When the production order details are finalized and the priority is defined, generate Work in progress documents. This will register a Work in process document for each operation required for completing the production orders. Then you will be able to schedule them.
To generate Work in progress documents for a production order:
- Go to Production > Planning > Production planning and control.
- On the filter pane, select the Generating Work in progress check box.
The production orders queue shows only the production orders that require generating Work in progress documents.
Note. The queue can include production orders with linked Work in progress documents. This happens if some operations were omitted when Work in progress documents were generated for production orders. For instance, this can happen if you decide to take a component from stock instead of producing it.
- In the production orders queue, select a production order line.
- Click Actions and select Generate Work in progress.
- In the Generate Work in progress for production order <ID and date> window, select the Generate check box for each operation that you want to register.
Note. The operations list is based on the bill of materials (BOM) of the product specified in the production order. If the product BOM is multilevel, the operations list includes operations from each BOM level. For instance, a 3-level BOM includes a component with a BOM that includes another component with a BOM. In this case, the operations list includes operations from each BOM. 1C:Drive supports up to 3 levels in BOM.
- Click Generate Work in progress.
The Work in progress column is filled in with the links to the generated Work in progress documents. You can click these links to view the documents.