, you can access a document tabular section where you can specify details of previously shipped and being returned goods of other quality.
Select the check box and select products of other quality for the lines with defective goods in the Products field (in the Goods of other quality are returned group).
You can register defective goods return in the Return of goods from customer document the same way as in the Request for goods return from customer document.
Analyzing return request state
To analyze the processing state of a return request by returned goods, use the Execution state report.
For the goods failed to be shipped to a customer as replacement in the Goods return request document select the Canceled check box, and then select the reason why the goods are not shipped to a customer.
Once the request is processed, the Completed status is set for it.
Under the sale dated 04/21/2017, a customer decides to return 1 piece of goods. The return is registered using the return request dated 04/22/2017 in the On approval status. There is no customer debt. The request is on approval (the For return status). The customer returns goods to an advanced warehouse on 04/25/2017 (Goods receipt note is registered, the return request status is For completion). Then on the return request basis, the Return of goods from customer document and a cash voucher for refund to the customer are registered.
Registering goods return from a customer without a request
Goods return from a customer without a request can be registered on the basis of one or several sales documents or without a sales document. In this case, you can apply all the document tabular section filling methods which we discussed during return request registration.
When posting the return document, it is registered that the customer returned imported goods (with specific CCD number and the country of origin) or consigned goods.
If in the return document the Sales of goods and services document under which the returned goods sale is recorded, details of returned CCD numbers are filled in automatically. You can see which goods the customer returned once the return document is posted. To do this, click All actions – Open inventory kinds on the command bar of the document tabular section.
If a sales document is unknown, click the Inventory kind dialog box and enter details of CCD numbers, a country of origin, and an inventory kind (own or consigned goods).
You can set off the amount returned by the customer as a payment for other sales to the customer (under a sales order or a sales document). To set off the amount, click Customer debt is reduced.
You can return the remaining amount to the customer (Return cash) or keep this amount as an advance payment to set it off for further transactions with the customer.
You can pay for the returned goods either by issuing cash or using electronic payments. You can enter sales documents based on the Return of goods from customer document.
The way you register actual receipt to the warehouse depends on the warehouse the goods are returned to.
- If the warehouse is an advanced one, then actual receipt is registered using the Goods receipt note document.
- If the warehouse is not an advanced one, then actual receipt to the warehouse is registered once you post the Return of goods from customer document.
Recording discrepancies when returning goods from customer
To register discrepancies when registering goods return from a customer, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales - Wholesale – Discrepancy certificate after goods return from customer.
To access the Discrepancy certificates after goods return from customers document list, click Sales – Returns and adjustments.
You can register the Discrepancy certificate after goods return from customers document based on the Return of goods from customer document or from the Discrepancy certificates after goods return from customers document list. You can register one certificate by several Return of goods from customer documents.
Unlike the delivery document, registration of an adjustment document is not available for the document of goods return from the customer. That is why all the necessary changes are registered in the Return of goods from customer document.
Discrepancy processing options are the same as in case of goods delivery from a supplier.
Analyzing data on registering wholesales
The Gross profit of the company report is designed to evaluate profitability of sales to specific customers by every product item and check sales below their cost.
The Gross profit by fully paid shipments report allows you to define the profit from payments provided by sales persons and company departments.
The Gross profit by suppliers report provides information on sales of supplier goods that bring a greater profit.
You can analyze sales in different geographic regions by using the Sales map report. To generate the report, map the information in the Business regions catalog with the geographic regions. Every customer must be assigned to a business region.
The Comparative analysis of manager performance indicators report is used to evaluate activities of sales department employees by different performance indicators. The received information can be used to motivate employees and search for other ways of improving their effectiveness.
The Sales dynamics report is designed to control sales in details within selected frequency which helps you to make decisions to intensify or stop sales by specific activities.
The Dynamics of overdue customer debt and Payment discipline of customers reports allow you to evaluate the state and dynamics of financial liabilities fulfillment by customers. This allows you to find the less reliable customers and prevent possible overdue receivable increase.
The Sales rank of two periods, Compare revenues of two periods, and Comparison of sales of the same periods reports record changes of different performance indicators in comparison to the previous periods. This allows you to define the most and the less potential activities and make an appropriate decision.
The application allows the companies represented by several corporate entities to sell goods that belong to another company.
Here is an example:
- ■ A company which is a part of a holding company purchases goods for the company warehouses.
- ■ Goods can be sold by the company which is entitled to sell goods of the purchasing company.
- ■ When selling goods to an end customer, it is checked whether goods of another company can be sold according to the configured sales scheme between the companies.
- ■ Sales documents between purchasing company and seller company are registered by sales results to an end customer.
To use intercompany sales features, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Goods accounting – Goods handover between companies.
The intercompany sales features provide the following:
- ■ Sales of another company goods.
- ■ Goods handover between companies including those by sales results.
- ■ Select options and rules of intercompany handover for sales and transfer for consignment.
- ■ Intercompany return including those performed according to return data from customers.
- ■ Control of company stock balance considering the rules of intercompany transactions.
- ■ Automatic filling of intercompany transaction documents by sales and return data.
- ■ Register intercompany sales under the contracts between the companies.
- ■ Select a payment offset method (both on consignor, and consignee side).
- ■ Register intercompany transactions through an intermediary (indirect settlements).
Intercompany transaction registration rules
Registration rules for intercompany transactions define a goods handover option (sale or consignment) and intercompany returns. They are registered in the Financial result and controlling – See also – Customize goods handover between companies workplace.
When customizing goods handover between companies, you can specify a contract between the companies and the price kind in the Contract and Price kind fields. These settings are used by default on registering intercompany sales documents in Register handover and return and Register commission reports workplaces.
It is recommended that you select Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Goods accounting – Control company stock balance for registration by receipts. When registering sales, balance is checked for a customer company and other companies supporting intercompany sales. If there is balance by the company with the Not transferred goods handover option (intercompany sales are prohibited), the document posting will be locked. In other cases, the sales are successful. Later you can generate the Goods handover between companies documents according to selected option.
Consignment price type
In the CRM and marketing – Settings and catalogs – Prices and discounts – Price types list, you can select the On hand over between companies check box for every item. This price kind is available for selection on registering the intercompany transaction documents as a consignment price. If the check box is selected only for a single price kind, it will be substituted automatically.
Contracts between companies
You can register intercompany sales only under the contracts between companies.
Contracts between companies are registered in Financial result and controlling – Goods movement between companies – Contracts between companies.
To use contracts between companies, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Financial result and controlling – Financial result – Contracts between companies.
The contracts between companies can be of two types (the Type field):
- ■ Purchase and sale contract – under this contract, you can register transaction of goods sales to another company. The contract is concluded between a supplier company and a customer company.
- ■ Commission agreement – under this contract, you can register goods transfer for consignment to another company. The contract is concluded between the consignor company and the consignee company.
You can use contracts between companies on registering the following sales documents between the companies (the Contract field):
- ■ Goods handover
- ■ Commission between companies on sales report
- ■ Commission between companies on write-off report
- ■ Return between companies
You can use contracts between companies as settlement objects in the sales documents on registering the following transactions:
- ■ Payment to another company (documents Expenditure request/ Non-cash debiting and Cash voucher).
- ■ Receipt from another company (documents Inpayment and Cash receipt statement).
- ■ Repayment of accounts receivable and accounts payable (the Debt offset document).
- ■ Write off of accounts receivable and accounts payable that occurred when registering business transactions between the company branches (the Debt relief document).
Registering documents between companies
Goods sales on behalf of another company are registered the same way as own goods sales. If a seller company does not have the necessary quantity, missing goods will be automatically written off from the company for which intercompany operations are allowed in the settings.
To register documents between companies, click Financial result and controlling – Goods movement between companies – Documents between companies (all). Within the workplace, you can register documents with corresponding business transaction types:
- ■ The Goods handover between companies document (Goods sale to another company, Consignment goods transfer to another company).
- ■ The Commission between companies report document (Commission between companies report).
- ■ The Commission between companies on write-off report document (Commission between companies on write-off report).
- ■ The Goods return between companies document (Goods return between companies and Goods return on commission between companies).
The workplace stores all registered documents, such as goods handover between companies, commission between companies reports, goods returns between companies, and corresponding business transactions recorded by these documents.
You can create new documents between companies in the overall document journal. If there are too many document kinds in the list, they are displayed as a drop-down menu: a document kind, then a business transaction. When creating a new document, the selected document kind and business transaction will be filled in automatically.
You can configure a list of used documents in the document journal (click Customize). You can filter the list of used documents by both business transactions (By bus. transactions) and document kinds with which business transactions are registered (By document kinds) in Select business transactions and documents.
A number of selected documents and business transactions will be shown in the workplace header (for example, "2 business transactions by 2 documents are shown"). If only one document kind is selected, you can see a list of business transactions exactly for this document on creating a new document.
From the general document list, you can navigate to workplaces of document registration between companies based on previously made references. You can access the workplaces by clicking the following hyperlinks:
- ■ Transfers – navigates to the workplace for registration of the Goods handover between companies documents.
- ■ Commission reports – navigates to the workplace for registration of the Commission between companies on sales report, Commission between companies on write-off report.
To return goods to the general journal of documents between companies, click Documents between companies (registered commission reports) and Documents between companies (registered goods handovers).
Goods handover between companies
When creating a Goods handover between companies document, select one of the following business transactions: Goods sales to another company or Consignment goods transfer to another company. It depends on the transfer option used on goods transfer between companies: sale or consignment goods transfer. A new Goods handover between companies document is created; its transaction type depends on the selected document kind.
In a new document, fill in a list of documents to be transferred to another company and prices at which goods will be transferred.
When filling in the goods list, you can select the goods from available stock of the sender company and hand them over to another company.
You can also fill in the goods list with negative balance of a recipient company. Note that negative balance of a recipient company can appear only if a trade company does not use the "intercompany" scheme and companies can ship the goods to negative value (the Control company stock check box is not selected).
You can save the information on goods assignment when transferring goods between companies.
A customer orders goods from one company. These goods are ordered from a supplier for a specific sales order. You can save information on the sales order by specifying it in the Assignment field when transferring the goods to another company.
When you select assignment, a form appears. Here you can select pegged goods reserved for specific assignment.
Select assignment manually from the All pegged orders list. You can select assignment only if the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Purchases – Demand fulfillment – Do not control the excess of pegged goods check box is selected.
The assignment specified in the document is controlled when posting the document.
On the Additional information tab, you can fill in all the necessary information on goods delivery to another company (a delivery address and a letter of authority) and specify information on a payment date and a payment kind.
You can print registered documents of goods handover for a seller company (TORG-12 form) and for a receiving company (M-15 form). You can also register a tax invoice under the handover document.
Transfer and redemption generation wizard
The wizard is designed to automatically generate batch goods handover between companies and goods redemption from safekeeping by days or by months to fulfill the demand of previously sold goods by the intercompany sales, or goods receiving for safekeeping with the right to sell.
Transfer generation wizard
The transfer generation wizard is designed to automatically generate batch goods handover between companies by days or by months to fulfill demands of previously sold goods according to the intercompany sales scheme.
- ■ Purchases – Purchases – Redemptions to register
On generating documents drilled down by months, the general demand for goods sold for the month is fulfilled. Within the month, negative company stock balance is allowed as of the end of the day which does not affect the cost calculation and month-end closing. When generating documents by days, the goods demand is fulfilled for each day so there is no negative stock balance as of the end of the day.
The wizard has 3 steps.
- ■ On the first wizard step, the intercompany sales and sales of goods received for safekeeping are analyzed for the specified period. On this step, the document split mode is selected (by months or by days). You can set filters by products. A list of recipient companies is created by which a document with specified inventory kind is generated. Further actions will be applied to the selected company and inventory kind.
- ■ On the second step, it is defined what documents to generate (only transfers between companies, only redemptions of stocked goods, or both). You can configure selection priorities for sender companies if necessary.
- ■ On the third wizard step, transfer documents are created.
When generating documents, errors which can prevent the documents from being posted are controlled, for example, absence of set prices for specific products items. Such items can be excluded from generating documents, or you can set the prices.
After documents are generated, it is checked whether demands can be fulfilled. If sender companies do not have enough own goods and goods transfer registration or redemption from other companies are required, these companies are included in the list and the documents are generated again.
Commission between companies report
The Commission between companies report is registered after consigned goods received from another company are sold. If the intercompany transfer provides a consignment scheme, the seller (consignee company) must register consignment goods transfer and account it to the goods owner (consignor company).
On generating a new document, a list of sold or returned by the customer goods and other attributes are filled in automatically.
If the consignor company provides commission payment, you can select a commission payment method on registering the report on commission between companies. In the Payment method section, on the Commission payment tab, select one of the options:
- ■ With separate payment – actual commission payment to the consignee is recorded by separate payment documents and is not deducted from revenue (sales) amount. If you select this method, you can do the following:
- ○ Set off commission payments on consignor side or on consignee side (Payment offset).
- ○ Register payment documents to record receipt and commission payment to the consignee (the Expenditure requests, Inpayment, Non-cash debiting documents).
- ■ Deduct from revenue amount – the commission amount (the Commission amount field) is deducted from the amount received by the consignee company for consigned goods sold to the end customer (the Sales amount field). There is no need to enter sales documents for commission.
Records in registers and print form filling for consignor company are registered the same way as for the Account sales from consignee document and Account sales to consignor (for consignee company).
According to this document, a consignor company can issue a tax invoice for sold goods which is automatically registered for the consignee company as a received tax invoice. A consignee company can issue a tax invoice for commission which is registered for the consignor company as received.
Settlements via intermediary
You can keep settlements between companies through an intermediary. To do so, select the Intermediary check box in the intercompany sales documents. If the check box is selected, in the Contract field, you can specify contracts with the intermediary (counterparty). Contracts are selected from the Contracts with counterparty list. You can only select contracts with the following relationship types: With customer, With supplier/assignee, With consignee, With consignor.
In case of keeping settlements through an intermediary, you can select contracts with suppliers/customers (consignees/consignors) in the same documents as contracts between companies (documents of goods transfer, account sales, returns, etc.). Contract with supplier/customer (consignee/consignor) can be selected as a settlements object when registering payment documents the same way as for contracts between companies.
Registering cash transfer between companies
The application allows you to register transfers between cash accounts and bank accounts of different companies. Cash transfer documents can be generated on the basis of approved expenditure requests or without reference registration.
Cash transfer documents are registered when it is necessary to transfer cash between companies. They can also be registered as settlement documents for the goods transferred to another company.
Registered request is recorded in the payment calendar. A financier analyzes this transaction, approves the request, and then sends it for approval to the company's CEO. Information on registration stages is displayed in the Status field. If reference approval and confirmation is not required for the company, you can set the For payment status for the registered document.
You can register a cash transfer from one company to another using the following documents:
- ■ Cash voucher – with the Payment to another company operation kind specified.
- ■ Cash receipt statement – with the Receipt from another company operation kind specified.
You can register cash write-off from a bank account of one company and bank receipt to the account of another company using two documents:
- ■ Non-cash debiting – with the Payment to another company transaction kind specified.
- ■ Inpayment– with the Receipt from another company transaction kind specified.
You can print the Non-cash debiting document as an outgoing payment order and submit it to your bank. According to the data specified in the payment order, a non-cash amount is debited from the payer's current account (one company's current account). The Processed by bank check box is selected in the document. If the Processed by bank check box is selected in the Inpayment document, the non-cash amount is credited to the payee's current account (another company).
Once the posting is made, in incoming/outgoing payment forms, there will be a link to the inverted payment (documents Inpayment/Non-cash debiting) or label "Inpayment is not found"/"Non-cash debiting is not found" if there is no correspondence between bank receipt and bank payment documents (the Corresponds attribute in bank receipt and bank payment document forms).
Search for inverted payment is carried out by the following attributes of bank receipt and bank payment documents:
- ■ Company
- ■ Contract
- ■ Bank account
- ■ Document amount
- ■ Currency
- ■ Business transaction(Payment to another company and Receipt from another company)
- ■ Date and Bank number
If you edit incoming or outgoing payments manually, the application prompts you to find an inverted payment automatically and bring it into compliance with sending a notification message to the user.
Company stock balance correction wizard
Company stock balance correction wizard is designed to analyze and correct accounting errors by companies. Such issues can appear on entering and adjusting documents of receipt and sale post factum. On regular document reposting, inventory kinds (supplier details, CCD number, etc.) are not overwritten while entering new delivery documents post factum, i.e. writing an earlier date on a document. If you want to change inventory kinds allocation after adjusting the document, click Financial result and controlling – Tools – Wizard of correcting company stock balance.
The wizard runs step by step. To go to the next step, click Next. To go back to the previous step, click Back.
Step 1. On the first step, it is checked whether there is a negative stock balance of the company and a balance by inventory kinds and goods CCD numbers. Before running the wizard, specify a period to analyze and correct company balance for. Diagnostics can be performed by all companies (company is not specified in the wizard) or by every specific company.
The wizard shows if there is negative balance and balance by inventory kinds and CCD numbers.
Clicking the links, you can get a detailed review showing company negative balance and detailed balance.
Company negative balance is controlled by companies as of the end of the month (by all months of the selected period). In this case, start balance at the beginning of the month cannot be equal to the closing balance. Negative balance is also checked without including companies as of the end of the month (stock balance amount by all companies).
To control debit and credit balance, it is checked whether there is simultaneous positive and negative balance by inventory kinds and CCD numbers for goods drilled down by companies and warehouses.
Step 2. The second wizard step appears if negative goods balance is detected for the company.
Based on negative balance analysis, the application offers you the following options:
- ■ If negative balance can be corrected by registration of goods handover between companies, you can register it without quitting the wizard. In a separate tabular section, there is a list of companies between which the goods transfer must be registered. To enter a new transfer document between companies, click Register goods transfer.
- ■ If negative balance cannot be corrected by registration of goods transfer from other companies, you can register missing goods receipt. To resolve this issue, a list of negative balance is displayed by companies for which the receipt documents must be registered.
If the company uses Intercompany scheme, then the goods sales to another company within Intercompany will not be registered as company negative balance. Information on such sales is recorded separately. Goods handovers between companies are registered according to this data.
Step 3. The third wizard step appears if there is detailed balance by inventory kinds and CCD numbers.
You can select one of two document reposting options:
- ■ Automatically repost documents with detailed balance and overwritten Inventory kinds tabular section.
- ■ Repost all documents and restore appropriate sequence of stock balance kinds write-off (as if documents are entered again in the correct order).
The Inventory kind tabular section is overwritten as follows:
- ■ If separate accounting is kept, documents with separate accounting of inventory kinds are refilled first. Documents with which separate inventory kinds can be written off are defined automatically (by a transaction, by a sales person, or by a department).
- ■ Documents are sorted by quantity importance. It is also defined what documents result in the maximum negative balance. Such documents are refilled first.
- ■ Inventory kinds with CCD numbers specified in the sales documents are selected to minimize changes in the CCD numbers.
- ■ Inventory kinds with similar inventory type are selected to minimize changes in consigned goods transfer.
To repost the documents, click Next on the third wizard step after user confirmation.
Step 4. On the fourth wizard step, you receive advice after reposting the documents.
The application informs you about the reposted documents. You can view this list and analyze in which documents the inventory kinds were refilled.
The application also informs you about shipment documents where CCD numbers were changed. If tax invoice is registered against the sales document with changed CCD number, the application offers you to perform additional actions to correct data:
- ■ Create a print form of reposted document list. Tax invoices will be printed for Sales of goods and services and Sale adjustment documents.
- ■ Generate replacement tax invoices.
- ■ Print replacement tax invoices.
- ■ Generate jobs for sales people (connect with customers and transfer them changed tax invoices).
A list of documents which cannot be reposted are highlighted in red. Open this list to view the posting errors and correct these errors.
Click Finish to quit the wizard.
After you quit the wizard, you can analyze intercompany sales by using different reports.
Intercompany sales analysis
Different reports allow you to control goods balance of different companies included in the trade enterprise and internal transfers between companies, analyze and control intercompany settlements, and control that documents by intercompany sales are registered on time.
To control and analyze company stock balance, use the reports from the Financial result and controlling section: Company goods list, Sales between companies, Settlements between companies, Consigned goods.
You can also control revenue received from goods resale of another company and analyze income and expenses of intercompany sales. To do so, run the Gross profit of the company report (in the Sales section) and Company income and expenses, Financial results reports (in the Financial result and controlling section).
These reports simplify registration of intercompany sales. Here are some examples.
- ■ To find out on what warehouses the goods owned by a specific company are located:
- ○ Run the Company goods list report.
- ○ In the report settings, select a company whose balance you want to control.
A list of warehouses appears showing stock balance owned by the selected company. The current balance is shown in the Closing balance column.
- ■ To view goods balance available for selling on behalf of a specific company at company warehouses:
- ○ Run the Company goods available for sale report (the Company goods list in product report option).
- ○ In the report settings, select the Company check box, and then select a company whose balance you want to control.
In the Available for sale column, you can see the quantity of goods available for selling from different warehouses on behalf of the selected company. When calculating the quantity of goods, goods balance of other companies that can be sold by this company using Intercompany scheme is also counted.
- ■ To calculate goods quantity that can be sold without VAT, on behalf of what company and from what warehouse, do the following:
- Select the Company goods available for sale report option.
- ○ In the report settings, select the Taxation check box, and specify Not subject to VAT in the selection field.
Goods available for sale without VAT are shown in the list. In the Available for sale column, you can see the quantity of goods available for sale on behalf of the specific company from the specific warehouse. Data in the report is generated based on company's accounting policy analysis. The accounting policy is analyzed for every company—taxation system (general or simplified) and UTII application for retail warehouses in retail sales.
Goods quantity available for sale can be calculated with or without Intercompany scheme.
- ○ If you select Yes in the report settings in the Include transfer of inventory of other companies field, then goods of another company are counted which can be sold on behalf of the current company using Intercompany scheme.
- ○ If you select No in the report settings in the Include transfer of inventory of other companies field, only balance of the selected company is shown without Intercompany scheme.
- ■ To control correctness of CCD numbers on selling imported goods:
- ○ run the Control of goods CCD numbers report.
- ○ In the report settings, select the Company check box, and then specify a company whose CCD balance is to be controlled.
In the list, you can only see the goods for which the accounting is kept by ССD (i.e. the Keep records by CCD check box is selected in the product profile). Use this report to control whether the CCD numbers are specified correctly, i.e. define goods with negative CCD closing balance (quantity of shipped goods by the specified CCD number is greater than the number of received CCD numbers).
Using this report option, you can view the list of imported goods for which CCD numbers are not specified on receipt and shipment:
- ○ In the advanced report settings, select the CCD numbers check box.
- ○ In the Equal to field, select Not filled in.
- ○ You will see a list of goods with accounting by CCD (the Keep records by CCD check box is selected in the product profile) but the CCD number is not specified for these goods when registering receipt or shipment.
Using this report option, you can control goods transfer by the CCD number, or goods shipment from specific countries of origin. To do so, in the report settings, set the filter by specific CCD number or country of origin.
- ■ To find out how many goods belonging to a specific group are received by the company and on whose behalf these goods are sold:
- ○ Run the Company goods list report option.
- ○ In the advanced report settings, select the Products check box, select the In group option, and then select a product group in the selection field.
The goods list of selected group will be shown. For each receipt and expenditure of goods, you can see a company for which the receipt was registered, and a list of companies on whose behalf the goods consumption was registered from a warehouse. In the quick report settings, you can set additional filter by specific warehouse to analyze goods transfer by companies at a specific warehouse.
- ■ To display goods list by which it is required to register the goods handover between companies: run the Register goods handovers (the Consigned goods report option).
The report shows a list of goods sold on behalf of another company according to the Intercompany scheme.
- ○ In the Remaining quantity for registration field, you can see the goods quantity by which transfers between companies are not registered as of the period end specified in the report.
- ○ In the Registered field, you can see the goods quantity by which transfers between companies are registered for the specified period.
- ■ To view a list of consigned goods transferred to another company without an account sales: select the Register consignment reports (the Consigned goods reports).
The report information will be displayed as an articulation statement.
- ○ Vertical. A list of consignor companies, i.e. companies who transferred the goods for consignment to other companies. For every consignor company, you can see a list of goods transferred to another company (consignee) and sold by consignee company.
- ○ Horizontal. A list of consignee companies, i.e. companies who received the consigned goods on behalf of other companies.
In the articulation statement columns, you can see the following information:
- ○ Remaining quantity for registration - information on what goods (transferred for consignment and sold) the company has not registered the commission reports yet. Remaining quantity for registration is generated as of the period end specified in the report. Quantity of goods for which the reports shall be registered and the amount for which the consignee company shall report to a consignor company. As an amount the following is displayed: a goods sales amount to a consignor company by a consignee company with all provided discounts and markups when selling goods to customers.
- ○ Reports are registered - information on what goods the consignee company reported to the consignor company for the period specified in the report. Quantity of goods for which the consignee reported and the amount for which the goods were sold and reported to the consignor company.
- ■ To view the quantity of consigned goods of other companies:
- ○ Select the Consigned goods report.
- ○ In the Consignee field, select the company whose consigned goods balance you want to view.
In the generated report, the following information will be shown:
- ○ In the Consignor/Products column, you can see a list of consignor companies whose goods are transferred to the selected company, and a list of consigned goods for each consignor company.
- ○ Quantity and balance amount are shown for every product in the On consignment column.
- ○ In the Sold column, you can see the quantity and amount of consigned goods received from consignor companies and sold for the period specified in the report settings.
- ■ To analyze income and expenses received from goods resale between own companies:
- ○ Run the Income and expenses report.
- ○ In the advanced report settings, select the Show sales check box, and then select the Only sales between companies option.
The report shows revenue and sales cost on the result of sales between own companies.
- ■ To analyze internal cash transfer between companies: run the Control of cash transactions report.
In the report, set filter by control type of internal transfer between companies.
The report shows information on cash and electronic transfers between companies of a trade enterprise against internal references on cash transfer. Not fully fulfilled references that are highlighted in yellow means that expenditure from one company is recorded while the receipt to another one is not.
- ■ To control current debt state between companies: run the Settlements between companies report.
The report is displayed as an articulation statement. Debt of one company owed to another one is shown at the intersection of the table columns. If mutual settlements between companies are kept in different currencies, the debt amount is displayed in each currency separately.
To be able to transfer goods for consignment, click Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Wholesale – Consignment sales. If you enable this functional option, the sales support is provided under the commission agreement on consignor side.
Consignor is a party in the commission agreement who assigns another party (consignee) to make one or several goods transactions against a commission. The following transactions of consignor can be performed automatically:
- Apply standard and individual rules of goods transferring for consignment.
- Control rights for variance from approved rules on registering consignment goods transfer documents.
- Register contracts concluded with consignees.
- Arrange a quotation to the consignee.
- Register and approve mutual liabilities in the consignee order.
- Register documents of consignment goods transfer in warehouse and financial accounting.
- Register account sales from consignee and write-off of consigned goods.
- Issue proforma invoices based on account sales.
- Approve conditions and goods return from the consignee.
- Record settlements with consignee summarized against the contract or detailed by each account sales from consignee.
- Analyze states of settlements, debt, and dates of fulfillment of financial liabilities by the consignee.
Consignment goods transfer rules
Consignment goods transfer rules are recorded in the Sales condition agreements list with the Consignment goods transfer transaction type. It allows you to set operation rules with a consignee and control their execution.
It is required to specify the agreement when registering consignment sales.
Unlike the sales to a customer, price terms in the agreement define a deposit value of consigned goods transfer but not the goods price. The consignee can register sales of consigned goods at any price. That is why there are no discount conditions for this option. Commission parameters are added to the list of agreement attributes.
There are two options of payment terms with consignee:
- By contract (summary)
- By account sales (by documents)
If sales rules (agreement with consignee) define that contracts are used for settlements, the contract is required on registering documents and settlements option is set according to the contract.
If the contracts are not used, then the settlements are kept by documents (by account sales).
Contract with consignee
Data on concluded contracts with consignees are stored in the Contracts list (the With consignee contract type). General contract functionality is not changed interconnection of contract and agreement correspond to general rules. It is determined in the agreement (standard rules of transferring for consignment) whether the contract is required when registering source documents.
If you use consignment sales in the Quotation document, the Consignment goods transfer option becomes available.
The final agreement with consignee for delivery specific products is registered by the Sales order document with the Consignment goods transfer transaction type. Since the consignee makes payment only after the actual sales of goods, there are no financial liabilities of the parties on registering the order.
Functionality of the Sales order document with the Consignment goods transfer transaction is similar to those with the Customer sales transaction. The difference is that fulfillment of payment liabilities is not checked on changing the status. Using statuses and states helps you manage consignee order in the same way as on regular sales.
Transfer and return of consigned goods
Consignment goods transfer is registered by the Sales of goods and services document with the Consignment goods transfer transaction type. According to the consignment sale rules, a consignor has ownership for goods and consignment price is a deposit value. Deposit value is the price according to which the consignee accounts for the sold goods.
To record goods return from the consignee, you can use the Request for goods return from the customer and Return of goods from customer with Return from consignee transaction type.
General rules of documents registration are slightly different from the regular sales. One of the differences is absence of consignee payment liabilities when receiving the goods. That is why payment attributes are disabled in the documents of transfer and return, and you cannot issue or register a received tax invoice.
You can see information on partners received consigned goods in Sales – Consignment sales – Account sales from consignees.
After receiving data on sales and write-off of consigned goods, register the Account sales from consignee or Write-off report from consignee documents. You cannot create these documents manually from the list.
Quantity of goods sold by consignee is registered in the Account sales from consignee document in two ways:
- By stocktaking results. An actual consignee stock balance is specified. Quantity of sold goods is calculated automatically.
- By sales result. Quantity of sold goods is specified.
Sales price in the Account sales from consignee is filled in automatically according to the deposit value of goods transfer, but can be edited manually. The document registers the moment of transferred goods sales and generates consignee debt to consignor for the revenue amount.
Commission amount is filled in according to the agreement and can be edited manually. You can generate the Expenditure requests document for the commission amount and register a received tax invoice. If you select the Keep commission check box, the consignee debt to consignor will be reduced for the amount of commission.
In the Account sales from consignee document, data on tax invoices issued by consignee are registered by every line of the tabular section. Consignor tax invoices for sold goods are generated and edited in a separate form of the current document.
If a customer returned the goods to a consignee and the consignee already reported it to consignor, this return is recorded by consignor. In this case, the reversed Account sales from consignee document with negative amounts is registered by the list of returned goods.
The Write-off report from consignee document is registered if the consignee writes off goods received for other purposes. There is no data on sales and commission in this document, and the consignee debt is generated for the amount of deposit value of written-off goods.
According to the consignee order dated April 30, 2017, the goods were transferred for sale. The consignee provided an account sales dated May 31, 2017. The revenue from the consigned goods minus commission must be transferred on June 21, 2017. Tax invoices are reissued to consignee according to the account sales.
On June 10, 2017, the consignee creates a return request for unsold consigned goods and returns them to an advanced warehouse.
Analytical reporting of consignment sales
The Transferred consigned stock balance report is designed for consignor to determine the balance of consigned goods and transfer time.
The Transferred consigned goods report records volumes of sales, write-offs, and returns of goods under commission agreements.
The State of settlements with consignees report is used to analyze settlements for consigned goods. It is also available as a context report in the Report on consignees document.
The application allows you to provide limited access to the company infobase to loyal customers by provided login and password. This allows customer to solve the following tasks:
- Edit their own contact information, contact persons, counterparties, and bank accounts.
- Register the Sales order document and control its completion status.
- View print forms of source documents generated against their own orders (proforma invoices, sales documents, invoices, etc.).
- Register discrepancies in the Certificate of goods receiving document and control its status.
- Register return in the Request for goods return from customers or Return of goods from customer documents.
- Record data on sales of consigned goods in the Account sales from consignee document.
- Register claims and control their status.
- Generate purchase plans (supplier sales plans).
- View payment debts of registered orders and shipped goods.
To enable customer self-service, click Master data and settings – User and rights settings – External users – Allow external user access.
You can grant access to the Customer self-service subsystem not only to an impersonal representative of the partner, but also to specific contact persons of the partner.
In the Access groups list, create a new item with the External users or External users (contact persons) participant type, and assign the Customer having access to the self-service subsystem profile to these users.
You can add customers (or contact persons) to the participant list having external access to the infobase.
You can control customer access to the infobase in the External users list. It contains the external user connection parameters (login, password, etc.) and relevance flags of their accounts. You can edit this data in the Customers list by clicking External access, or from the Master data and settings – Administration – User and rights settings – External users list.
To provide access to the self-service subsystem, include an external user in the access group with the Customer having access to the self-service subsystem profile.
You can divide the Self-service partner role into several roles. Based on the supplied Customer with access in the self-service mode profile, you can customize any rights for customer representatives deleting excess roles from the profile. To create new profiles with limited functionality, copy the current profile and delete unnecessary roles.
If you use access restriction on the record level, you can add corresponding restrictions to the access group. For example, you can add the Warehouses list as an access type and specify the list of warehouses available for self-service. If you need to set different profiles for external users, you can create several access groups.
Self-service sales rules are specified in the Sales condition agreements with the selected Available to external users check box. You can use standard agreements for a wide range of customers, as well as individual agreements for each partner.
All attributes required for quick order registration are specified in self-service agreements. External users registering orders themselves do not specify company, price, or payment schedule as this data is transferred to the order from the agreement.
If external users populate their purchase plans, the corresponding planning scenario and plan profile are specified in the agreement.
Updating data on current warehouse balance
When external users use self-service system, they have access to the information on current warehouse balance.
Information on current warehouse balance is generated based on data of demand fulfillment method set for goods. The Update data on goods availability for the external users scheduled job must be executed regularly in order to provide external users with relevant information on current warehouse balance.
To register the Sales order document yourself, connect to the infobase, specify your username registered for external access, and enter the self-service system.
To register the order, click Goods added to the cart....
In the Shopping cart dialog box, specify agreement, warehouse and select goods by clicking Fill in – Select goods.
When you select goods, you can view stock balance at a specified warehouse. Click Reports to analyze stock balance at other available warehouses (the Availability of selected goods by warehouses report), or receive full information not only on available stock, but also on the amount of reserved and planned for shipping goods (the Stock balance and availability report).
Using balance control features is limited by the selected roles for a self-service customer. The Read remaining available goods role must be selected to view the current stock balance. This role is required if a customer uses reports and data processors with displayed stock balance.
A customer can view information on goods availability at warehouses in the Availability of selected goods by warehouses report. The report displays information on availability of goods added to the shopping cart at available warehouses, i.e. selected in the access group for this customer.
Information on goods availability at warehouses displayed in the report is generated based on the goods supply method data.
You can use the following options:
- Available to order is specified for the goods with the Order against order supply method.
- In stock is specified for the goods with the Inventory level control supply method. Quantity of goods requested by a customer must be less than a half of available warehouse balance.
- Expected (on the date of expected receipt) is specified for the goods with the Inventory level control supply method if there is no available stock, but goods receipt is expected and the quantity of goods requested by a customer is less than a half of expected stock balance.
- Requires clarification is specified in two previous cases if more than a half of stock balance is required and if stock balance control in warehouses is disabled.
- Expected (on the date of the nearest delivery by supply method) is specified for the goods with the Inventory level control supply method if there are no expected receipts and delivery date is not overdue.
- Out of stock is specified in the same case as the previous one, but when delivery date is not selected, or overdue.
If there are several agreements registered for an external customer, they can use the Compare conditions by available agreements report.
Customers can import data from an external file of any format to the shopping cart (Fill in – Import from external file).
A customer can control order supply status in a registered order (Supply status).
After all required goods are added to the cart, click Register order to open a step-by-step wizard.
A customer can register an order step by step. The Sales order document can be saved as a draft to be edited later. Customers can edit the Sales order document saved as a draft, set the Not approved status for it, and then send to a sales person for approval. When creating an order, a customer can set the order priority.
Current order status is available in the separate Orders list.
If order versioning is enabled, a customer can view order history in self-service mode by clicking Change history. The command is located on the toolbar of the document form.
Customers can edit their orders before they are approved. Order status is displayed in the Execution status report.
Print forms of documents generated for a customer (Proforma invoice, Goods sale, Tax invoice, etc.) are available in separate lists as well as in the order list by clicking Linked documents.
Goods receiving and return
A customer can register receiving results of delivered goods including discrepancies (if any) in the Customer receiving note document. If customers plan to return goods immediately, they create the Request for goods return from the customer document.
You can generate both documents based on sales, or from the list form. They can be edited by external users only in the Not approved status. After approval, customers can generate a print form and view linked documents.
Customers can register the unposted Account sales from consignee document themselves. The document is recorded in the infobase and posted by a sales person after checking. After posting, it is read-only for external users.
The Available to external users check box must be selected in the consignment goods transfer agreement. Sold goods are picked by consigned goods balance. After tax invoices are generated by a consignor, a customer can print them.
External users can register claims based on the Sales order and Customer receiving note documents or in a list form. A claim can be edited until a sales person changes its status to Processed. After status change, a customer can check the current status of the claim and view results of its review.
Purchase plan registration
A customer can use the Sales plan by products document to register purchases. The scenario and plan profile according to which customer purchase plan is generated are preliminarily defined in the agreement available to external users.
A new plan is generated with the Created status and becomes available for processing by a sales person. A customer can change the plan until it has the On approval status. Customers can always view and print their plans.
The Mutual settlements state report is available for external users on action toolbar. It is used to analyze current and future debt status considering planned shipments and payments. Debt amount by payment stages is calculated according to the payment schedule from the sales terms agreement.
Working with sales representatives
The application has a special functionality to organize work with sales representatives (company employees visiting customers to register orders) and to solve the tasks that require a face-to-face meeting with a customer.
You can use the following schemes for sales representatives:
- Sales representatives complete predefined jobs assigned to them by their supervisor. Supervisor generates jobs for sales representatives according to the conditions set for the customer service by sales representatives. A supervisor can assign summary jobs (a sales order must be registered for a certain amount) as well as detailed jobs (a representative must convince a customer to purchase certain goods) depending on the policy, which is specified in the application parameter settings. Sales representatives process the following jobs: register new sales orders, specify contact information, record their expenses, etc. Supervisor controls the way sales representatives perform their jobs.
- Sales representatives perform a lot of tasks themselves: visit customers, register new orders, specify contact information, etc. This pattern of work allows sales representatives to set their own priorities when working with customers, planning sales volumes, etc. In this case, master data is exported from the infobase to the mobile device of a sales representative: customer list, goods list, prices for which goods can be offered, payment terms, etc. Based on this information, a sales representative accepts orders and registers accepted orders in their pocket PC.
You can enable working with sales representatives in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Sales representatives – Work is executed via sales representatives. You should select one of the patterns of work with sales representatives and set corresponding parameter settings.
Entering information on sales representatives
Enter the information on sales representatives and their supervisor that will control their work in the Users list.
Specify corresponding access rights for sales representatives as for other users. Enter sales representative details (passport data, date of birth, contact information, etc.) in the Individuals list.
Working with sales representatives using mobile devices
If sales representatives use mobile devices, the application allows them to exchange information between the mobile devices and the infobase. In this case, sales representatives receive the data required for work to their pocket PCs, and import data (information on accepted orders, changes in customer contact information, etc.) to the managing application.
Sales representative can carry such mobile devices as a pocket PC, a laptop, and other devices meeting the 1C:Enterprise 8 application requirements. Extension for pocket PCs.
You can customize data exchange with mobile devices in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Sales representatives.
Setup of data exchange between a mobile device and the infobase consists of the following steps:
- Create a list of mobile application versions used for mobile devices.
- Create a list of mobile devices that can be used by sales representatives.
- Set the exchange rules for each sales representative working with a specific mobile device.
To view the list of mobile application versions, click Mobile applications.
All downloaded versions of each mobile application are displayed there (items in the group). You can import the mobile application version either from template, or file.
The mobile application template is a component of the supplied configuration. To import it, open the list of predefined templates in Export/import applications – Import application from template, and then select one of the templates, for example, "Sales representative 220.127.116.11". To transfer the mobile application version from one infobase to another, use application export/import via file.
The list of mobile computers used by sales representatives is recorded in the Mobile devices (pocket PC) list.
Mobile computer profile contains the information on the serial number of the mobile computer provided to a sales representative and its short description.
To use the application on mobile devices, you need to use 1C:Enterprise 8. Extension for pocket PCs.
The exchange rules with every mobile computer are registered in the Sales representative settings list.
During data exchange, settings are identified by username (sales representative name) and serial number of mobile computers. If a personal computer is used as a mobile device, PC network name is used for identification. Sales representatives often do not work with the whole customer base of the company, but work only with some customers assigned to them, or sale a specific set of goods.
In such cases, it makes sense to set filters for exported information for the purpose of access restriction. You can set filters for companies (on whose behalf sales are registered), partners, products, price types, warehouses, and reasons for order cancellation.
Additionally, you can allow/prohibit contact information exchange. Moreover, if exchange is allowed, you can allow sales representatives not only to view contact information, but also edit it and enter new information. This works for contact information for the Partners and Partner contact persons lists.
If changes are made in the central infobase when contact information is exported to a sales representative, the changes entered by the sales representative will be ignored when importing data from the mobile application.
Activities of sales representatives without preliminary registered jobs by supervisor
Sales representatives can work independently, without preliminary planning and job creation by a supervisor.
If you want sales representative to work according to such a pattern, select the Not used value of the Jobs for sales representatives parameter in the Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Sales representatives section.
In this case, only master data is exported to the device of a sales representative. After this, a sales representative generates sales orders and enters results of those orders. The orders are imported to the central infobase. Such orders have the Not approved status by default. A person responsible for approval opens each order, analyzes the completeness of entered data, adds required information, sets the final order status, and posts the order.
If necessary, sales representatives can create their own jobs and use them to plan their visits to customers (similarly to a visit schedule creation). They can do it if you set the Used by sales representatives for planning value in the Jobs for sales representatives settings.
In this case, they will be able to use their mobile devices to create jobs, complete them, and generate sales orders on their basis. However, job operations in the central infobase will still be unavailable. Meaning that a sales representative uses job forms only for planning their own activity.
The Itemize jobs for sales representatives parameter setting also affects job operations. If product details are enabled, sales representatives can "assign" the managing application to generate jobs based on the infobase data. To do so, they can specify the following in the pocket PC exchange settings:
- The period, for which sales history must be analyzed, to populate jobs.
- The job population flag with details by characteristics.
- The requirement to receive information of settlements with customers.
For more information on work with sales representatives, see "Mobile application user guide. Sales representative.htm." included in distribution package.
Planning activities of sales representatives by supervisor
Within work planning, the supervisor creates jobs and assigns them to sales representatives. To be able to use jobs, in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Sales – Sales representatives, in the Jobs for sales representatives drop-down list, select Used for management by sales representatives.
The information on jobs is transferred to the mobile device of a sales representative. The information on effective goods prices and available stock at warehouses is also transferred to the mobile device.
The sales representative visits customers, processes tasks assigned by the supervisor, and enters data into the infobase on the mobile device. He or she can also enter the information on customer demands (information on new orders for the previously registered customers and for the new ones). On the mobile device, the sales representative also records his or her expenses (for example, travel costs). All information the sales representative enters is automatically imported into the infobase while exchanging data, and then it is processed by the supervisor.
To plan jobs for sales representatives, use the Prepare jobs for sales representatives form (section Sales – Job preparation).
In this form, you can see a list of partners and information about them important for work planning of sales representatives.
Usually, sales representatives do not use the entire partner database. To filter partners by those the sales representatives really work, in profiles of such partners, select the Served by sales representatives check box. That way other unnecessary partners from the classifier (for example, suppliers) will not be included in the list.
You can record additional service terms for a partner. You can do it either in the partner profile opened from the Sales representative service section, or in the job preparation form.
You can specify the following as service terms:
- Agreement with customer within which the sales representative has to work.
- Sales representative visiting schedule.
In agreements used in sales representatives work, select the Used in sales representatives work check box.
Visiting schedules are reasonable only for loyal customers. The schedule allows the supervisor to define when the next job for a sales representative is to be created. When you prepare jobs to visit partners that set a visiting schedule, in the job preparation form, you will see the date of the next planned visit for the period specified in the form. You can specify the planning period for which you want to display data in the list. It might be useful when you plan work in advance, for example, if you create a plan for the next week and want the data for this week not to attract your attention away.
When you create specific jobs, you can manually edit sales representative visit date and time.
In the application, you can bulk edit terms of services provided by sales representatives. To view terms of services provided to partners by sales representatives, open the dedicated list in the Sales section.
In the list, you can set filter by a certain sales representative, supervisor, or business region the partners belong to. In the list, you can select partners and change service terms for them: Assign another sales representative or supervisor, change visiting schedule, etc. To do it, click Change selected terms.
You can add new partners to the list and set identical service terms for them. To do it, click Add terms.
You can add partners to the list line by line or by using selection data processor (click Select).
You can create a job for a sales representative directly from the job preparation form (section Sales – Jobs for sales representatives).
In the job, all known data on service terms is filled in automatically. Based on the specified agreement with the customer, the application fills in information on terms under which the sales representative can register a sales order.
You can fill in the job content manually or copy it from a previously created job or sales order.
You can register two kinds of jobs for sales representatives: a summary job and a detailed job. The job kind used for sales representatives is defined by the Itemize jobs for sales representatives option.
If the check box is cleared, in the summary job, you can specify a planned amount for which the sales representative has to sell goods to the customer.
The planned job amount can be calculated based on the average sale volume for the customer.
In the detailed job (the Itemize jobs for sales representatives check box is selected), you can specify particular goods to be sold and their planned quantity.
You can also create a detailed job based on sales history data, i.e. the job is filled in with goods the customer bought previously.
Register sales conditions (prices, payment terms), that a sales representative should offer to a customer, in the job according to an effective customer agreement (standard or individual).
When registering an order according to the job in which sales conditions vary from those specified in the agreement you must approve them if a supervisor registering orders from sales representatives does not have the right to vary from sales conditions.
If payment schedule is defined in the customer agreement, populate information about it on the Order terms page. Information on specific payment stages according to the specified payment schedule is filled in after the actual job amount is defined (information on goods to be purchased by the customer is filled in).
In the job, you can register specific tasks for sales representatives that they must complete during their visit to a customer. Specify planned date and time of sales representative visit. After the job is prepared, it has the To process status.
After the jobs are created, the supervisor analyzes the load of sales representatives and if necessary changes planned date and time of a visit, or assigns another representative to the customer. To do so, run the Sales representative visiting schedule report by clicking Sales –Sales reports.
Prepared jobs are exported to mobile devices. For each sales representative, you can customize filter settings for information that is sent to his or her mobile device.
On loading data into the mobile device, a sales representative can set an operation mode allowing them to receive information on available goods balance. This information can be necessary for registering new sales orders. Information on available goods balance which can be received by external users (in this case, by sales representatives) is stored in the Goods availability for external users information register. Data in this register is updated on running the scheduled Update data on goods availability for the external users job.
Processing results of sales representative work in the head office
The sales representative loads information on received jobs, goods, prices, and customers to the mobile device. When visiting a customer, the sales representative registers his or her work results in the mobile device.
The sales representative can do the following:
- Process received jobs:
- Specify actual visit date.
- Specify goods quantity the customer ordered.
- Specify the reason why the customer refused to order goods.
- Describe result of accomplishing task given in the job.
- Register orders:
- Register sales orders to already registered customers.
- Enter information about new customers and register orders to them.
- Register cash outflow document.
For more information, see Mobile application user guide. Sales representative.htm included in the distribution package.
In the head office, data from the sales representative's mobile device is imported to the infobase. The received data is automatically processed in the infobase — the application registers results of job processing by the sales representative.
If you want sales orders to be created automatically when exchanging data, in the exchange settings form (for sales representatives), select the Automatically create orders for the job check box. Sales orders will be automatically created for jobs with the Processed status. In orders, the application will fill in product items for which the Quantity (order) field is filled out in the job to sales representative.
You can also create sales orders manually based on completed jobs (input on basis method).
To view the list of orders created based on the job, open the job form, and then click Sales orders by the document.
If the sales representative is permitted to edit or add new contact information, it will be automatically imported into the infobase while exchanging data.
The sales representative registers information on his or her expenses (travel, meals, etc.) in the mobile device. Based on this data imported to the infobase, the Expense report document is created. In the document, expenses of the sales representative are registered.
Settlements with sales representatives against expenses are registered in the same way as with an advance holder.
Work with sales representatives without using mobile devices
The supervisor registers jobs for the sales representative. Then, the job template is printed and handed over to the sales representative.
You can generate the summary job including all customers the sales representative has to visit and containing information on visit dates and times. You can also generate actual visiting schedule of the sales representative.
You can print job templates for customers who the sales representative has to visit. After visiting a particular customer, the sales representative manually records information about registered orders in the job template.
The sales representative brings report on completed work to the head office. According to this report, the data is manually entered into the infobase: job processing results are registered, information about orders and new customers is entered, expense reports are registered.
If the sales representative does not use jobs, he or she gets a print form of the price list (Price list for order receiving). You can generate this report in the Sales section (Sales reports).
In this form, the sales representative fills in information about goods ordered by customers and submits it to the supervisor. Sales orders are registered manually according to this data.
On 04/07/2017, the sales representative gets a job to offer new goods (the Jobs for sales representatives document with the To processing status). At the same time, the Letter of authority for receiving cash as an advance payment is issued (the Issued status). The sales representative visited the customer on 04/10/2017, and then submitted the report on successful job completion. Based on the report, the cash receipt as an advance payment is recorded and the sales order is generated. The job status is changed to Processed and the letter of authority is assigned the Used status.
Analysis of sales representative performance
To analyze sales representative performance, use dedicated reports. You can generate them in the Sales section (Sales reports).
Use the Analysis of sales representative performance report to analyze how successfully the sales representatives accomplish their tasks. The report is grouped by sales representatives. For each representative, you can see information on the number and amount of processed and unprocessed jobs. The report also displays a percentage and an amount of planned indicator fulfillment in relation to actual indicators.
Data in the Dynamics of sales representative performance indicators report is grouped by months according to the period specified in the report. In the report, you can see processed and unprocessed job indicators in dynamics.
To compare planned and actual data, use the Job execution by sales representatives report. Using this report, you can compare performance of sales representatives and see, for example, who have the largest variances from the plan.