- Calculating current demand
- Calculating replenishment recommendations
- Generating replenishment orders
Demand planning is the process of calculating the product quantity the company needs to procure or to produce to keep up with the current demand.
Demand planning calculation collects data from the following sources:
- Stock on hand
- Replenishment period
- Outbound documents, which add to the demand:
- Production orders with the Assembly process type (components)
- Sales orders
- Work orders
- Work in progress (components)
- Inbound documents, which add to the supply:
- Production orders (finished products)
- Purchase orders
- Optionally: Reorder point settings
If you want the Demand planning tool to take into account the minimum and maximum inventory levels, set up Reorder point settings in the product card.
To calculate the current demand:
- Open the Demand planning tool. To do so, in the navigation menu click either of the following:
- Purchases > Demand planning. The Demand planning window opens with the Replenishment method set to Purchase.
- Production > Demand planning. The Demand planning window opens with the Replenishment method set to Production.
- Fill in or select the following:
|Demand period||The period that you calculate the current demand for. The start date of the period is always the current date.|
|Replenishment method||Select a replenishment method to view the demand for products with the same replenishment method specified in the product card.|
|Supplier||Optional: Select a supplier to view the demand for products that have this supplier specified as the default supplier in the product card. You can manage the list of suppliers in the Counterparties catalog.
To see products from all your suppliers, leave this field empty.
|Company||The company that you calculate the current demand for.
If you want to allow multiple companies, go to Settings > Company > Multiple businesses > Multiple businesses accounting and select the Use multiple businesses accounting checkbox.
- On the Demand tab, click Calculate.
The result of the calculation appears on the Demand tab for each day of the specified demand period. The result includes the following details:
|Product||The product description as it is specified in the Products catalog. To view the demand details, expand a product line. The details include the following:
|Variant||A variation of the product, for example in color or size, as it is specified in the product card.|
|Shortage||The product quantity the company needs to procure or produce to meet the demand by the end of the demand planning period.
Shortage arises in the following cases:
Documents that contribute to Outbound quantity:
Documents that contribute to Inbound quantity:
The total product quantity the company needed to procure or produce to meet the demand by the current date.
Overdue quantity is calculated by the same formulas as the shortage quantity providing that it includes data only from the documents whose fulfillment date is past due.
|<Date>||A date within the demand planning period.
After you have the current demand data, you can generate a list of replenishment recommendations to cover the demand.
Replenishment options can include the following orders:
- Purchase orders.
- Production orders. To enable Production orders, go to Settings > Accounting settings > Production and select the Enable Production subsystem checkbox.
From the recommendation list, you can select the required products and generate the replenishment orders in one click.
To generate replenishment recommendations:
- Select the Recommendations tab.
- Select the Show recommendations option:
- Select For period end date if you want to see the aggregated replenishment orders at the end of the specified demand period. In this case, the calculation ignores shortages within the period.
- Select By dates within period if you want to see the replenishment orders issued before the date the shortage occurres. The order date is calculated by the formula:
Order date = Shortage date – Replenishment period
- Click Calculate.
The list of recommendations includes the following details:
|Product||The product description as specified in the Products catalog.
To view the recommended replenishment options, expand a product line.
|Variant\Source||For a Product line, contains a product variant. For a Purchase order line, contains the product variant default supplier.|
|Receipt date||The date when you will receipt the product according to the suggested order. The date depends on the Replenishment period specified in the product card and calculated by the formula:
Receipt date = Order date + Replenishment period
|Quantity||The demanded product quantity.|
|Price||The price the default supplier charges for the product. The product prices are specified in the Counterparty prices section in the product card.|
|Amount||The amount payable as per the replenishment order.|
|Currency||The supplier price currency.|
|Price type||The supplier price type. To learn more, see Supplier price types.|
To expand all product lines, click Show details. To collapse all product lines, click Hide details.
To select all orders whose default replenishment method matches the replenishment method specified in the header of Demand planning, click Select default orders. To clear the selection from all orders, click Clear order selection.
Note. If you calculate recommendations For the end of the period, and by that date the demand a replenishment order covers is overdue, such order won't be selected when you click Select default orders.
After you have calculated replenishment recommendations, you can generate replenishment orders. To do so, do the following:
- Select replenishment orders and go to the Orders tab.
- Optionally: Click Settings and in the window that opens choose the options you need:
- Set order status to In progress. Select this checkbox if you want to set the status of the replenishment orders to In progress.
- Post orders automatically. Select this checkbox if you want 1C:Drive to try to post the replenishment orders. Please note that orders that are missing required data will not be posted.
- Include in production planning. Select this option if you want 1C:Drive to add the replenishment orders to the production queue.
- Generate orders by supplier. Select this option if you want to consolidate orders with the same price, receipt date, and supplier (for Purchase orders) or manufacturer (for Production orders).
- Click Generate orders.
To view and manage the upcoming dispatches, click Goods dispatching.