To be able to ensure that inventory is available for certain customer’s orders, set up reservation.
Then you will able to do the following:
- Use the Reservation tool in sales documents.
- Create inventory reservation documents.
- Specify target sales orders in inventory transfers and production documents.
For instance, you can create a sales order and use the Reservation tool to request that a warehouse keeps the specified inventory for this sales order only. This inventory will be unavailable for dispatching under other sales orders or inventory transfers.
To set up inventory reservation:
- Go to Settings > Accounting settings > Sales.
- In the Reservation section, select the Use inventory reservation check box.