To plan goods purchases, use Purchase plan.
You can configure purchase planning in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Budgeting and planning – Planning – Purchase plans.
Within purchase planning, you can do the following:
- Plan purchases with details by a warehouse, a department, a partner, and an agreement.
- Store parameters of generation and automatic filling of purchase plans.
- Automatically fill in plans using formulas, by sources (application data) or by importing information from spreadsheet files.
- Map purchase plans to other demand and fulfillment plans.
- Control purchase plans and payments to suppliers.
Purchase plans are registered in list Budgeting and planning – Inventory planning – Purchase plans.
Main parameters of Purchase plans:
- Scenario – general planning rules (planning frequency, period displaying and other).
- Plan profile – planning data details and filling rules.
- Period – generated according to planning scenario frequency.
- Goods– products by which future goods purchases from a supplier are to be planned.
Plan profile and scenario by which the purchase plan is generated determine parameters of its generation and automatic filling.
For Purchase plan, the following scenarios of automatic filling are available:
- In case of advanced filling option (by sources):
- Using goods filtering by any parameters (products, a warehouse, a price, a store format, and other). Click Fill in goods – By filter.
- Using a rule. Click Fill in goods – Acc. to rule. To configure rules of filling in goods, click Fill in goods – Configure rule and fill in. This provides access to the Fill in plan form where you can set a planning data source.
- In case of simple filling option (by formula), click Fill in goods. This provides access to the Fill in plan form.
In the Fill in plan form, you can do the following:
- Fill in product content:
- By all supplier products – you can fill in only by registered products of all suppliers.
- By goods purchased from suppliers (statistics of purchases from suppliers).
- Using formula – the products will be received from sources based on which the formula is set.
- By assortment – the products are filled in by the assortment allowed for purchase.
- By filter – the products are filled in by arbitrary filters set in the document.
- Fill in product quantity using the formula.
When filling in the plan using the formula, you can use accumulated data from the base for a certain period (previous period and other).
In Purchase plan, you can register planned payments to suppliers. Usage of payment plans is configured in the Plan profiles list.
For purchase plans, the following statuses are available:
- Under development – the document is being filled in.
- On confirmation – the document is awaiting approval of a responsible person.
- Confirmed – the document is confirmed by the person responsible for the plan approval. Such purchase plans are used as:
- Bases for purchasing goods from a supplier. To create the Purchase order documents based on the data of confirmed purchase plans, configure the Planning scenarios list form. Orders are generated based on the plans in the Generation of purchase orders according to plan workplace. To open the workplace, click Purchases – Purchases – Purchase orders – Create – By plan.
- Planning data source.
- Canceled – the document was not confirmed by the person responsible for the plan approval.
Analysis of purchase plan data
To control actual purchase plan fulfillment in regard to goods and payments broken down by departments, use report Budgeting and planning – Budgeting and planning reports – Inventory planning – Purchase plan fulfillment by departments.
The following report options are available:
- Purchase plan fulfillment by suppliers.
- Purchase plan fulfillment by warehouses.
- Payment and shipment plan fulfillment by suppliers.
The purchase plan fulfillment report is used for variance analysis of purchased products by suppliers, departments, and warehouses.
The Payment and shipment plan fulfillment by suppliers report is used to estimate planned and actual payments to suppliers over a period.
To check if the purchase plan endows other plan types, use the Plan balance report.