When production is launched, one of the following is usually transferred from a warehouse to the production site:
- Raw materials or semi-finished products for manufacturing finished products.
- Finished products for disassembling into components.
If your business process does not require a separate inventory transfer document, you can register the inventory transfer using a production document.
To register inventory transfer to the production site:
- In a production document, do one of the following:
- For Assembly or Convert to WIP operation type, select the Finished products tab.
- For Disassembly operation type, select the Components tab.
- In the Consume from field, specify a warehouse.