Scope: managed applications.
1. When you design interfaces, a standard screen resolution is 1280x768. Use 96 DPI standard resolution for development purposes.
2. Operating conditions:
- The main application window fits the screen.
- The operating system taskbar is visible and located at the bottom of the screen. It reduces its length by 40 pixels.
- The application is opened in a browser. The workspace height is reduced by browser titles and panels by 60 pixels in average (Internet Explorer by 54 pixels, Mozilla Firefox by 63 pixels, Google Chrome by 60 pixels).
3. The workspace available for the application is limited to 1280x668 pixels.
4. Upon a standard screen resolution, form items must fit the screen without a vertical or horizontal scroll. Exceptions are lists, in which a vertical scroll is allowed and a horizontal scroll is not recommended.
See also: General recommendations (8.2)