When you start 1C:Drive for the first time, you are prompted to choose the configuration settings. The settings define the following:
- The features that will be available for you. They can include 1C:Drive core features or a combination of core and country-specific 1C:Drive features (in 1C:Drive local versions).
- The general settings for these features. For instance, default presentation currency, functional currency, chart of accounts, and VAT rates.
When you choose configuration settings, you can specify a country of operation. This will configure country-specific features and general settings.
Warning! You cannot change the specified country after you apply the configuration settings. So, if you plan to manage business records of companies from several countries, choose to Initialize with default settings.
Performing initial configuration setup
To perform initial configuration setup:
- On the client’s PC, start 1C:Enterprise.
- In the 1C:Enterprise startup window, click 1C:Enterprise.
- Wait until the 1C:Drive application data is populated.
- In the Initial configuration setup window, configure the 1C:Drive version that you want to use. One of the following:
- For 1C:Drive local version, select a country.
- For 1C:Drive core version, select Initialize with default settings.
- For 1C:Drive local version with custom extensions, click load data from file and select the configuration settings file. The file version number must match the 1C:Drive version number.
Note. You can also use this option to configure any version of 1C:Drive if the configuration settings file is missing in the 1C:Drive installation directory. This can happen if 1C:Drive is installed in a custom directory instead of the default one.
- Click Proceed.
- Wait until data loading is finished.
- Click OK.
1C:Drive features are configured. If needed, you can change their general settings (such as presentation or functional currency). To learn more, see Setting opening balances.
Setting company details
Company details define your company’s type, name, tax ID, and key employees. These details are populated in business documents and shown in their print forms.
To set company details:
- On the Home page, in the Enter the company details section, click Start.
- Fill in the company details.
- Click Close.
Setting opening balances
When you switch to 1C:Drive from another business management tool, you might have business records showing the following:
- amounts on cash or bank accounts.
- outstanding receivables or payables.
- stock level details.
- taxes payable.
If you have such records, enter them in 1C:Drive as opening balances. For accurate accounting, ensure that the date of entering opening balances is earlier than the start date of the first accounting period in 1C:Drive. This ensures that the accounting data of prior and current accounting periods are stored separately and shown in reports correctly.
To enter any opening balances except taxes payable:
- On the Home page, in the Enter the start balances section, click Start.
- In the opening balance wizard, do one of the following:
- To specify only the opening balances, select Simple (recommended).
- To specify the opening balances and change general settings applied during initial configuration setup, select Advanced.
To enter taxes payable:
- Go to Company > See also > Opening balance entry.
- On the Opening balance entries page, click Create.
- On the Opening balance entry (create), set Accounting section to Taxes.
- On the Taxes payable tab, click Add.
- Specify tax type and amount.
- Click Post and close.