This is applicable to the following bank payment operation:
In the bank payment, do the following:
If you generate a bank payment from a source document (such as the tax accruals document), its general details are automatically prefilled. You can edit them.
To specify general details:
- In the bank payment, in the Operation field, select Taxes.
The bank payment layout is updated to show only the fields that apply to this operation.
- Enter or select the following:
The payment recipient.
The payment recipient list is based on the Counterparties catalog. The catalog is filtered to show only the counterparties with Other relationship type.
This field is automatically prefilled if you generate a bank payment from another document (such as the tax accruals document).
The payment recipient’s bank account.
Cash flow item
A cash flow item assigned to the payment.
You can view the cash flow item in the Cash flow report.
The source document that registers a liability. For instance, the tax accruals document.
This field is automatically prefilled if you generate a bank payment from another document.
It is recommended that you edit this field only if you are creating a bank payment from scratch. After you select a base document, you can click to populate its data to the bank payment.
The total payment amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment.
The bank payment ID. It is automatically generated when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
You can find bank payments by ID in the Bank payments list.
The bank payment date. It is automatically filled in when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
Your company’s name.
This field is available if the Use multi-business accounting check box is selected in Settings > Company.
Your company’s VAT identification number.
This field is available if both of the following conditions are met:
- Your company’s accounting policy states that the company is registered for VAT.
- Multiple active VAT IDs are specified on the company's card.
Your company’s bank account that you use for payments.
Indicates whether the bank has processed the payment.
When you receive a bank statement, select the check box and enter the bank statement date.
Indicates whether the bank payment includes a bank fee.
If you select this check box, at the bottom of the window, provide the following bank fee details:
- Bank fee type. The bank fee type that defines the bank fee settings. As you select the bank fee type, the cash flow item and amount are populated from the bank fee settings. These settings also define the GL account for recording the bank fee amount.
- Cash flow item. The cash flow item for registering the bank fee amount. The cash flow item is populated from the bank fee settings. You can select another cash flow item.
- Amount. The bank fee amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment. The bank fee amount is populated from the bank fee settings or automatically calculated using these settings. You can edit this amount.
To specify payment details:
- On the Payment details tab, enter or select the following:
The type of the tax that you pay.
The list of tax types is based on the Tax agencies catalog.
Line of business
The line of business where the tax expense is allocated.
This field is available if the Accounting by lines of business check box is selected in Settings > Company > Lines of business. You can add this field to reports to analyze income and expenses by lines of business. For instance, the Income and expenses report.
A planning document registers a plan for spending cash. Specify this document if you plan and approve payments beforehand.
You can specify a planning document if planning and forecast are enabled (the Cash flow projection check box is selected in Settings > Cash management > Cash flow projection).
To specify a planning document:
- On the Planning documents tab, enter or select the following:
A planning document. Select either of the following:
- Payment request
- Internal cash transfer (Plan)
The amount planned to spend. It is in the currency of the bank account that you use for payment.
By default, this field is prefilled with the amount specified in the bank payment general details. You can edit it.