When production is launched, one of the following is usually transferred from a warehouse to the production site:
- Raw materials or semi-finished products for manufacturing finished products.
- Finished products for disassembling into components.
If your business process does not require a separate inventory transfer document, you can register the inventory transfer using a production document.
To register inventory transfer to the production site:
- Go to Production > Production > Production.
- Double-click a production document line.
- Do one of the following:
- For a production document where Operation=Assembly, select the Finished products.
- For a production document where Operation=Disassembly, select the Components.
- In the Consume from field, specify a warehouse.
- Click Post and close.