When production is finished, one of the following is usually transferred to a warehouse:
- Finished products
- Components of disassembled products
In addition, if by-products are collected, they are also transferred to a warehouse.
If your business process does not require a separate inventory transfer document, you can register the inventory transfer using a production document.
To register products transfer to a warehouse:
- In a production document, do one of the following:
- For Assembly or Convert from Work in progress process type, select the Finished products.
- For Disassembly process type, select the Components.
- In the Transfer to field, specify a business unit of the Warehouse type.
To register by-products transfer to a warehouse:
- In a production document, select the By-products tab.
- In the Transfer to field, specify a warehouse.