Payment terms define the conditions under which a supplier completes a sale. Typically, they specify the following:
- a period when a customer can pay off the amount due
- whether a supplier expects a single payment or installments according to a schedule
Payment terms can also require cash in advance, cash on delivery, payment method.
In 1C:Drive, you can define payment terms using one of the following options:
- Specify payment terms in the counterparty billing details.
- Specify payment terms in a counterparty contract.
When it comes to sales documents or purchase documents, you add the payment terms that govern a sale or purchase.
You have the following options:
- Fill in payment terms automatically
- Add payment terms manually
Filling payment terms automatically
The payment terms automatically apply to a sales document or a purchase document in the following cases:
- You specify a counterparty (a supplier or a customer) that has payment terms set in the billing details.
- You specify a counterparty contract where payment terms are set.
- You generate a document from another document with payment terms set.
Then you can edit the payment terms.
Adding payment terms manually
To add the payment terms manually:
- In a purchase document or sales document, select the Payment terms tab.
- Select the Set payment terms check box.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a single payment, select Single and specify the payment method and due date.
- To add payment by installments, select Installments and specify the payment method and installment details.
- If the payment method is Cash-in-hand or Electronic, specify the settlement account.
- Click Save.