A storage bin is a unit of space in a storage. Storage bins determine the exact locations where certain inventory can be stored. This helps warehouse workers accurately place and easily pick inventory.
In 1C:Drive, you can specify a storage bin when you register sales, purchase, production, and warehouse operations. For example, an inventory transfer requires that you specify a target storage location. Only storages of the following types can have storage bins:
To manage storage bins, use the Storage bins catalog. It is available if the Inventory accounting by storage bins check box is selected in Settings > Purchases/Warehouse > Warehouse accounting.
In the Storage bins catalog, you can do the following:
To view storage bins:
- Warehouse > Catalogs > Storage bins.
The Storage bins list columns can vary depending on the list settings. By default, the following column is available:
- Description. A storage bin name or short description.
To quickly find a storage bin:
- Sort the catalog by column by clicking a column header. To change the sorting order, click the header again.
- Search the catalog using the search field above the list.
To view the storage bin details:
In the Storage bins catalog, double-click a storage bin line.
You can create a storage bin from one of the following:
- Storage bins catalog
- Warehouses catalog
These catalogs provide different lists of storage bins:
- The Storage bins catalog lists storage bins of all warehouses.
- The Warehouses catalog lists only storage bins of the selected warehouse.
To create a storage bin:
- Do one of the following:
- To create a storage bin from the Storage bins catalog, go to Warehouse > Catalogs > Storage bins.
- To create a storage bin from the Warehouses catalog, go to Warehouse > Catalogs > Warehouses, double-click a warehouse and on the warehouse card, click Storage bins.
- In the Storage bins catalog, click Create.
- In the Storage bin (create) window, enter or select the following:
Field Description Department or warehouse A warehouse or department where a storage bin is located.
It is automatically filled in if you create a storage bin from the Warehouses catalog. You can edit it.
Description A storage bin name or short description.
For example, it can define a coordinate of a shelf in an aisle.
Group A storage bin’s parent group.
Groups help you classify storage bins by certain characteristics. For example, by location, total capacity, or maximum weight. This can help you accurately select storage bins for business transactions. For example, inventory transfers.
- Click Save and close.
To edit storage bin details:
- Open a storage bins list using one of the following options:
- To open a storage bins list of all warehouses, go to Warehouse > Catalogs > Storage bins.
- To open a storage bins list of a certain warehouse, go to Warehouse > Catalogs > Warehouses, double-click a warehouse and on the warehouse card, click Storage bins.
- Double-click a storage bin line.
- Edit the details. To learn more, see Creating storage bins.