You can split a production task into several tasks including smaller portions of work. This gives you flexibility in planning daily activities depending on availability of resources.
For instance, you can split a production task in the following cases:
- Components are available for completing only a part of the production task.
- You want to distribute work among several employees to complete the production task faster.
To split a production task:
- Go to Production > Planning > Production task management.
- Select a production task.
- Above the production tasks list, click Split.
The Production task (split) window is displayed. It shows a link to the original production task and the quantity of operations in this task.
- Click Add. A line for a new production task is added.
- In this line, in the Quantity field, specify the number of operations to include in the new production task.
- Click Enter.
A line for another production task is added. The Quantity field is automatically prefilled with the remaining quantity of operations. It is calculated as the difference between the quantity of operations in the original production task and the quantity specified on step 5.
- Do one of the following:
- To create two new production tasks, click Split.
- To create more than two new production tasks, change the prefilled quantity of operations to a smaller one and click Enter. Repeat this step to create as many tasks as you need. Ensure that their total quantity of operations matches the quantity of operations in the original production task. Then click Split.
The new production tasks appear in the Production task field.
- Click Close.
The new production tasks appear in the Production task management workplace. Their status is Open. The status of the original production task is Split. This task cannot be edited.