1C:Enterprise is an easy-to-use and powerful platform for creating applications that streamline automation of a wide range of business processes.
Check out this video on how easy it is to create a business application using 1C:Enterprise, a flexible rapid application development platform.
In addition, you can test drive the business application developed based on 1C:Enterprise. This is an online demo version, which you can run and use through your web browser.
To get started with developing your own application, let's prepare your computer and a development environment. You need to download and install free 1C:Enterprise platform (training version). Once you've installed the 1C:Enterprise Platform, you will be able to run it locally and start developing new applications or begin customizing existing ones.
Note that a 1C:Enterprise application is logically divided into two major components that are closely interrelated: an application and the platform (1C:Enterprise) on which the application runs. The 1C:Enterprise platform is a Windows or Linux application, which contains everything you need to develop, debug, and run any application based on the platform.
You do not have to install a DBMS because the training version includes a built-in proprietary database. At the same time MS SQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 and Oracle database management systems are supported.
The IDE of 1C:Enterprise platform is named Designer. Designer is the part of 1C:Enterprise platform that allows you to develop applications. To create an empty infobase that does not require a DBMS and start developing your first application, install 1C:Enterprise platform (training version) and follow the steps below to run Designer:
- Run 1C:Enterprise (double-click the 1C:Enterprise shortcut).
- In the 1C:Enterprise Setup dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add infobase/group dialog box, click Create an infobase and then click Next.
- Click the lowest option button Create an infobase without configuration... and then click Next.
- Specify a name for your infobase (any one you like) and then click Next.
- Click Next until you complete the wizard.
- Click Designer.
The 1C:Enterprise platform (training version) package also includes the document Hello, 1C - Building your first application that you can use for your study and as a guide to create a first application on 1C:Enterprise. Hello, 1C is a simple application like "Hello, world!", which will help you to gain a quick first impression of 1C:Enterprise and learn some of the basics of the development environment.
To get support of 1C:Enterprise support team and 1C:Developer Network community, feel free to ask your questions at the 1C:Enterprise platform - General questions, bugs, functionality requests forum, which is intended to help beginners to understand 1C:Enterprise platform basics.
- 1C:Enterprise platform documentation: user, administrator and developer guides.
- Tutorials and training section allows you to study 1C:Enterprise platform using samples and tutorials.
- 1Ci support community forums for developers, as well as users and partners.
- 1C:Enterprise platform overview.
- 1C:Enterprise online demo that allows you to try 1C:Enterprise UI.
- FAQ section contains standards and best practices for 1C:Enterprise developers.
- Applications section is a collection of advanced applications based on 1C:Enterprise platform.
- System requirements contain a list of supported OS and DBMS.