IMPORTANT! You need to decide on the type of license you want to obtain BEFORE YOU CONTINUE.
You are provided with two license kits: one for 20 single-user licenses and one for a single 20-user license. As soon as you obtain a license from any of these two kits, the licenses from another kit become unavailable. In other words, if you first obtain a single-user license, the multi-user license becomes unavailable. And the other way around: if you first obtain a multi-user license, all single-user licenses become unavailable.
Single-user licenses kit
Multi-user license kit
We recommend that you install single-user licenses directly on users’ computers. Each single-user license allows you to run any number of 1C:Enterprise sessions on this specific computer. You have 20 single-user licenses, so you can install them on 20 different computers.
You can install the multi-user license:
● On the 1C:Enterprise server computer if you use the client-server mode
● On the web server computer if you use the file mode
● On the terminal server if your users work in the terminal mode
The multi-user license limits the number 1C:Enterprise sessions to the number specified in the License Agreement. The multi-user license is not bound to any end-user computer. It means that, unlike the single-user license, the multi-user license limits only the number of open sessions but not the specific end-user computers these sessions are open from.
Attention! Once you obtain a license, you cannot change the type of license you use. You confirm the type of license you want to use by activating a PIN from one license kit or another.
To obtain a license for the first time, run 1C:Enterprise in any of the following modes: Designer, 1C:Enterprise (thick client), or 1C:Enterprise (thin client). If no software license or dongle is found on the computer, the license activation procedure will be started automatically.
When obtaining a license, you will need to enter the following data:
- License kit number
- License owner information
You might need to restore the obtained license in the future, for example, in a case of the license file damage or loss. To restore the license you will be asked to enter exactly the same information (including the license owner information) you entered when you first activated this license. Therefore, we recommend that you save this data to a file and keep it in safe storage.
- When you first start 1C:Enterprise, a dialog box with a license activation request will appear. Click Acquire license.
- In the 1C:Enterprise license registration dialog box, enter the license kit number and PIN.
Attention! 5-, 10-, and 20-user licenses contain two license kits: the single-user license kit and the multi-user license kit. Before entering the PIN, decide which license kit—single-user or multi-user—you want to use, and then select the PIN from the license kit you have chosen. Once you enter the first PIN, the license kit this PIN belongs to will be activated, and you won’t be able to switch to another license kit.
- If you want to bind the license to the computer you are now on, and this computer is connected to the Internet, click Next. The license will be activated and stored to your computer automatically.
If you don’t want to activate the license this way, tick the appropriate checkbox in the 1C:Enterprise license registration dialog box.
- If you work in the client-server mode and are on one of the client computers you can receive a license to install it to the 1C server. To do so, select the Install the license on the server check box and enter an address and a port number of the 1C server computer.
- In the Select operation dialog box, click First-time registration.
- Enter license owner details.
- Specify which hardware you want to bind the software license to: the computer or the dongle.
- Check and confirm the selected license binding method.
- If automatic license activation has been disabled, select the license activation method: automatic or manual (using a file).
- Automatic (via the Internet). This method can be selected if 1C:Enterprise can successfully connect the 1C Licensing Center from this computer. In this case, 1C:Enterprise automatically requests a license, activates it, and saves it on your computer.
- Manual (using a file). This method can be used, for example, if your computer is not connected to the Internet, but you can use email and the Internet on another computer.
- Save the license request file and then upload it to http://users.v8.1c.ru/lc, or email it to Licensing Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you receive the file with the license, restart Designer, go to Tools – License acquisition, click Specify license file received from the Licensing Center., and upload the file received from Licensing Center.