A production document is a part of any of the following production processes:
Before you start working with production documents, ensure that you set up the production process. To learn more, see Setting up make-to-order process or Setting up multioperation make-to-order process.
Create a production document to register production process completion and post the production cost of finished goods. The production cost will be based on the production input and output specified in a production document. The production input and output depends on your production process type.
In 1C:Drive, you can issue production documents for the following production process types:
- Assembly. Manufacturing finished products and posting the finished goods cost once, upon the manufacturing process completion. The cost is based on the consumed materials only.
- Disassembly. Disassembling finished products and posting the disassembly output cost once, upon the disassembling process completion. The cost is based on the consumed finished products only.
- Convert from Work in progress. Manufacturing finished products and posting the finished goods cost based on completed operations and consumed materials.
Production documents can arise from your sales orders or production orders. In this case, you can generate production documents based on sales orders or production orders.
A generated production document includes prefilled details and a link to the source document. This saves your time on data input and ensures the production document traceability. For example, if you receive a sales order that requires manufacturing, you can generate a production order based on the sales order. Then generate a production document based on the production order. This will ensure traceability from the sales order to the production results.
For processing production documents, use the Production list where you can:
- View production documents.
- Create production documents.
- Register inventory transfer to the production site.
- Register inventory transfer to a warehouse.