This is applicable to the following bank payment operation:
This operation is available if the Enable Payroll subsystem check box is selected in Settings > Payroll.
In the bank payment, do the following:
If you generate a bank payment from a source document (such as a payslip), its general details are automatically prefilled. You can edit them.
To specify general details:
- In the bank payment, in the Operation field, select Payroll.
The bank payment layout is updated to show only the fields that apply to this operation.
- Enter or select the following:
Cash flow item
A cash flow item assigned to the payment.
You can view the cash flow item in the Cash flow report.
The source document that registers a payment request.
This field is automatically prefilled if you generate a bank payment from another document (such as a payslip).
It is recommended that you edit this field only if you are creating a bank payment from scratch. After you select a base document, you can click to populate its data to the bank payment.
The total payment amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment.
The bank payment ID. It is automatically generated when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
You can find bank payments by ID in the Bank payments list.
The bank payment date. It is automatically filled in when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
Your company’s name.
This field is available if the Use multi-business accounting check box is selected in Settings > Company.
Your company’s VAT identification number.
This field is available if both of the following conditions are met:
- Your company’s accounting policy states that the company is registered for VAT.
- Multiple active VAT IDs are specified on the company's card.
Your company’s bank account that you use for payments.
Indicates whether the bank has processed the payment.
When you receive a bank statement, select the check box and enter the bank statement date.
Indicates whether the bank payment includes a bank fee.
If you select this check box, at the bottom of the window, provide the following bank fee details:
- Bank fee type. The bank fee type that defines the bank fee settings. As you select the bank fee type, the cash flow item and amount are populated from the bank fee settings. These settings also define the GL account for recording the bank fee amount.
- Cash flow item. The cash flow item for registering the bank fee amount. The cash flow item is populated from the bank fee settings. You can select another cash flow item.
- Amount. The bank fee amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment. The bank fee amount is populated from the bank fee settings or automatically calculated using these settings. You can edit this amount.
To specify the payment allocation details:
- On the Payment allocation tab, in the Line of business field, enter the line of business where the payroll expense is allocated.
This field is available if the Accounting by lines of business check box is selected in Settings > Company > Lines of business. You can add this field to reports to analyze income and expenses by lines of business. For instance, the Income and expenses report.
- Click Add and enter or select the following:
A payslip that shows how much you owe to employees. It can include payments for multiple employees.
The list of payslips includes only your company’s payslips with the payment currency that matches the currency of the account that you use for payment.
A document that registers a plan for spending cash. One of the following:
- Payment request
- Internal cash transfer (plan)
Fill in this field if your company’s rules require that payments are planned and approved beforehand. Then you will be able to trace the payment to the original planning document. You will also be able to view the planning document in the Cash balance forecast report.
The field is available only if planning and forecast are enabled (the Cash flow projection check box is selected in Settings > Cash management > Cash flow projection).
The payment amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment.
This amount is populated from the selected payslip. To change the amount, edit the payslip details.