This is applicable to the following bank payment operation:
- Transfer to advance holder
In the bank payment, do the following:
- Specify general details.
- Do either of the following:
- For payment that covers an employee’s expense claim, specify payment details.
- For an advance payment to an employee, go to step 3.
- Specify planning documents.
Specifying general details
If you generate a bank payment from a source document (such as payment request), its general details are automatically prefilled. You can edit them.
To specify general details:
- In the bank payment, in the Operation field, select Transfer to advance holder.
The bank payment layout is updated to show only the fields that apply to this operation.
- Enter or select the following:
The payment recipient.
The list of payment recipients is based on the Employees catalog.
This field is automatically prefilled if you generate a bank payment from another document (such as a payment request).
The payment recipient’s bank account.
Cash flow item
A cash flow item assigned to the payment.
You can view the cash flow item in the Cash flow report.
The source document that registers a request for payment.
This field is automatically prefilled if you generate a bank payment from another document.
It is recommended that you edit this field only if you are creating a bank payment from scratch. After you select a base document, you can click to populate its data to the bank payment.
The total payment amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment.
The bank payment ID. It is automatically generated when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
You can find bank payments by ID in the Bank payments list.
The bank payment date. It is automatically filled in when you post the bank payment. You can edit it.
Your company’s name.
This field is available if the Use multiple businesses accounting check box is selected in Settings > Company.
Your company’s VAT identification number.
This field is available if both of the following conditions are met:
- Your company’s accounting policy states that the company is registered for VAT.
- Multiple active VAT IDs are specified on the company's card.
Your company’s bank account that you use for payments.
Indicates whether the bank has processed the payment.
When you receive a bank statement, select the check box and enter the bank statement date.
Indicates whether the bank payment includes a bank fee.
If you select this check box, at the bottom of the window, provide the following bank fee details:
- Bank fee type. The bank fee type that defines the bank fee settings. As you select the bank fee type, the cash flow item and amount are populated from the bank fee settings. These settings also define the GL account for recording the bank fee amount.
- Cash flow item. The cash flow item for registering the bank fee amount. The cash flow item is populated from the bank fee settings. You can select another cash flow item.
- Amount. The bank fee amount in the currency of the bank account that you use for the payment. The bank fee amount is populated from the bank fee settings or automatically calculated using these settings. You can edit this amount.
Specifying payment details
Specify the payment details only if you want to register the payment that covers an employee’s expense claim.
To specify payment details:
- On the Payment details tab, specify an expense claim that the payment covers.
Specifying planning documents
A planning document registers a plan for spending cash. Specify this document if you plan and approve payments to advance holders beforehand.
You can specify a planning document if planning and forecast are enabled (the Cash flow projection check box is selected in Settings > Cash management > Cash flow projection).
To specify a planning document:
- On the Planning documents tab, enter or select the following:
A planning document. Select either of the following:
- Payment request
- Internal cash transfer (Plan)
The amount planned to spend. It is in the currency of the bank account that you use for payment.
By default, this field is prefilled with the amount specified in the bank payment general details. You can edit it.