Kit assembly and disassembly plans are recorded in Assembly (disassembly) plan.
You can configure assembly and disassembly planning in Master data and settings – Master data and sections – Budgeting and planning – Planning – Assembly (disassembly) plans.
When planning assembly or disassembly, you can do the following:
- Plan assembly and disassembly with details by a warehouse.
- Plan kit subassembly.
- Store parameters of generation and automatic filling of assembly plans.
- Automatically fill in plans using formulas, by sources (application data) or by importing information from spreadsheet files.
- Map assembly plans to other demand and fulfillment plans.
- Control assembly (disassembly) plans.
Assembly (disassembly) plans are registered in list Budgeting and planning – Inventory planning – Assembly (disassembly) plans.
Main parameters of the Assembly (disassembly) plans documents:
- Scenario – general planning rules (planning frequency, period displaying and other).
- Plan profile – planning data details and filling rules.
- Period – generated according to planning scenario frequency.
- Kits – products for which assembly, disassembly or subassembly are to be planned.
Plan profile and scenario by which the assembly (disassembly) plan is generated determine parameters of its generation and automatic filling.
The document contains a list of kits to be assembled or disassembled into components.
Using Assembly (disassembly) plan, you can register the following operation kinds:
- Assembly from components to plan assembly from components.
- Disassembly for components to plan disassembly into components
In Assembly (disassembly) plan, you can plan goods (components) subassembly (click Plan subassemblies). As a result, components (product kits) included in a kit are added to the list of kits (on the Kits tab).
Components whose subassembly is planned are highlighted in the tabular section of Assembly (disassembly) plan with brown. They are assigned with the To plan subassembly planning status (the Subassembly planning column).
Goods for which subassembly is planned are assigned with the Completed status (column Subassembly planning).
Subassembly planning is available if a kit contains goods or another kit for which the list of components is specified. In that case, the application will automatically plan assembly of the main kit as well as assembly of the subkit included in the main kit.
You can plan subassemblies within Assembly (disassembly) plan if the following conditions are met:
- Assembly or disassembly is planned with details by a warehouse.
- The Assembly/Disassembly demand fulfillment method is set up for the warehouse where components are assembled.
For Assembly (disassembly) plan, the following scenarios of automatic filling are available:
- In case of advanced filling option (by sources):
- Using goods filtering by any parameters (products, a warehouse, a price, a store format, and other). Click Fill in – By filter.
- Using a rule. Click Fill in – Acc. to rule. To configure rules of filling in goods, click Fill in – Configure rule and fill in. This provides access to the Fill in plan form where you can set a data source to fill in quantity. Planning data sources are used as sources for filling in quantity.
- In case of simple filling option (by formula), click Fill in goods. This provides access to the Fill in plan form.
In the Fill in plan form, you can do the following:
- Fill in product content:
- By kits to be assembled if they include products for which at least one product kit is created.
- By flag of being used in assembly – this option allows you to fill in products that have ever been assembled.
- By formula – the products will be received from planning data sources.
- By filter – this option allows you to fill in products by arbitrary filters set in the document.
- Fill in quantity of kits by formula.
For Assembly (disassembly) plan, the following statuses are available:
- Under development – the document is being filled in.
- On confirmation – the document is awaiting approval of a responsible person.
- Confirmed – the document is confirmed by the person responsible for the plan approval. Such plans are used as:
- Bases for generating the Assembly (disassembly) order documents. The option of creating the Assembly (disassembly) order documents based on the data of confirmed assembly (disassembly) plans is set up in the planning scenario card. Orders are generated based on the plans in the Generation of assembly (disassembly) orders according to plan workplace.
- Planning data sources.
- Canceled – the document was not confirmed by the person responsible for the plan approval.
Analysis of assembly (disassembly) plan data
To analyze the actual status of goods assembly or disassembly according to plans, use report Budgeting and planning – Budgeting and planning reports – Inventory planning – Assembly (disassembly) plan fulfillment.
To check how assembly (disassembly) plans are fulfilled and comply with other plan types, use the Plan balance report. On the Assembly (disassembly) plan form, click Reports – Plan balance.